Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

docnuk's buggies and wartrakks - buggymania

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Nemlas

Nemlas

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:- Still amassing the Waaagh -
If my calculations are correct, when this baby reaches 88 MPH... Sorry, LandSpeeder conversion gave me flashbacks. Also a SkorchaTrakk that actually looks quite nice(I can't stand the standard model), much more compact, and realistic. How are you sposed to speed around with a trailer attached to your Trakk... well on roads it probably isn't a problem but a Trakk across a field that things gonna be all over the shop. Not yours though, proppa logik you got. Oh god I want to make a LS conversion myself just so I can have a Big Mek in a white coat and a grot called Marty on a hoverboard. The rokkit gunner is my favourite out of these as well :blush he's just sitting in the back waiting for his turn to shoot playing with his rokkits WHOOSH! It might not be what you were aiming for but it's made me chuckle. Also is it just me or does the Trakk seem so... tiny compared to the buggies? It's probably just the photo of having the huge buggies next to the skinny Trakk but it seems ludicrously small. Guess he didn't get the message about how aero-dynamics are a lie, it's all about the red paint.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

so, now there are 3 "normal" buggies, but only one wartrakk.

so i have to do two more with trakks (for symmetry).

i took an' old buggy chassis, wrapped up the original wartrakk-trakks with chimera trakks to bulk them up and added them to the chassis.

i add a pair of this fantastic new trukk wheels (small ones) and this is it by now.

1-wartrakk-2a.jpg

i start to make a proper platform this evening.

i'm toying with the idea to put a big tank on it and use it as a scorcha buggy.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1_wartrakk_2a.jpg

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Nice work. Your buggies have a real orky mad max feel to them. :thumbs

The trakk's looking good too. Wrapping those weedy old trakks with chimera ones is a great idea.

i'm toying with the idea to put a big tank on it and use it as a scorcha buggy.

Sounds like a flaming good idea. :biggrin
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
I love the conversions on all the buggies and wartracks, you just gave me an idea of what to do to improve the engine block of my new tank, I have a landspedder that I can rip the enigne off and attach it to the new tank, giving it a new populsion system, thanks!

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nicely done. Will GW be doing a big grab bag of all this old Trakk/Buggy stuff at any point? Proberly not :crybaby
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

so, have made done the platform, more to follow.

2-wartrakk-2a.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 2_wartrakk_2a.jpg

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
...hehe, you have quite an interesting number of cool buggies :thumbs good job on the covering the old trakks with chimera trakks...i'll keep that in mind! ;) question: the platform..is it all made of plasticard?? But that's non-smooth plasticard?? My store told me that only plain platicard exists, no variants with rough surfaces... (hope you understand what i'm trying to ask!)

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

thats textured plastic card, available for architectual needs.

(bulb plate in english, "lamiera lagrima" in italian as the label says, manufacter is named schulcz (www.schulcz.de).

mostly every big town has a supplement shop for architects to build model houses.

the I- abd T-shaped tubes are also available there.

i think this is available in internet shops, too.

hope this helps.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

next small update: added the tank. it is very big but thinking big is the orky way :)

the size of the buggy is now similar to the old trukk.

3-wartrakk-2-tank.jpg

next step: the cockpit

Attached Thumbnails

• 3_wartrakk_2_tank.jpg

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
That looks really good Doc, Could I suggest mounting the actual weapon on top of the fuel tank, in some sort of crows nest? Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

nothing so "high tech". :)

by now i'm thinking just having a boy sitting upon with a gitburna attached to the tank.

but being unsure i will start the front part including a driver first

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Another well thought-out application of that big fuel tank/boiler. I like it. I think the skorcha will look best on the front (it also maximises its effective range).
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,574 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
It could be used as a giant fungus beer keg sent to the front lines to re-charge the boyz spirits! :cheers The design is pretty versitile though, i spose you could use it as a skorcha. You could add some big speakers for when people are are "encouraged" to do the "burny dance"
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

HVNSNTSOLDIER

HVNSNTSOLDIER

Slugga Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 349 posts
  • Army Name:Grimmek's Gear'eadz
Very good job there DocNuk, lobe the ramshackled designs of the buggies and wartrakk. You could use the giant scorcha tank as an Orky nuke! Use it as a Doomsday Device for a Killteam game! Just one quick question, are the pilots and gunners removable? Because I keep seing pics of the buggies an trakks with and without drivers and gunners.
The only reason flamethrowers exist is due to the fact that one day, someone asked themself "Hey, I want to see those people over there on fire, but I'm not close enough to get the job done."

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Total bull! You don't see Scarface running around screaming "Say hello to my LITTLE PEN!" now do you?

http://www.magmaker.co.nr/1337-speak
Stop "1337-speak"!

Grimmek's Waaagh Kareer
W:2 T:3 L:9

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

the gunners and driver are not really removeable.

in the beginning they were simply not builded or painted. i glued them after they were painted.

i like the idea of a giant fungus beer keg.

as you know fungus is brew very imflammable and could also used for skorchas :lol

expecially if it is radioactive :P

for the location of the skorcha i'm toying with a few ideas.

i have done something similar in the past and simply maybe copy/vary that solution.

have done a rollcage and added a few rivets and gubbinz.

4-wartrakk-2-rollcage-.jpg

have an idea for the driver by now. nothing better to do now. it is only soccer/football in tv :choppa

Attached Thumbnails

• 4_wartrakk__2_rollcage_.jpg

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
The skorcha-trakk is looking great DocNuK. :thumbs I like how you've incorporated the big fuel tank and the new rollbars and bumper look nice. I'd probably mount the skorcha on the front, possibly to one side of the driver, and not have a separate gunner. Think this would look more kompact and be more useful in games. Looking forward to seeing more. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

driver is done. no visible feet :), otherwise he will not fit in the cockpit.

the new heads and arms of the ork bike sprue are fantastic.

the body is from the new trukk kit.

5-wartrakk-2-driver-.jpg

made a frontshield to protect the engine and sideshields including glyphs

5-wartrakk-2-frontshield-.jpg

(the damned ips errors made it nearly impossible to upload pics :bleep )

only left to do a few minor addings like exhaust, a banner/flag pole etc.

and a the major decission to take a gunner or simply add a mounted front skorcha has to be solved.

maybe i will try both.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5_wartrakk__2_frontshield_.jpg
  • 5_wartrakk__2_driver_.jpg

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
These are beautiful, Doknuk. Your a bits cobbling monster! Your modeling skills have become really impressive! Great job. I think the best innovation is the wrapping the old wartrak tracks with russ(?) tracks.
Where's da trukk?

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
hi, that skorcher buggy looks great, i really like the tracks and the chains and the use of the chem plant kit its got proppa mad max styling, i cant really suggest anything, its perfect, great stuff :cheers
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 961 posts

looted myself and made a gunner sitting on the top of the tank, from a view from the top (tabletop :) ) it looks good.

added exhaust and banner pole.

6-wartrakk-2-gunner.jpg

also done a few more little plates and rivets.

in the last moment i decided to connect the skorchatube to the top of the tank and not as i first thought at the back.

finally i have a good use for this funny and disturbing turn-up lid of the exhaust from the new trukk kit.

6-wartrakk-2-tube.jpg

i think this is finished.

any suggestions or critic before priming?

especially about the gunner?

btw. zog: thats chimera/basilisk tracks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 6_wartrakk__2_tube.jpg
  • 6_wartrakk__2_gunner.jpg