Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Green'unz thredd

* * * - - 1 votes BloodAxe Slapshootaz

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,686 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

No worries Mad Grot, I've just re-read the 'offending' post and there's nothing particularly negative about it - I think I mentioned in my red 'unz thredd that Milliput is such a low contrast medium that half the time even I've got to get the things in primer before I can see what I've got (so a very big thank you to everyone for putting up with the 2D versions :cheers ). As for the oils, 'going off' just means drying enough to risk trying to get a bit more acrylic paint over them.

Garslag, it's probably the case that orks have more different faces than any other 40k faction, but they also tend to have larger armies so quite a lot of duplication is pretty much inevitable. Talking of Brian Nelson, I found an old painboy

painmek_by_badfang-dbhvimg.jpg

Don't know if it is one of his but it's a fairly handy Barry to help illustrate why the new arms went on the mek so easily

basmek_by_badfang-dbhvjms.jpg

Think I did a reasonable job of matching the paint on the arms to the face.

Have to see if I can get some slightly more relevant 'threat' pikkies up later (tried to post this last night but photobukkit wasn't playing).

• Garslag likes this

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

You know, looking at those two models has made me really tempted to track down some classic metal figures on ebay. Still amazed by what you'd done with milliput, most of what I've read recommends greenstuff for those kinds of details yet the stickiness of greenstuff is what usually messes up my attempts. Do you have a direct preference for milliput over gs? Because the results are clearly working.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,686 posts

Cheers PointBlank, the old Space Ork Raiders and the other lead minis had loads of charm but for the most part were very limiting in what could be done with them - fine if you're happy with them as they come out of the box - you may have noticed that I prefer to muck about with them a bit.

For sculpting GS and Milliput seem to be much of a muchness - GS is probably more resilient due to its' slight elasticity, Milliput is closer to ceramic so I tend to use GS for structural reinforcement and Milliput for detail (but there's plenty of people on here who can manage detail just fine with GS) - I just prefer working with Milliput for the textures I can get with it

Incidentally, if you're talking about GS sticking to your fingers when using it, the simplest solution is to wash your hands after you've mixed it but before you start using it.

Done a bit more on my Wezzie too :biggrin

• Mad Grot Docsnik and chaoshead87 like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,686 posts

Just managed to sneak my build'n'paint threat in last night

OK, I was still putting paints away and cleaning brushes 'til half past twelve but the deal was build and paint, not build, paint AND tidy up so I actually made green for once :dakka  :dakka  :dakka

Bonus threat failed though - the lead Wezzy still only looks like this

In the foreground are four of the eight DeffGunz very kindly given to me by Karfang Toofstealer with a bit of work done on them to enable them to be nailed either side of the rotor housing (doubt if even Goffs'd be fikk enough to mount them on the wings (rotor blades) :?

So many thanks for that Karfang :cheers and I'll try to get the Wezzies done by next week :D

• Mad Grot Docsnik, Garslag, skarnir and 1 other like this

Karfang Toofstealer

Karfang Toofstealer

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Karfang's Krusade
Your more than welcome. Glad to see them go to good use. Hella lots of dakka dakka
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this