Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Nov 16)

* * * * * 1 votes Kult of Speed Speed Freaks Conversion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 617 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I missed this the first time, but i love love that reposed axe hand! It's one of those things that appear so obvious now that I've seen it done and yet I'm sure I've never seen anyone else do it before.
  • brettfp likes this
"Parry the 6!"

brettfp

brettfp

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed

Quick update:

Finished the paintjob on the second buggy

0o33kbB.jpg

Just have the driver and gunner left. for the record the canopy isn't glued on yet so I can get the driver in. :)

I've almost finished Tony Stork, might be done by tomorrow. will have pics up soon-ish

Those Stormboyz looking awesome. Love the conversions and theme behind your army. Keep the updates coming. I do appreciate it.

Thanks, I have been a bit busy recently, but am getting back into more regular updates :)

I missed this the first time, but i love love that reposed axe hand! It's one of those things that appear so obvious now that I've seen it done and yet I'm sure I've never seen anyone else do it before.

Thanks, yeah the arm is just the stikkbomb arm with a choppa hand stuck on it. I was pretty happy with that one. I can't remember what his left arm is, I think it might be form a shoota as it goes across his torso a bit. :)

• Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,746 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Doing a really nice job of varying up the motors - most proppa :thumbs

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

May I introduce..."Tony Stork: Da Iron Nob"

gQzZs2N.jpg

Really happy with him. getting the smoke trails to line up was a bit of a pain. I feel like it comes across pretty well what he's supposed to be.

I also bought some burnas and made a start

2mqhetL.jpg

The first one is just stock standard, the second one has has a bigger fuel pack and the last one is a head/leg swap. I've found it's hard to do too much converting with the burnas, because of the way they are built. 

I also built a spanner

o36wPxr.jpg

I feel like his one eye kinda makes him look a bit squig-y

As always, C&C much appreciated :)

Doing a really nice job of varying up the motors - most proppa :thumbs

Thanks, I feel they should be pretty varied, seeing as they are made from scrap and whatever the Mek can find. they shouldn't look like they came off a production line. 

• Orkimedez, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Arueda333

Arueda333

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
I am loving that Iron Man Ork. It fits perfect with your army. This inspires me to do a Hulk Ork. Keep up the awesome work.
  • brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Finished my stormboyz finally! :)

R2IB4nt.jpg

fiPDH6u.jpg

mhu4vnN.jpg

These guys were really fun to paint, I'm really happy with the dynamic poses I managed.

Here's a shot of the squad

xIIvQJl.jpg

As always, C&C welcome :)

I am loving that Iron Man Ork. It fits perfect with your army. This inspires me to do a Hulk Ork. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks, Hulk ork sounds pretty cool :)

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 617 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I seriously wasn't feeling that Iron Ork when you posted the WIP.  A bit of paint really showed me what I was missing.  Excellent work.  Is this the whole unit though?  5 doesn't seem like it would get too far in a combat.

As for Hulk ork, Redwax posted a Snakebite/feral ork Warboss using an AOS Boss whose lower half just screams to have purple trousers on him.  I could hardly stop thinking "Hulk" when I saw the unpainted WIP.

• brettfp likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Arueda333

Arueda333

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
I am actually looking at a GTStuidos Ork Warload for the bases of my new Hulk Ork Idea. Thank you both for the encouragement. Yet again that unit looks awesome and the Iron Man Ork fits right in too.
  • brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Finally finished my second buggy: 'Skull Squisha'

IM8ZhiW.jpg

Not much to say really, It was a bit of a pain getting the gunner securely attached. But i'm happy with how it turned out, all hot rod-y :)

I've finished building my Big Mek

UxP9Urb.jpg

He's mostly made from Nob, his head is from the burnas kit and the KFF is mostly made deffgun bits. I'm really happy with his pose and level of detail. still need to think of a name for him. Any suggestions?

On the subject of meks, I decided to change up my spanner a bit (annoyingly after I'd already started painting) I pulled his backpack off and am gonna replace it with a killsaw I built strapped to his back.

1kJJCqF.jpg

Finished the last burna too.

PiH2Y23.jpg

He's holding some piece of weird tech he's found, maybe the Big Mek will appreciate it?

As always, C&C most welcome

I seriously wasn't feeling that Iron Ork when you posted the WIP.  A bit of paint really showed me what I was missing.  Excellent work.  Is this the whole unit though?  5 doesn't seem like it would get too far in a combat.

Thanks, glad you've come around. I'll probably be adding more to the unit at some point. My army is more aesthetic than competitive, but yeah, they die pretty quick with just 5 of them.

I am actually looking at a GTStuidos Ork Warload for the bases of my new Hulk Ork Idea. Thank you both for the encouragement. Yet again that unit looks awesome and the Iron Man Ork fits right in too.

Thanks, I'm always up for encouraging conversions :D

• Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

kreell

kreell

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Nice job on your KFF!

love the way you put the bitz

How do you made the smoke trail for your stormboyz?

want to make something similar for mines :biggrin

nicely done

• brettfp likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kult of Speed, Speed Freaks, Conversion