Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH GorGak! (returns for 8th edition.)

- - - - - Painting Pictures WAAAGH GorGak! Squanch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Hello again!

I lost a lot of steam at the end of 7th edition. My last real update was probably something announcing that I still yet lived!

Or maybe pictures from a battle report back around the first of the year. 
Either way, I'm super excited for 8th edition. I have my hard copy of the rules and all the other book on digits....until the book with the Orks in it comes in at the shop.  I ordered just behind a load of others and I think the Sunday prior to the release. But it's been ordered.

As some of you may know the B&C opened up a forum for the Xenos armies. I've already launched a thread there. It's a guilty pleasure to openly post about Orks on the B&C. 

Now, where were we? 
Picture time!

Final GorGak? 

0628171928a.jpg

It's his WAAAGH! so he's the first picture.

Deff Boss! Now with Big Choppa.

(New weapons combo. )

0627171034a.jpg

WAAAAGH Banner Nob.

0628171929b.jpg

WIP Deff Kopts with Kustom Mega Blaster! 1 of 3.

0628171930a.jpg

Mek with Kill Saw.

0629171014a.jpg

And a link to a few more pictures on the blog. ( Just a few more of the Mek.)

More Mayhem to come! 

• Redtoof, Gitgrod, skarnir and 1 other like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

I made one more Old Burna boy into another Kill Saw Mek. 
I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them. But the look cool.

I have some posed the other way. But I'm not sure yet if they'll work for this "conversion' or not.

gallery_3442_13347_141166.jpg

I linked this from the B&C. Let me know if the picture doesn't show.

Thanks for looking!

• Beingmad and Gitgrod like this

Gitgrod

Gitgrod

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Genral Gitgrods Blitzbrigade

That second killsaw mek looks almost like he's painted a Khorne rune on his helmet.  Sawing all those gitz up Must've had an effect.  BLUD FOR DA BLUD GORK!

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

I nearly went that route.  

I'm kinda going the old 2nd edition look, where Goffs use a lot of red, not just black. I remember Khorne Orks back then. 

• Gitgrod likes this

Gitgrod

Gitgrod

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Genral Gitgrods Blitzbrigade

Yep, the old Freebooterz stormboyz of Khorne.  What a book of Orky goodness that was. 

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

Fancy new Attack Squig for GorGak! 
Beach ball of Doom!

gallery_3442_13347_164027.jpg 

gallery_3442_13347_800.jpg

Yep....I'm still alive!

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

I'm working on a lot of Gun Krews. 60 little grot gunners...    So many......   7 skin base coats to go. 

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

I've hit a early stopping point on the Krews they're not finished yet but I've set them aside.

My group has had a little infighting over the last week but I think some good has come from that. I went up to play last Saturday and arrived an hour behind schedule I nearly called off but I really wanted to go so I figured the drive was worth it.  And after arriving we didn't get started for about another hour. 
It was a really good time. Just Madness! We discussed our mutual friend and the problems, we'd initially planed to play at his home but he became angry about the armies that were going to be used and canceled everything. He and I had talked about this kind of thing before so I attempted to clear the air about that topic. We'll see. the jist of it is that He, and I for the most part, agree that 40K armies are not balanced with 30K very well at all. I explained that as best as I could. Our 30K group is fairly small and aside from the one of us we've not put forth the effort to finish out armies or even build lists we where we can proxy in extra models, that kinda thing. But it sounds like we've all decided we want to get to grips with this 30K project and get our armies playable. We all still want to play with out "angry" friend. (I'm just using the term angry to relate which friend in the context of my story...but he can get angry....  lol.) 

So things may finally be coming together on all of that. Which is nice.

The 40K game was Madness a 4 turn, 4 player free for all!  which the Orks "easily" won. haha.  Truthfully the Orks nearly crushed the scores of all three of the other players but I was not keeping score and just on a rampage. We all had a really good time. 

I'm thinking I'd like more Kannons.  I have three but I kinda wish I had more. maybe 6, 12 or 18 of them.  I have no idea if I'll be able to do that. 
Today I've started to paint 4 KMB's for either my Deff Dreads or Killa Kans. or, maybe for future killa Kans. I have parts set aside to adapt these to my old Metal Killa Kans. but I've not put the time into getting that done.  It'd be cheaper than buying more killa Kans so I'll likely do that.

I've painted another Attack Squig(Pictures later) and am working on another one! 
I'm kinda just doing a bunch of small projects for fun right now. 
Picture in a few days!

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

wip Grots mob!

0806170750%255B1%255D.jpg

The better part of 30 grots I've been working on. Have to Dot the eye's and give them some kind of a swash still. I'm waiting to base them as I plan to rebase the entire collection. I have 10 more of this sculpt and though I had another 10 on the sprue but can't find those. though I might have more of these but haven't found them. for some reason I recall having 120 grots. but so far I'm not really sure that's correct. 

I may have found more Kannons to buy maybe. We'll see how that goes. I'm opting to add 3 more to bring my total up to 6. That seems reasonable.

I my have new AoS models to paint in a few weeks I'm watching an auction now. I'd love to win it but we'll see.

I've been working on small projects for a while now and it's getting things accomplished so I expect to do more of that. 
Having a game on Thursday with my usual Scrumgrod, he's on vacation for a few days over his Birthday so I may have to get him something. Probably something power armoured.  

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 818 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

sweet! nice to see the army getting ready for the new edition! maybe i'll share what i've been up to as well -8th edition has got me hyped :D

• warhead01 likes this

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 358 posts
I saw your posts over on BaC, inspirational stuff. I always have enjoyed your painting style, it works great on your conversions. Looking forward to seeing the mek gunz
  • warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 987 posts

Thanks to the both of you! 

After having it "easy" WAAAAGH GorGak has encountered the fish'ead. Beware the fishead's. 
Looks like I need to ramp up the power in my lists a bit to have a better fighting chance against them. Beakies are easy fishead's not so much. 

After the game I spent some store credit I have been saving up and brought home Boss Snikrot  and the makings of another Weirdboy.
Small projects has been good for me, getting a little bit done here and there. I Still have to get pictures. Shooting for the end of this month.

I'll also have some new AoS Bonesplitters painted by then. The tribe is nearly finished. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Painting, Pictures, WAAAGH GorGak!, Squanch