Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My some what competitive dread mob

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
I will run this list hopefully in may in my country's (Latvia)most competitive turnament any advice is welcome but i want to keep it some what a meky. I can only bring one forgeworld model per detachment.
Im running it as two spearheads but nothing is final so tear it apart if you want.

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (Orks) [110 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon [11 PL, 161pts]

Flash Gitz [13 PL, 294pts]: 6x Ammo Runt, 9x Flash Git, Kaptin

Gorkanaut [19 PL, 356pts]: 2x Rokkit Launcha, Skorcha, 2x Twin Big Shoota

Mek Gunz [7 PL, 126pts]
. Gun: 5x Grot Gunner, Kustom Mega Kannon

Mek Gunz [7 PL, 126pts]

Meka-Dread [12 PL, 258pts]: Big Zzappa, Mega Charga, Rippa Klaw, Rokkit-Bomms [RAW PROBLEMATIC]

+ Troops +

Boyz [5 PL, 60pts]: 10x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

+ HQ +

Big Mek on Bike [6 PL, 101pts]: Choppa, Kustom Force Field

++ Total: [110 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

My tactic right now is too het the mekadred in their face turn one and hopefully charge it so eaven ifvi don't get the charge they will be very busy turn one and hopefully they will be too busy to shut everything else my mek gunz will keep deap strikeing units out of my deployment the boyz will just hide and sit on objectives that's all there fore my gorkanawts will do most of the killing in this list eaven though i love my megadread it just doesn't do as much damage in combat ots there to take out one really important thing and then get shot of the table but they will be to busy with that turn one and they won't have time to deal with the gorkanawt how will charge by turn two.

Thanks for the advise in advance
Da nob

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Btw is there any way i can change my name i ment to write da nob but i wrote da noob

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 195 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Just not like anything I have ever tried. Good luck.

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Is that a bad ting or a good one

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 195 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I don't think Ork walkers are very effective. There are lots of shooty things that are high strength with D6 damage, so you lose lots of wounds per shot. This is the main reason Orks tend to go horde/ lots of boyz, those extra damage wounds are wasted. I would think opponents would ignore the mekadred and blast the gorkanauts. 

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
Well then there us a s12 -4ap dmgD6 5 attacks if they kill one and ignore the other thry die if they kill the other and not the megadread they die turn 2 if they spread evenly they kill nothing and die

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,395 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull

Btw is there any way i can change my name i ment to write da nob but i wrote da noob

You might be able to hail a mod in the Dok's Surjury to give you a hand. I'd recommend sticking with what you have for the minute, they've been known to have a sense of humour and your particular mistake has... opportunity. ;) If you're a new kid on the block, noob isn't too bad a epithet. The nob formerly known as noob does have a ring to it. :P 

• PhillyT likes this

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,456 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

I will run this list hopefully in may in my country's (Latvia)most competitive turnament any advice is welcome but i want to keep it some what a meky. I can only bring one forgeworld model per detachment.
Im running it as two spearheads but nothing is final so tear it apart if you want.

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (Orks) [110 PL, 1999pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon [11 PL, 161pts]

Flash Gitz [13 PL, 294pts]: 6x Ammo Runt, 9x Flash Git, Kaptin

Mek Gunz [7 PL, 126pts]

Mek Gunz [7 PL, 126pts]

Meka-Dread [12 PL, 258pts]: Big Zzappa, Mega Charga, Rippa Klaw, Rokkit-Bomms [RAW PROBLEMATIC]

+ Troops +

+ HQ +

++ Total: [110 PL, 1999pts] ++

First, this isn't what I would call a dreadmob.  Second, it does have three of the best units in the army so that helps: 2 gorkanauts and flash gitz.

I would first max out those ammo runts.  You should put all 10 in there.  Its too important for those flashgitz to get their shots on target especially since they will be moving on that first turn and possibly second and so only hitting on a 5+.   You have good KFF coverage, which is essential to this army's survival.

The down side?  This army will get chewed to bitz by most armies and will most certainly struggle due to the VERY low unit count.  You can't put enough forward pressure on with only three walkers.  Enemy anti vehicle will focus on the gorkanauts while moving their own mobile elements to kill the biker meks.  Your only real response will be the flash gitz interdicting those elements by moving up and shooting.  The army will need to have great KFF rolls AND a lot of successful hits from those KMK shots.

