Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathskullz Brigade 1850

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts
  • Army Name:da Conboyz
First time I post a list here.

This army shall be played on an upcoming private tournament next month.

There will be 4 Missions played:
3 Missions will be simple eternal war objective missions;
1 will be a modified Kill-point mission (victory points awarded for destroyed point values instead of destroyed units).
Secondaries are in effect (Linebreaker etc.)

da Plan:
Trukk and Deffrolla-Battlewagon rush forward and try to get into melee asap, hopefully in round 2.
The Koptas advance 20" to bring pressure to to the opponent. Hopefully they take enemy shooting off the Transports; they also shall screen the wagons from counter attacks.
The Biker Mek tries to protect as many of the attack force as possible with his KFF, using the stratagem if needed.

The shooty Battlewagon stays in 2nd line, passengers staying inside, everyone blasting away.

The small troops capture objectives.

The Deff Dreads deep strike via Tellyport-Stratagem in round two and try to attack heavy targets.

da List: Deathskulls Brigade

3 single Deffkoptas

Battlewagon, Deff Rolla, Grot rigger, 'ard Case
- Warboss: Attack Squig, Kombi-skorcha, Da Killa Klaw, Brutal but Kunning
4 Meganobz, double Killsaws each
- 11 Choppa Boyz, PK-Nob

Trukk, Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball, Stikkbomb Chukka
- 11 Choppa Boyz, BC-Nob
- Mek, KMS

Biker Mek, KFF, KMB (Index)

Battlewagon, Kannon, 4 x Big shoota, Grot rigger
- Big Mek: KFF, KMB (Index)
- 9 Tankbustas
- 10 Shoota Boyz, Nob

10 Shoota Boyz
2 x 10 Gretchin

3 Deff Dreads, 2 x Klaw, 1 x Saw, 1 x KMB each

WAAAAGHHH!!!!
What do ya fink ??

I think I will throw in a proppa Trukk-a-tini. Please serve it shaken, not stunned !

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Give the deff koptas kmb's.

Give the deff dreads two kmbs.  (run 1 klaw, 1 saw, 2 kmbs).  No reason to take 2 klaws.  The 1st klaw gives you 3A with it, the second only gives you +1A.  I find two kmb's seems to be the magic number with deathskulls deff dreads.  Plus that saves you 18 points.  Note, 3 deff dreads is hard to teleport.  Consider walking them instead.  They do the most damage shooting.

Drop the kannon off the battlewagon.  Give it a deff rolla.  (kannon can't shoot when the battle wagon advances).  If you want a str 8 weapon, give it a rokkit instead.  Deff rolla makes people think twice about charging it. 

Drop the kombiskorcha off the warboss.  Give him a rokkit.  (trying to max your death skulls rolls here).  

Don't need to give all the mega nobz kill saws...remember death skulls! (PK rerolls damage!).  Also give that meganob a kombirokkit.  Run open topped on that wagon to shoot out of.  

Give rokkits to all the pk nobz.  (once again, death skulls)

KFF's are ok, you don't really need them as death skulls. I've dropped them from my lists.

Drop the 10 shoota boyz and replace with grots.

Use saved points for...

Mek with KMB to throw in a wagon (extra lascannon shots don't hurt).

or

Some smash guns for backfield ranged support.

or just giving rokkits to all the things I said to give rokkits too :)  [including trukks!]

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Thanks for your feedback !

Most of the models are built/converted as they are - Meganobz, Warboss, Koptas (2 rokkits, 1 BS). I won't re-convert them now. I'll add a Meganob with PK/ranged weapon to my collection, just for exploiting the Deffskullz-Bonus.

Kannon on shooty Wagon is ok, as it it supposed to add Dakka and shelter the Tankbustas. No need to advance.

Interesting point on the deep-striking Dreads. I haven't played a game with the new codex yet, so I have no experience with our new tellyport-toy.

Originally I wanted to kit them out pure melee - the KMB is just a tribute to Deathskullz. Fire and forget, go rampage in the opponents gunline, prevent their tanks from shooting my Wagons, Bosses and Smash-Boss. Hmm...they can spread out up to 6" from another when striking in, so they should find targets to charge...I hope.

btw I have the old metal "dreadsock"-Dreads. Their configuration matched former codices. They look best with two big arms, which are the Dreadklaws for me. So I am set with two Klaws ;-) I have added sentinel-saws as dreadsaws. Biger arms=biger weapons, smaller arms = smaller weapons...

