Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Garslag, BurnaBuzz has got its' back door on it now, rokkits are getting there and it'll be getting a few more flames and checks round the muzzle of the gun - probably not enuff to gain your approval but for what it's worth

IMG_2202.jpg

Now where's the pix of Wazdakka?

Oh, all right then

IMG_2206.jpg

Still about one lurch forward - two back, but progress is progressing as bits I don't like are being removed, new ideas that I might like are being dreamt up, and it might as well be right as rushed.

PS - Deff Dredd arms are proppa - looked way too weedy as stock :biggrin

• warhead01 and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Noticed that it's me thredds' birthday so I thought I ought to do a photo of wot I've managed in a year :sowhat

IMG_2218.jpg

Sooo - 2 DeffSkulz WaaaghBanna nobz, 10 DS Nobz, 1 DS Gorkanaut, 7 BloodAxe burnaboyz, 11 EvilSunz burnaboyz, 2 ES buggies, 1 ES bikerwarboss, 4 ES bikers, 1 ES biker bigmek with KFF, 1 ES trukk, 2 BloodAxe nobz (one with WaaaghBanna), 9 BloodAxe kommandos with 3 grots and may have noticed that I've included my deff dredd (55 models - or just over one a week :blush )

IMG_2211.jpg

I don't think I'll get that one much better but (thanks to being the only one to actually complete a KillSkwod in time :biggrin ) 4tonmantis has sent me another one to have a go at and I'll be seeing what I can come up with for that one :cheers

• warhead01, kreell, Big Mekboy Chumba and 1 other like this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I've missed looking at your work by not being around much. Amazing stuff as always. Your Biker boss is so large it looks like hit bike was made from a trukk. Brilliant!  

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Cheers Warhead, I've bought about four of them trukks so far and had hours of fun seeing wot I can do with 'em - really impressed with the kit (them noo buggies have got a hard act to follow :lol ).

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

I love the trukk kit! Being a Mek in the army I've been under loads of trucks so seeing all the transmission parts and all that is just so cool!  

I don't seem to have the know wots for scratch building vehicles, Wish I did, I want to build a Kill tank! I used to be able to build all kinds of things I have no idea what's happened to me.  I'm trying to bash a Buggy together right now and you KFF on trike was similar to what I was thinking, a gunners nest up above the buggy. And a bit forward because it's going to have a schorcha!  I'm going to loot a bunch of you designs.... 

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Good luck with it :thumbs Even the old buggy had various options if you were willing to mess about with the bits enough but the trukk's great - the cranked axles mean that you can put them upside-down to lower the chassis, point the front axle forwards and rear axles back to extend the wheelbase (or vice-versa), use the foward or back axle mounts at the rear of the chassis to vary the wheelbase a bit more, there's loads of spare panels to fit where you want, dakkajet front airscoops make for good engine covers if you want to use the engines for something else. Just throw the instructions away, cut all the bits off the sprues and mess around with them 'til you find something you like the looks of :D

• warhead01 likes this

kreell

kreell

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 127 posts

[...] Just throw the instructions away, cut all the bits off the sprues and mess around with them 'til you find something you like the looks of :D

ahah, that's a proppa ES talk!

nice stuff you got there over a year

luv the old touch of the 2 buggies

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,016 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
The buggies are brilliant! And will fit right in with the new buggies when they finally arrive. I love em.
Have you taken the boyz in the trukk off their bases to pack them in that tight? I guess that's pretty much what an ork trukk would really look like.
As for the dredd, the double cylinders are the bizness, and you seem to have basically mastered pigments. Job's a good un!
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Cheers Guys, can't praise that trukk kit enough for versatility :thumbs (pigments aren't quite behaving for me though >: )

Have you taken the boyz in the trukk off their bases to pack them in that tight? I guess that's pretty much what an ork trukk would really look like.

Nah, the wheeltrack of the trukk was widened a bit (Milliput behind the roadwheels) and the trukk bed was biggened (with some spare bits of flat plating that came with one or more of the kits) to make enough room for them anyway - the pik below should show that the bases aren't really a consideration with that much overhang :lol

IMG_2220.jpg

Got to start work on me loot that 4tonmantis sent me for winning his KillTeam comp :cheers

IMG_2221.jpg

Early days yet but it shouldn't look too much like the other one when it's finished :?

• Giganotosaurus likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

I keep forgetting to ask, what color are you using for their eyes?  It's amazing! everything's dark but those eyes in a lot of your pictures. So cool!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

I keep forgetting to ask, what color are you using for their eyes?  It's amazing! everything's dark but those eyes in a lot of your pictures. So cool!

Cheers Warhead, the eyeball poppin' paint is 'Royal & Langnickel PNTF-162 Fluorescent Orange Red', I bought it years ago but it came in a 2 floz/150ml pot and at a couple of dots with a 000 paintbrush per model I haven't run out yet :lol

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

Cheers Warhead, the eyeball poppin' paint is 'Royal & Langnickel PNTF-162 Fluorescent Orange Red', I bought it years ago but it came in a 2 floz/150ml pot and at a couple of dots with a 000 paintbrush per model I haven't run out yet :lol

I found it on Ebay !  
how does it look in person? More Orange or more red?  And do you put this over white? or over red?  