I always look at these things from the perspective of my own army so here goes:

This army would do fine against my Khorne chaos beakie list.  I run a ton of bezerkers in rhinos.  The gorkanauts would make short work of them.  I don't bring a huge amount of anti armor along though as I consider how my addition of the new demons comes in, that changes the situation quite a lot.  I will now be running a 30 man unit of bloodletters with the ungraded banner giving them 3d6" charges which they reroll.  They will deepstrike in at 9" and multicharge pretty much everything they can reach, which will likely include the battlewagon a mek and as many other units as possible.  Following them out of the warp will be a blood thirster with the 4+ invulnerable and the 6+ FNP.  I will burn my last CP on the +1 ward save on the turn he is not in combat to prevent a missile weapon death.  The bezerker rhinos will tear across the field at 12" plus their run and charge turn 2.  If they do end up caught by the goranaut, the champions do get 7 S10 -3 AP d3 wound attacks each, so they might be able to wear the gork down.  It will, like I said, come down to a failed charge by the blood letters.  You don't really have the manpower or shooting to deal with the bloodletters if they get their charge off since they will probably deplete most of the units they hit then consolidate into some other units, forcing those units to fall back and lose their shooting.  You'd then need to turn a gorkanaut to try to deal with that issue all while three rhinos full of kharn and bezerkers storm forward.

Your army would do oaky against my Dark Angels I think.  I normally run 12 laser cannons and 4 plasma cannons, but I have had morkanauts soak up that in a turn.  The only issue you'd face would be if those saves don't go your way, you will suddenly be VERY much finished as there would be two turns of shooting to deal with before much can reach the line. 

Against my orks you MIGHT be okay.  It would come down to rolls.  Against my dredd mob list you'd probably do fine since those KMK would pummel my kans and Nauts.  I don't run any of either.  Against my speed freaks you'd have a hard time I think but it would be a great game.  I run 3 trukks and 3 wagons.  All are under KFF coverage.  The trukks would blitz your backfield while the wagons would try to slow those Gorkanauts down.  Two wagons have klaw nob units which will waste the meka dredd in a turn and will deal huge damage to the gorkanaut.  A gorkanaut will make short work of them if it gets the charge off though.  Hard to know which direction things would go there.  My infantry based ork list might cause you problems since you have so many points invested in antivehicle yet there aren't any vehicles there.  You'd likely do fine though.

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
but what do you think of the megadread dose it serve a purpose if they ignore it than they have a pretty good first turn charge coming up is it worth its points i know its not as good as the gorkanawt in combat but its just as resilient and its 100 pts cheaper plus you have a high chance to get a 1st turn charge.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,456 posts

Meka dredds are interesting.  I always put a KFF on mine.  You really can't get enough KFF coverage IMO.  I don't necessarily think it is a great tie up unit since it can only tie up one thing.  A good opponent isn't leaving anything important in range for it to charge.  You will likely need to hit a bubble wrap unit, which will probably fall back since the Meka doesn't ave the attacks to wipe a unit of infantry in one turn.  It then will be left exposed though the enemy will need to put a good amount of fire on it to kill it, leaving the gorks and wagon alone for that turn.

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
And the gorks can charge turn 2 so the megadread is a one time use hard hitting damage sponge. And turn 2-4they will be busy with the gorks so the kmk and flashgitz will be left alone 5turms at least

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,456 posts

At least one of the three walkers will be dead by the time it would have been able to charge.  So thats two hitting the enemy line.  Most likely the gorks will eat the majority of the enemy fire.  Your list still lacks a good way to deal with deepstrike and first turn charge situations.  For a 2000 list, it is really low on actual models on the table.  That could be a massive concern for some armies.  If an army can manage to take out the gorks, your army is done.  That is a tall order with their T, Wounds, and invulnerable save, but as a player of dual Nauts, it happens.

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
I usually deploy my mek gunz and boyz in a way were they can't deep stricke i got 40 grots and 20 boyz and thats enough.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,456 posts

You will get a turn, to wait for the deepstrikers to hit those models.  Its a question of what you feed them and how you will stop them from carrying through. Where are the grots? I only see flash gitz, the wagon, 2 units of orks, the meka dredd, and 2 gorkanauts as mobile elements then the mek guns in the back field.

da noob

da noob

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
The grots that operate the mek gunz

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,456 posts

Oh right.  The issue there is once they get tied up, the guns are dead.  I assume you will spread the gun across the widest area possible?