Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deffz 'Eadz project pics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
  • Army Name:Deffz Eadz

Hey all, I was hoping to use this space to put up pics of stuff I have done, ongoing projects, and step by steps of new ones in the works.  I have been very inspired by many of you on this board :)  Pictured below are some recent projects including a kitbashed nob with waaagh banner, slightly modified weirdboy kitbash, custom big/mek gunz, and a battlewagon as well.

E5854E02-FA7B-47F7-94B1-9635FDF62F6B_zpsE85FB5CB-CF6E-43F5-9B05-D8E1ABAEB306_zps2B00A374-3F45-48C3-A478-DD9711323AB7_zpsCF31FD73-BE30-4148-BA9D-E906A824A999_zps31992BF2-530D-435B-AFB9-D115D1C8A032_zps8836C147-DEF9-431D-A6D8-F94F41ABD927_zpsE48E7911-01C4-4E3E-A43D-1D9D60AFFC1D_zps09766BEE-A5DE-4E28-8E27-BFFDBA6A79F2_zps2D05537B-C19E-4CB8-AF6D-135E7F5AD103_zps751233C4-93D3-428F-8C65-C9E6B1C86118_zps

• warhead01, Orkimedez, jackdoud and 4 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,581 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Whites are a bit brighter than we're used to seeing but there's some very nice konversions and paintwork there  :thumbs Welcome to Da Waagh!

• Giganotosaurus and Deffz Ead like this

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

Thank you :) I have been playing with the bright white as it if was just a thick layer of white paint slapped on. 

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Like the conversion work. :love I'm a big fan of the dark & dirty look too. :thumbs Of course everything looks better in red, especially evil sunz scarlet, though rosso corsa :love is my personal favorite. I can see & understand the effect you are trying to create, but the areas you are painting are small when compared to the rest of the model. Depending on the color it is adjacent to, the same color will appear different. Even off-whites will look much brighter when matched up with darks & reds. Try starting with a darker base like one of the bone colors, and then ad a bright white wash or glaze. Great work! 

• Deffz Ead likes this

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

Like the conversion work. :love I'm a big fan of the dark & dirty look too. :thumbs Of course everything looks better in red, especially evil sunz scarlet, though rosso corsa :love is my personal favorite. I can see & understand the effect you are trying to create, but the areas you are painting are small when compared to the rest of the model. Depending on the color it is adjacent to, the same color will appear different. Even off-whites will look much brighter when matched up with darks & reds. Try starting with a darker base like one of the bone colors, and then ad a bright white wash or glaze. Great work! 

Thank you for the input.  I have been using Ulthuan Grey as the white, but will start trying to work with some washes on it, or start with ushabti bone, wash and highlight from there to a lighter color if needed.

Gitgrod

Gitgrod

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Genral Gitgrods Blitzbrigade

Love the warpaint.  Do agree with others about the white bitz, its a bit stark.  Maybe give rivets and such like a few rusty washes at least.

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I was actually going to compliment you on the white skull-like face markings. Surprised to see that others have an issue with that! Possibly you could dirty up the white patches on the vehicles, which won't have had a tub since Ghazghkull was a boy, but i wouldn't touch the face paint
"Parry the 6!"

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Captain Zero's Steampunk Orks
I also like your white as is, but to each their own. :)

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

Thank you all for the input.  I will add some washes and I agree, I like the facepaint as is :)  Stay tuned.

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 311 posts

This is good stuff!  I especially like those eyes on the deff dread, they're great!  Some nice blending used there!