Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kontest Time - Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

Alright all, I've reviewed the entries. Before I name the winners, big thanks to everyone that came out and everyone looking on from the sidelines! Massive props to Kromlech as well.

We had some really great ideas and there was definitely some strong mekking on display here for this kontest.

In the end, only one mek really punched through all the way and not only delivered, but heavily customized his boyz.

Badfang Brassaxe, you are our Kill Team Kontest champ. You delivered ded 'ard gitz, decked out like weedy sneaky kommandos wiff a kunnin plan! You managed to get in some putty work, conversions, a paintjob, and produced a highly personalized 12 member team! You're going to be the proud owner of a dredd and we'll get you in touch with Kromlech for that voucher!

Hot on Badfang's heels, was a mek who I truly wanted to see come through with a full roster. Garr, you're going to take home a box of Grotz for you efforts and creativity. Had you finished and gotten up a good shot of your team, this whole thing could've gone differently!

Well lads, with the level of participation as it was, that was all for prize support. I can't say how happy I am to see people turning out for this though. Stay tuned. There's likely to be a kontest after I've settled my move. (likely Orktober).

Badfang and Garr, please PM me the mailing address you want your prize support delivered to! Thanks :) (remember I'm in the States so I need a full address for international)

• Lexington, DocNuK, Zagursnik and 3 others like this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,270 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers for organising the comp, bit sad that the board's taken such a hammering due to photobukkit ransoming the pix they were hosting but hopefully we'll get a bit more interest when the new kodex drops (and it doesn't suck). And ta for the decision - as you say, I was lucky that neither Garr nor Garslag got more of their teams completed :lol

• 4tonmantis and skarnir like this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Sadly with shifts at work and other commitments in real life i couldn't finish more boyz, but i'm happy with a box of grots (i lose grots at an incredible rate so i'm always happy to have more!) and it's probably more i deserve, lol.

Anyway, keep an eye out in my WIP thread if anyone is interested in seeing more Badmoonz.

PM sent.
  • 4tonmantis likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

I got both your PMs. It was a great pleasure to host this. I hope to draw more attention in the future but this isn't something that will happen fast and I accept that.

I'll get your prizes posted in the next few days. Going to try and just do it through Amazon if it'll let me ship there, if not, I'll have to hop down to the post office.

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garr like this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,589 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Its never fair when Badfang enters a contest. Once he gets to working with putty its all over :choppa 

Congrats :thumbs 

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,270 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Zag, biggest problem is deadlines, fortunately I was able to get these done a bit quicker than Smoggy ;)

Its never fair when Badfang enters a contest. Once he gets to working with putty its all over.....

.....the place :lol

• Zagursnik, Big Mekboy Chumba and Garslag like this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Alright ladz, the prizes were posted last week. The dust and smoke has settled. The excitement has died down.

I hope everyone had fun and even if you didn't participate, or those who did but weren't able to finish, please, see it through and share it here. It's great fun but it's also part of what keeps this forum going. Thanks everyone for showing up. I'll be scarce the next few weeks while moving. Then I hope to post regular army updates :)

• Lexington and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Prize received taking my grotz up to 60! My snakebite runtheards couldn't be happier!
  • 4tonmantis, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this