Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

back to my ork army : Gudruk's freebootaz

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts

hello, I finally show you the WIP of my first scratch build a death dred, for my futur big-Mek's waaagh then, let's go 1_dred1.jpg 2_dred4.jpg a part of the evolution of the arms, caus I forgot to make foto of the beginning^^ 3_arms.jpg the engine, it rest some electric thread to add 4_engine.jpg the base with legs 5_socket.jpg it look like that for the moment 6_dredfull_all.jpg then, i have to put details on the body, but i'm not sure about what I put on it... airings, glyphs, observance opening (not sure it's the rights words...), anything else?... and, do you think, the arms are a bit weedy? it's annoying me... if they are, I'm thinking to add some reinforced plate like that 7_reinforced_all.jpg comments and critics are welcome :)

Manik

Manik

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
  • Army Name:Les kr├óneurs
Interesting lil' stompa. For the arms maybe you should give him something like shoulder, but I dont think they're weedy. And Yes you should add glyphes and airing. :thumbs
Orkatitude
QUOTE (CannibalBob)
An ork does not think he is better than you, he knows it.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,582 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

then, i have to put details on the body, but i'm not sure about what I put on it... airings, glyphs, observance opening (not sure it's the rights words...), anything else?...

"Eye slit" is a bit easier to say if ya want. If you have any spare grots you could have one hanging off or on the base working on the dread as it walks. Those assault cannons came out great. very proppa. :dakka Some shoulder pads/ plates would realy make this thing dead 'ard. Theres also one problem for me, the feet seem much too thin. The concept is good but they need a couple of more layers.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
thanks

since you spoke about shoulder, more I think they're a bit light... I'm seeing what can i do for them
for the arm I wait a little, if someone have a comment
for the feet, i'm agree with you Zagursnik, but i make the error of yet glueing them on the base...
maybe i restart them or trash the base for recover them, I'll see

otherwise, I plan to put some cases on the base, but I havn't got grot in the good attitude

ps:

"Eye slit" is a bit easier to say if ya want.

thanks, I'll remember it for next time :)

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Great work. He looks cute, in an orky way. :thumbs I don't think the arms are too weedy, but some shoulderpads would look good. How about adding some vents or smokestacks to the body? Looking forward to seeing him finished. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Elaric

Elaric

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
Looks great, looted :thumbs
Footsloggers Win/Draw/Loss 4/1/4

How does an Ork deal with engineering problems? More Rivets!
How does an Ork make a vehicle faster? Paint it Red!
How does an Ork test for mines? Send in the Grotz!
How does an Ork Deal with interpersonal issues? Choppas!
How does an Ork deal with the loss of a comrade? Laughter!
[DavicusPrime on MWG]

My monthly threat progress can be found here.

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
Nice build! The only thing i don't like is how far the belly gatlings stick out. I would cut them by half.
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

orkhead

orkhead

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 169 posts
this is a well done model, that beings said does it look like it's wearing a hospital robe to any one else? i looked at the back shot and it's the first thing that poped in my head. :biggrin
WWAAAAGGGHHH!!!!!

grimor'piel'ierro

grimor'piel'ierro

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 92 posts
  • Army Name:Matasan0zZ
i like your idea but i think you must decorate the ground with people dead or... more :thumbs

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
thanks :) smokestacks are yet plan and done, but I'm waiting the end of detailing the body for gluing them, otherwise I'm sure to broke them during the rest of the work, huhu Sukz Da' Nob, I want some huge big shootas for this death dred, and I like the result :biggrin for the base, I don't want to put corpse on it. it's not the things I prefer. otherwise, I'm on glyphs and the bulking of the shoulders, upgrade in few days^^

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
lil' upgrade I have finished the details :) detail_all.jpg and if you want to see better, Eye slit and glyphs glyphs.jpg for the shoulders, if you see them enough on the pictures, what's your preference between the left and the right?

goblin3003

goblin3003

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Black Att Brigandz
hey this is great!! i think you could comfortable use this in games of epic as well. make sure to paint it up nicely! good work :thumbs

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Nice work on the glyphs, they look great. :thumbs I prefer the shoulder pad on our right - looks more Bad Moon and less ramshackle than the one on the left. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
hehe, Gaf-Naz, you see the sign of my waaagh's clan ^^ thank's for you're advice otherwise, I'm a non-epic player, but perhaps it's the good size :) and be reassured that I apply myself to the painting .

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,656 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
this actually would make a pretty decent epic model...though a tad large for a mega IMO. I'm almost thinking it's too big for a dred too... but I don't think anyone would fault you for the effort you've put into it... it's definetly a nice build. The only thing I would add is that in gaming terms the belly guns are going to cause questionable situations. My BW has a gun on the front that I always seem to find being discussed... as it is large and protrudes directly forward but is also technically part of the model... just something to consider...
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
I hope it's not too big for playing^^
I approximately looking for the size before the beginning of the build and thinking that's good.

it's more higher than the ork GW dred, for about 2 or 3 centimeters and wideless for about 1 centimeter at the bottom

here, some scale comparison between beakie dred and others fig's

Posted Image

Posted Image

my dred is nearly same sized as the wraith golgoth with his arms spread. isn't the good size for intimidate his ennemies ? :biggrin

and do you realy think, it existing some... hmm... quibbler... who don't want to consider this gatlings as simple big shootas?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,656 posts
I'm betting your dread is about the same height as my dread... which isn't really that big a deal since vehicles are supposed to be area 3 regardless... BUUUUUUT... the overall footprint of the model might be more of a concern.. personally... I like it... I assumed the guns were big shootas but I guess they could be KMBs or whatver else you wanna call them... my point was... you might want to shorten them as some people will charge the guns saying they're part of the vehicle or shoot the guns if they poke out... honestly... I was just trying to be generally helpful... (which is all I ever aim to do tbh).
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.

kreell

kreell

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
OK, 4tonmantis :)
I now understand what you want to say when you spoke about the high of this dred, and I confess that I havn't think at all about the sight-line (is it the good word? :blush ).
and I take your Say's as advice, not bad critics, it's alright for me :)
(but what the entire words for "tbh" ?)

and then, I reakon that sometime it's good to be on lower profile, hehe
but I don't care about this people, I'm a cool player, it's not bother me at all.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,656 posts
tbh is "to be honest"

grotnob

grotnob

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squig Ridahz
don't paint it yet! it's cool :thumbs but you should fix up the back it looks weird :puke