Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contemptor Dreadnought vs Morkanaut

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 419 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Kans are also not nearly tough enough and if they lose a model, they get murdered by a failed morale roll...

You have to baby sit with with warboss or nobz... waste of poonts there as well... Honestly I never tell my opponent about them having to take moral tests. XD
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,026 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Thats cold...

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

Morale isn't really much of a factor, but when a check is failed it just annihilates this unit.  They could have written Morale failure as sustaining additional Mortal Wounds, meaning it would remove whole models from 1 wound chum units (as desired/intended), but merely serve to "weaken the resolve" of tougher multiple wound units (as seems appropriate). At this point, they could tweak units instead to lose one wound rather than one model per point of failure. Better to address the core mechanic though.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 179 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Guys...we are talking about gretchings driving robots. For once, cowardice is reflected in the rules.

I understand and support that the kans are badly costed (just accounting the moral here should reduce their price). However, I think moral should be their weakest point.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,877 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
*Gretchin.

It's already plural. Come on people. Now, back to whatever crap you guys are talking about.
  • warhead01 likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 419 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I'm disappointed. I was expecting an essay.
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

There are times when verbosity is wasted Skumdreg.  Sometimes less is more.  :yes

• Blakkreaper likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,877 posts
I realise it could come across as nasty, especially as Orkimedes is likely speaking English as a second language, but it always triggers me. No least because this error is in this month's flippin' White Dwarf.

As for 40k and Dim essays, working on the last dozen I'll likely ever write. No longer worth the effort.
  • Skumdreg likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Gretchings - the new max copyright grots :?

• Blakkreaper likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,877 posts

Gretchings - the new max copyright grots :?

Don't start. ;)

• Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

I realise it could come across as nasty, especially as Orkimedes is likely speaking English as a second language, but it always triggers me. No least because this error is in this month's flippin' White Dwarf.

As for 40k and Dim essays, working on the last dozen I'll likely ever write. No longer worth the effort.

Was it ever worth to write essays? I thought the only language they speak is money.

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,877 posts

Was it ever worth to write essays? I thought the only language they speak is money.

Considering the effort they expend, depending on your view "caring now" or "pretending to care", I'd say at the very least those who openly criticised GW had a direct impact. It's amazing what some people will put up with if nobody says "something's wrong here". Criticism is important. I did my bit, maybe it helped. My goal was never to get through to GW. I never felt I should have to explain to a company charging money for every single thing they do to be told they should be doing it significantly better, to you know, maybe come close to matching the price they're selling it at. I never thought GW needed a bunch of free advisers to tell them where they went wrong, which is pretty ironic considering that's their primary mode of fixing things at this point. My opinion on the importance of criticism hasn't changed, I've just finally accepted the futility of it. GW makes shit games, charges a fortune for it, and people who just need an excuse to push expensive plastic around give them money. The cycle repeats.

I wrote essays because I used to care about this game. I don't anymore. It's pretty obvious that writing quality is going to remain the one thing GW wont hire the talent for. To be fair, the talent probably wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole, but then that's their fault anyway.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,128 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Regarding the Kans. the last few times I ran kans there were either solo's or units of 2. Haven't had any of them run off on me. I kinda like dreads better for the stats.  

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,877 posts
The main thing I don't understand with Kanz is the pricing of the Grotzooka. That thing is definitely overpriced for what it does.

(There we go, back on topic for you)

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,128 posts

I've never done a comparison of the points. Kanz do cost a bit too much I guess. Mine come in at a flat 60 points.  The ones I use the most. 

If the drop a little in points I'd be fine with that. 

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 179 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

I realise it could come across as nasty, especially as Orkimedes is likely speaking English as a second language

I stand corrected. Let's move on.
  • Dim_Reapa likes this

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

The main thing I don't understand with Kanz is the pricing of the Grotzooka. That thing is definitely overpriced for what it does.

Already covered in detail in post #19. ;)

Regarding the Kans. the last few times I ran kans there were either solo's or units of 2. Haven't had any of them run off on me.

Well of course not.  If its buddy is taken out, the second Kan of a 2-Kan unit will only run on a 6, unless some sort of Morale modification effect is affecting it.

Guys...we are talking about gretchings driving robots. For once, cowardice is reflected in the rules.

I understand and support that the kans are badly costed (just accounting the moral here should reduce their price). However, I think moral should be their weakest point.

Sure, but perhaps sticking a Gretchin in an armored shell of awesomeness would give them anything but a false sense of security? One would think that they just might be a bit more ballsy than a naked gretchin just walking about. Not many units with 60-ish point models that can lose one model per point failed on the Morale check have a Ld of 6. The core rules literally work against any unit with a high point cost and low Morale. The only way to really deal with fixing that is with a Morale boost, points decrease, or a special rule (if one does not want to alter the core rules). Orks in Deffdreads get a Ld bump. Why not Gretchin? I am of the opinion that ALL units in the Ork army should have Mob Rule, not just Orks, because Gretchin have a mob mentality too. For small units like Killa Kans, Mob Rule does nothing for them on their own, but if they are near another larger unit, that would embolden them (and rightly so).

• Blakkreaper likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,128 posts

Well of course not.  If its buddy is taken out, the second Kan of a 2-Kan unit will only run on a 6, unless some sort of Morale modification effect is affecting it.

Fair enough. I have 6 for my unit but never like the idea of fielding all of them in a single unit because of points and I did manage to put 4 r 5 of them in a single unit once but 3 of them were destroyed, of something like that. maybe it was 4 in the unit and 2 were destroyed. I can't remember. too many points to have so much die on turn one.  
Dreads have been slightly better depending on who i'm playing against. 

I've set my Orks aside for a while now and probable won't look at them for a few months. When we start getting codex rumors and leaks.  
I've had very little free time to play so fart his year. so I'm not up on my rules/stats/points ect.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

so fart his year

Priceless :lol

• warhead01 and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"...so fart his year." Orks will be Orks.  ;)

• warhead01 and Skumdreg like this