Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Wolves Next- Maybe we'll get a book one day?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Well, looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer. The theory going around of an orks/space wolfs box set turns out to be incorrect, and it is instead going to be a wolfs/genestealer box. Tooth & claw is a good name for it.

Pairing a niche army like GSC with the ever-popular wolfs is no doubt an effort to bolster adoption of the former, and I think it's a good move. If the box was orks & GSC, I could see myself even keeping the GSC as a smaller secondary army or even gifting it to a friend to collect instead.

GSC to me really feels like one of those second armies you end up with, there isn't a huge line and you don't need a whole heap of models to make them work, particularly if you want to use them for small scale games. I quite like boxed sets like this, I wonder if we'll get another ork boxed set like AOBR.

So, orks are further down. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is. I can only hope, that we get a bigger, more impressive release when our turn finally comes up.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I wonder if we'll get another ork boxed set like AOBR.

If we do I wonder if they'll pay a bit more attention to the layout of the sprues - ie all the orky bits we'd like a few more of on their own sprues that can be put in their own box and sold separately (or 'where's our zoggin deffkoptaz?').

• Giganotosaurus likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Someone has to be last. Luckily our index list is good enough for when we field Orks.

Warboss Gordrog

Warboss Gordrog

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gordrog

That is true, but we were first in 7th edition which means we have had the longest wait (barring sisters of course).

OLDGUN

OLDGUN

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts

space puppy only get a book, it is interesting.

the rumour said russ is coming. but not this time?

I'm just finking about ork update, just a shit book and no one zog it?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Yep, ad I said. Every rumour turned out to be false, the box set rumour is probably just a chance.. yet there are orks involved in this box sets story so maybe at 1 point Orks were involved but were cut.

Sarnath

Sarnath

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
Looking at that box, knowing that Wolves gets a Codex next im guessing Genestealer cults will get there Codex after that and then GW Will blast out the Orks last with Fireworks. More or less a full new range for the orks and an expanded/updated ruleset for the game, save the best release for last for a grand finish!
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

A bit of wishful thinking never harmed anyone :lol

• Dim_Reapa and Sarnath like this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
The article at GW web talks about black legion and orks meddling in the fray. It has been speculated that there might be a second box coming after to "complete" a "war zone".

A box starring Ghazzy vs Abbadom (+chaos primaris and new orks would be EPIC).
  • warhead01 and Nefairius like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
Hahs, I'd buy that just for both models. I'd never use them though but they would look great on my shelf.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
From the lore

"the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls"

Gorkamorka?
  • warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,365 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

From the lore

"the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls"

Gorkamorka?

I was thinking the same thing. Death race-ers.*  Maybe you'll get your speed freaks after all. 

* death Racers, an ICP movie.  Not even a B movie but it does have a few funny lines in it. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
Would be nice... although all depends on price. If it's £30 for 1 buggy then im out of here.... if it's £30 for 3 buggies then I'd buy two packs xD

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 588 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

From the lore

Gorkamorka?

KULT OF SPEED KONFIRMED!

CSM & Orks in one box sounds a bit unusual to me. Whens the last time they had two non-imperial (well... you know what I mean) in a splitbox? I really can't remember a box set like that. I guess gangs of commoragh? but it's not a two-army box.

• warhead01 likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

That is true, but we were first in 7th edition which means we have had the longest wait (barring sisters of course).

Everyone got a new list when the Index were released. It would be nice if his meant a large scale change for Orks, though Id never bet money on such a thing.