I will see if i can "deffskull it up" a little further. Thanks for you input, greggles !

I think I will throw in a proppa Trukk-a-tini. Please serve it shaken, not stunned !

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

You can call klaws saws, nobody cares :).

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Hmm...you got me thinking...The arms on the old Dreads are one klaw and one saw...so that would be a possible configuration: 1 x Klaw, 1 x Saw, 2 x KMB. I'll chew on this...and on how to kitbash those 6 KMB :-)

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

That gives you 3 Str 10, -3 ap, 3 damage attacks, 1 str 9, -2, 2 damage attack, and the double KMB tap at range.  We tried 3 kmb's, it wasn't as good for some reason. (but still works if points are tight)

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Note, 3 deff dreads is hard to teleport.

Hmm, I suppose because of limited space...not all three of them can be placed within 9" ?

I can see three ways to deal with it:

1.) reduce Dreads-unit to 2 models. With the spare points, upgrade the Trukk to a Battlewagon with Deffrolla

2.) split the Dread unit into 2 units, one 2 model unit and one single model unit

3.) leave it as it is and hope to find a suitable drop site

What do you think ?

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

It's #1.  3x 60mm bases is hard to place so that all 3 dreads can reach CC.  On paper it sounds great, on the table its difficult.

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 274 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I only tellyport 2 dreds now. I use ramming speed strat to guarantee it reaches melee with the thing I have to kill. I go with 3 CC weapons though, I seem to need the extra attack too often.

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Thanks for all the input.

Right now I tend to keep the 3 Dreads, split them into 2 units and put both onto the tellyporta. Reason is, I haven't played Dreads for a long time now and I would really LOVE to play all three of them.

Using only two Dreads and upgrading the trukk to a DR-BW is cool, too, because I also love to play Battlewagons. I have 5 kustom built wagons, and they are the natural "trademark" of my "Conboyz" with their leader "Rubbork Dakk". Perhaps I switch to this variant in the last minute, who knows. 

But right now I prepare for the 2+1-Dread-list, with 2 KMBs on each.

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

A few days have passed, the list has grown:-) 

In the end I found a solution that allows for 3 Dreads and 3 Deff-Rolla-Battlewagons (I just can't seem to go without my big convoi...). Also my tendency to design melee list broke through...

With 15 CP, I am absolutely ok with tellyporting in two units of Dreads.

I am undecided if I should go with 5 or 10 Kommandos, and in the case of 5, what to do with the spare points. 

da List: Deathskulls Brigade

3 single Deffkoptas
- 2 x Rokkits, 1 x Big Shootas

Battlewagon, Deff Rolla, Grot rigger, 'ard Case, Killkannon
Warboss: Attack Squig, Kombi-skorcha, Da Killa Klaw, Brutal but Kunning
- Big Mek, KFF, KMB, Grot Oiler (Index)
Mek, KMS
4 Meganobz, double Killsaws each

10 Choppa Boyz, PK-Nob
- 10 Shoota Boyz, BC-Nob

10 Choppa Boyz, PK-Nob
10 Shoota Boyz, C-Nob

Biker Mek, KFF, KMB (Index)

2 x 10 Gretchin

2 Deff Dreads, 1 x Klaw, 1 x Saw, 2 x KMB each
1 Deff Dread1, 1 x Klaw, 1 x Saw, 2 x KMB
5 or 10 Kommandos, PK-Nob

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 274 posts

how many points/ PL is this brigade? I like the list, looks nasty.

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

1847 points, Powerlevel 92, CP: 15

(with 10 Kommandos)

- wondering if I should spend 1 CP for Fixer Upperz on the normal Big Mek

- wondering if I should reduce Kommandos from 10 to 5, and buy X? instead

***************  3 HQ *************** 
Warboss [WARLORD], Attack squig, Kombi-weapon with skorcha, Da Killa Klaw + Warlordtrait: Brutal but Kunnin
Big Mek, Grot oiler, Kustom force field, Kustom mega-blasta INDEX
Big Mek on Warbike, Kustom force field, Kustom mega-blasta INDEX

***************  6 Troops *************** 
10 Gretchin
10 Gretchin
10 Boyz, 9 x Choppa & Slugga, 1 x Tankbusta-bombs + Boss Nob, 1 x Power klaw, 1 x Slugga
10 Boyz, 9 x Choppa & Slugga, 1 x Tankbusta-bombs + Boss Nob, 1 x Power klaw, 1 x Slugga
10 Boyz, 9 x Shoota, 1 x Tankbusta-bombs + Boss Nob, 1 x Choppa, 1 x Slugga
10 Boyz, 9 x Shoota, 1 x Tankbusta-bombs + Boss Nob, 1 x Big choppa, 1 x Slugga

***************  3 Elite *************** 
Mek, Kustom mega-slugga, Choppa
4 Meganobz, 4 x Two killsaws
10 Kommandos, Boss Nob PK

***************  3 Fast Attack*************** 
1 Deffkopta, 1 x Kopta rokkits
1 Deffkopta, 1 x Kopta rokkits
1 Deffkopta, 1 x Twin big shoota

***************  5 Heavy Support*************** 
Battlewagon, Killkannon, Deff rolla, 'Ard Case, Grot rigger
Battlewagon, Deff rolla, 'Ard Case, Grot rigger
Battlewagon, Deff rolla, 'Ard Case, Grot rigger
2x Deff Dread 2 x Kustom mega-blasta, 1 x Dread klaw, 1 x Dread saw each
1x Deff Dread 2 x Kustom mega-blasta, 1 x Dread klaw, 1 x Dread saw

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 274 posts

thx.

- wondering if I should reduce Kommandos from 10 to 5, and buy X? instead:

Add a warphead? You have no psychic protection at all. If you face panzee, they will have 2-3 casters. 

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

Give all the koptas KMB's.  As death skulls, you want as many KMB's in your list as possible.  It saves you some points as well! (actually enough points to probably take another kopta wtih kmb!)

Take 2x 5 kommandos.  They're obj sec (deathskulls). (so are the mega nobz, and the mek )

Give the mek a KMB (not a slugga)

Other things...

Nobs in the boyz mobs, give choppa instead of slugga.  They can PK + choppa now. Also if points, pop a rokkit on them.

Only other thing is possibly throwing the PK/komirokkit on the one mega nob (i know we already discussed, but putting it out there).

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Thanks again for all the input.

@Goreshrek

Warphead sounds good, but I can't squeeze it in without cutting HQ or HS options

@greggles

In terms of Index<-->Codex we handle it like this: Can take Index Datasheets that have not made it into the codex, but cannot mix datasheets. That means no KMB for my koptas and my mekboy.

PK+Choppa for the nobz sounds good, I'll see if I can convert some.

Splitting the Kommandos into 2x5 is a great idea.

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

Is that a TO restriction?  Because GW plainly allows it.  That's a shame if they don't allow the mixing! Mek's with KMB's are amazing...slugga ones still work though (they can fire out of the battle wagon in CC, lol.

But no kmb's on the deff koptas is a massive hit.  You need the 3 slots though, so I get that for sure.  (otherwise a shokk jump dragster is brutal with death skulls).

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Actually, I AM the co-TO :-)

We found it to be cherry-picking a bit too much. Now I must eat my own soup, as we say in German. Hehe. Nevermind. I am fine with it.

The dragster is very interesting, but I don't have any of the new buggies yet. 

I like my list a lot, have put the army on my side table to identify models that need some paint.

I am really looking forward playing it. It will be my first go with the new codex. Just hope the tons of re-rolls are not getting annyoing for my opponents...and for me.

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,107 posts

Best of luck!

Your opponents will be horribly annoyed.  Re-rolling damage rolls is absolutely brutal.  "Oh my tank survived"  Deathskulls reroll "Great, my tank died"

Just remember, orks have been pretty weak for a loooooong time (outside of a monobuild).  Enjoy! We've been providing tears for years.

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts

Yeah, I know.

In 5th and 6th edition I finished this annual tournament 1st place, 2nd and 2nd when attending with my orks (usually some kind of "Battlewagon-filled-with-elite-and-hack-away-lists"). Last year I took an Index army and finished 7th of 8, only better than a 14 year old newbie in our group...

We ask every player to bring a handout to the tournament, containing a summary of all used datasheets, for the convenience of the opponents. This is because we are all casual players who don't know too much about each others actual codex. 

I plan to bring a summary of all ork- and deathskullz rules, for I can just point at it when they start rolling with their eyes...

When you play deathskullz, do you tell EACH TIME you do a re-roll, or do you just proceed without comment ?