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Sound :thumbs

It's a lot more red than orange (I assume that they make a darker red one as well so this one's orange-er :? ) and I put it on over white then paint a black pinline aroud the outside of it (usually paint the face skintone first and then repair it where needs be after the eyes are done). Don't know how long I've had it now, ten years or so is a definite possibility but it's not showing any signs of separating or drying out yet :biggrin

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

I'm sold on it now!  It might be just what my boys need to put them over the edge! Thank you.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Excellent, hope it does :thumbs

Got a bit more done on my Lootydredd, should look enough different to Orkydredd by the time it's finished

IMG_2233.jpg

Noticed that there were a couple of little arms that I wasn't going to be using, thought they looked a bit like kan arms, which reminded me that I'd bought some of them years ago, so I had a rummage and found this lot

IMG_2225.jpg

Guess I may as well build 'em up then :rolleyes

• armored walker, kreell and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Cobbled up the first five ov 'em and given 'em a basic bloo-coat primer 

IMG_2237.jpg

The back right one is mostly one of the 'new' kans, front right is an RT kinder egg kan, middle back is bodged around the spare section that came with the RT kan to turn it into a dredd with the other krabklaw attached, front left is a 3rd ed(?) kan and back left is one that I think was going to be a dredd but it's just about small enuff for a kan - used the trukk wrekkin ball as a CCW coz the other 'kan' I was working on is too big so I guess it'll have to be another dredd. Given them all KMBs coz I've got a load of 'em and at least grots are 3x as likely to hit the enemy as they are to hit themselves, checked the Index and read all the small print - one bad leadership test could wipe out the entire unit on a single dice roll :eek  and you're actually expected to pay points for these if you want to include them in your army :lol

• Nefairius, Wingnutz and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

'The History of Kans, Volume 1'; by Professor Badfang. Wow!, old, older, and oldest, all in one shot. I like the mix of old school Kans/Dredds, new(er) pieces, and your scratch building. Ooozetoof will be happy to add them to his horde.  :yes I see the 'Big Red Thing' was not included in the impressive photo of "wot you've managed in a year", so I conclude that it is not quite finished (more paint?). The flames & checks really set the vehicle apart. :thumbs  :thumbs  Orkydredd's paint turned out great! I still have to finish the paint on my reverse dredd.  :blush  I like the look of the reverse dredd enough to consider building all of mine that way. Do the cc arms on Lootydredd articulate side to side?  :?  

P.S. "one bad leadership test could wipe out the entire unit on a single dice roll  :eek " Since you have your own sizeable walker mob now, your's and greggles' could run into each other, fail your respective dice rolls, leaving Smoggy with the table to himself. "Oi! wherez da little zoggers off to now?"  :lol

P.P.S. "and you're actually expected to pay points for these if you want to include them in your army  :lol " Beggars belief. No, wait!, this is GW. I take that back.

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Cheers Giga - yeah, da big red fing still ain't off the workbench >:

Do the cc arms on Lootydredd articulate side to side?  :?  

Sorry the answer's a bit late - short answer is yes-ish, got more movement than standard but less than I was hoping for

IMG_2247.jpg

Barry next to it is the accidental dredd, the lid is as high as Lootydredds' and it's significantly bigger than the kans - think I's going to have to lift the vision slit and hatch a bit and mount the weapons overarm or summit.

Other kans are about done now, bit more tidying up to do but they're tabletop or thereabouts

IMG_2244.jpg

Think I've just about got Wazzys' shoulder boards something like now

IMG_2250.jpg

The red arrow and the yellow flames on his right shoulder board look a bit odd (coz fluorescents) but I'm reasonably happy with both boards now so I can start looking at the rest of it :biggrin

• kreell and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,414 posts

Got a bit more done on lootydredd and woopsydredd

IMG_2253.jpg

Still need a bit more Milliput round them ('specially round woopsys' kan sized engine) but they're shaping up ok, means I've now got six dredds and only five kans, guess I'd better make some more kans then

IMG_2256.jpg

:biggrin

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,016 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Them Kans looks great.  I love the old kinder-kans; there wouldn't have been much you could have done there that wouldn't have been okay with me.  That said, I like the checks.  Lots of white goes well on Death Skulls, although it's not often seen these days - I've copied that from you on my Kill Team. 

Looks like you had the same idea as me with that middle kan - is he made from a Stompa turret? 

Oh, and I love the Wall-E eyes on the front right! :lol  I really like his olden-days plasma cannon (?) too.

Whoopsydread looks a bit skinny, but I'm sure that's only because the new dreads are so zogging enormous.  If you were to photograph him alongside the 2nd or 3rd ed dread I'm quite sure he'd look right at home, possibly even tower over them.

LOVE Wazzy's armour.  Maybe this is what I should try and do for new Garslag, even though there's no way I'll be able to pull it off lol.  I guess we'll wait and see if any new bosses drop in the next few months before I get too excited about that idea.  I hate sculpting.

"Parry the 6!"