Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kontest Time - Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

Did i post this? Can't remember if i posted this.

20180809_181336.jpg

20180809_181311.jpg

Were there build pictures for that one? It's very nice. My own is repurposing a d-gun from shoulder mounted to be more like a Snazzgun

Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
20180813_173558.jpg

Here is Gazza with his kollection of shiny fingz and polishin' grot. They are not quite done, but not terribly far off it.
  • 4tonmantis and Garr like this
"Parry the 6!"

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!

Were there build pictures for that one? It's very nice. My own is repurposing a d-gun from shoulder mounted to be more like a Snazzgun

Here you go:

20180802_160451.jpg

20180802_160440.jpg
  • 4tonmantis likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Unfortunately my personal build is going to have to wait. I have to wrap up packing for my move and I have way too much stuff out for this. I will post the rest of the build though once we're in our new home.  Don't worry though, I am still monitoring and cheering you guys on from the side and prizes are already lined up so the only thing effected is my own KT Build.

Here you go:

Thanks, I was curious if you had sculpted the hat but the WiP picture was loaded with surprises.

Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Ended up two grots short of a kill team (kept ending up a bit too primark), the paint on the ones I did manage ended up a bit gloomier than I was intending but there's nowt I can do with 'em now 'til the oil-wash has dried :bang

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

So, that's about as done as I'm gonna get - hope the bars high enuff that no-one's gonna trip on it :lol

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
Sorry, i had computer problems over the past few days and my last few days have been taken up with troubleshooting and upgrading! I only have 3 boyz finished!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts

Hmmm, my interweb's been playing silly wossnames since last night, sorted itself out a couple of hours ago :?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Get em up lads! I've been down with a bad stomach virus so I won't be looking at these until some time tomorrow. As long as they're posted before I review, we're good!

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
20180818_120717.jpg
  • Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts

Nice collection of 'orks froo da ayjiz' - couldn't remember if yer third painted one was GorkaMorka 'til I emembered the stock gunner on the (soon to be retired) current warbuggy, it has been a while since I've bought one :lol Yer nobz' PK woz a clever touch too, if I'd issued mine with one I wouldn't have needed the two grots I'm missing :bang still, I can claim he's got a big choppa so I'm only one grot short :cheers

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
My killteam, kind of pathetic really for 2 weeks worth!

20180818_115039.jpg
  • Lexington and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts

Luvvin the paint on them though :love  

Thanks to Garslags' post I've come up with a cunning(ish) plan to bring my team up to full spec - 1)rate boss's choppa as a big choppa & 2)root around fer a grot that can be press ganged :thumbs

Oil washes have dried off a bit and I've got enough daylight to see if these shots have come out better

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

The grot at the left hand end of the second pik is the one that's been volunteered - originally a rokkit loader for a lobba, I've found a bit of FW sprue feed to start converting the rokkit he's holding into a shoota and I've got the ammo runts' head to hopefully make it look as though he's loading a one shot grot blasta - see how far I can get today with it :whip

Edit - just noticed that I've put one of the burnaz in both pikkies (and, presumably, missed one of the boys out :blush ) I'll have another go if I can sort the grot out in time :bang

• 4tonmantis likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts

Right - one entire 99 point kill team fully painted and awaiting the oilwash drying long enough to get some varnish over 'em

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

All done now :biggrin

• 4tonmantis and Zagursnik like this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
Congrats Badfang - hell of an effort to bust out a mob like that in so short a time. And dripping with character as always.
Garr - if I had painted my boyz to half your standard I wouldn't feel so bad about only painting two orks as a grot! And not even completing those...
4tonmantis - good on ya for organising the comp, sorry more blokes didn't jump on board.

I'll move my continued progress on dese boyz across to my thread in da Mek's. Expect it to continue painfully slow. I'm getting smashed from all sides IRL at the moment, minor miracle that I've done as much as I have!
  • 4tonmantis and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,385 posts

Cheers Garslag, of course the ulterior motive was mooaaaargh kommandos fer me army (bound to have been a sneeky, underhand, backstabbin reason fer it) :thumbs   

• 4tonmantis, Garslag and skarnir like this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts

Cheers Garslag, of course the ulterior motive was mooaaaargh kommandos fer me army (bound to have been a sneeky, underhand, backstabbin reason fer it) :thumbs   

Never doubted it for a moment!
"Parry the 6!"

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

only managed to build the GSC and no paint on em I'm afraid. I may have bought no mans sky while it was on sale on steam......

• 4tonmantis likes this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

I'm calling time. All current entries are now locked in and I'll be judging them throughout the evening. Thanks everyone for your efforts and interest!

Winners to be announced some time tomorrow in this thread, stay tuned!

• Lexington and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
Well, win or lose i'll be making more bad moon burnas and lootas, really enjoyed painting them and doing bright tbings is a nice change for me.
  • 4tonmantis, Badfang Brassaxe and skarnir like this

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz

Sorry, too late.

My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes