Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with shooty list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts

I've always been under the impression that they don't take into account BS (or WS) for points values.  Just look at the costs of the Ork dreadnought against the beakie contemptor dreadnought.  They're pretty similar but the beakie dreadnought (with a decent gun) hits on a 2+ whilst the ork (with a less good gun) hits on a 5+

Also really hope they don't nerf the FW stuff to BS 5+, that made some of the things really appealing.

• Skumdreg likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 158 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Do dreadnoughts hit on a 2+? Mine in the index hits on a 3?

Repentless

Repentless

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts

I created my first ever 40K list this evening.

Feedback and suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Orks) [86 PL, 1674pts]

·         HQ [14 PL, 222pts]

o    Big Mek in MA [7 PL, 111pts]

o    Big Mek in MA [7 PL, 111pts]

·         Fast Attack [7 PL, 131pts]

o    Grot Mega-Tank [7 PL, 131pts]

3x Big Shoota [18pts], Shoota, 2x Twin Big Shoota [28pts]

·         Heavy Support [58 PL, 1173pts]

o    Big Trakk [9 PL, 177pts]

2x Big Shoota [12pts], Supa-Kannon [30pts]

o    Gorkanaut [19 PL, 364pts]

'Ere We Go!

2x Rokkit Launcha [24pts], Skorcha [17pts], 2x Twin Big Shoota [28pts]

o    Meka-Dread [12 PL, 258pts]

'Ere We Go!

Mega Charga, Rippa Klaw [35pts], Rippa Klaw [18pts]

o    Morkanaut [18 PL, 374pts]

'Ere We Go!

Kustom Force Field [20pts], Kustom Mega Kannon [23pts], Kustom Mega-blasta [9pts], 2x Rokkit Launcha [24pts], 2x Twin Big Shoota [28pts]

·         Flyer [7 PL, 148pts]

o    Dakkajet [7 PL, 148pts]

Airborne, Crash and Burn, Hard to Hit

6x Supa Shoota [60pts] Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Orks) [15 PL, 285pts]

·         Lord of War [15 PL, 285pts]

o    Kill Tank [15 PL, 285pts]

2x Big Shoota [12pts], Giga Shoota [38pts], Reinforced Ram [6pts], Twin Big Shoota [14pts]

• AnthonyS likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 868 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
You can make great shooting armies in 40k but you'll really want to include a couple blobs of shoota boyz to round it out.

Flashgitz are terrific, I'd make sure to maximize them.

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust
Also really hope they don't nerf the FW stuff to BS 5+, that made some of the things really appealing.

I think FW is supposed to be positioned as "options" not must take or appealing choices.  They should be balanced along side the codex, not better then.  Otherwise its a type of pay to win.  Want to shoot better? Just pay 250 dollars for this FW model! woooo

GW now has seminars at the bigger conventions (Adepticon, Nova, LVO probably).  They talk about upcoming releases, changes, and also take questions, then usually have a demo of a new product (necromunda at nova).

They also have other types of seminars (gaming, painting with duncan) as well.

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 868 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
There are orks that have a 4+ bs. Right now the issue is that they hamstring many ork options by not giving them enough shots to overcome he 5+.
  • greggles likes this

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 95 posts

Otherwise its a type of pay to win.  Want to shoot better? Just pay 250 dollars for this FW model! woooo

That was literally the reason i was going to buy a meka-dread.  best hold off until the rules update.

I've asked the rules boys how much it would cost to make orks BS 4+.  Have not yet had a reply; thought i might do a kick-starter for it.