Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kontest Time - Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

Updated prize list in second post. Kromlech has thrown in a 20 Euro voucher for the overall winner!

I'll also be updating the deadline to August 17 with final judging the following days.

• Zagursnik likes this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Quick build update for the competition.

20180802_220430.jpg
  • 4tonmantis likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Lookin Ded 'Ard Garr!

Here's the progress on my own Boss Nob

20180803_161051.jpg

20180803_161112.jpg

• Lexington, Zagursnik and Garslag like this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Threw some paint at Gazza, the collector of shiny fingz. Lots of gold. Dug out Freebooterz and 2E codex for some color inspiration, dismayed to find very little to be had. Oh well.
  • 4tonmantis likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,386 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Threw some paint at Gazza, the collector of shiny fingz. Lots of gold. Dug out Freebooterz and 2E codex for some color inspiration, dismayed to find very little to be had. Oh well.

Would this help https://78.media.tum...neo1_500.png :? 

Oooops! Got yez mob confused with Garrs' - having said that, I wouldn't be too surprised at Deff Skullz swiping a Bad Moon :lol  

Best Deff Skullz figure I could find was this one  https://www.pinteres...K_5TA7F6dFGtc0/

Only got a bit more done on my gitz so far, six are in primer and another four kommandoes should be ready for primer tomorrow, one nob and two more grotz to go :search

• 4tonmantis and Garslag like this

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

https://imgur.com/JqJnrxK

Got The GSC build done tonight.

Will buy paints for them tomorrow to match paint guide in core box set.

• 4tonmantis likes this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
20180805_183432.jpg
  • 4tonmantis, Badfang Brassaxe and Garr like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,386 posts

Nice job on the bloo and white bits on the choppa, helmets dinged up nicely as well :thumbs

• 4tonmantis likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
Thanks Badfang, more buy luck than design as it happens, but the result's all that matters!

20180806_040910.jpg
Head is possibly not quite right on this guy... but it's maybe close enough.
  • 4tonmantis and Zagursnik like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,386 posts

Hmm, guess I'd best put mine in here just to prove I am actually doing summit

Kommandoes_2.jpg

Still need a nob and two grots.

• Lexington, 4tonmantis and Zagursnik like this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Everyone's steaming along! Very nice showings.

Even though I'm not competing, I am mekkin right alongside you lot. I'm up to 6. My warband has loads of worky bits and kunnin plans but not many boys so I'm over half done with my build. Missing another rokkit boy, 2 more burnas, and a loota.

20180805_230400.jpg

Lexington

Lexington

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 271 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Unfortunately, between one of my cats rather unexpectedly having to be put to sleep last week, and the fact that some of the bits on order having been slower to arrive than expected, the likelihood that I'll have a fully-painted Kill Team together by the end of next week is looking...a tad iffy.  :(

However! I'll still be doing my damnedest to at least have everything assembled by the deadline. Log starting up in the Garage, ASAP.

• 4tonmantis likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Unfortunately, between one of my cats rather unexpectedly having to be put to sleep last week, and the fact that some of the bits on order having been slower to arrive than expected, the likelihood that I'll have a fully-painted Kill Team together by the end of next week is looking...a tad iffy.  :(

However! I'll still be doing my damnedest to at least have everything assembled by the deadline. Log starting up in the Garage, ASAP.

Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets have a special place and are another member of the family. I was dealing with a medical emergency with one of my dogs earlier today and it has me emotionally drained, so I can sympathize. I only have 2 burnas and a loota left to build on mine but just have nothing in the tank today.

On a positive note.. I did hand sharpen my mower blade earlier.. that's kinda like mekkin around..

• Lexington and Garslag like this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
20180810_133905.jpg

I should be doing study right now, but i had a little freak-out and fixed me grot instead! I wasn't gonna name grots but I'm pretty happy with this wun. If i think of a name that suits him I'll break that rule.

Also built 90% of my big shoota guy. I have like 2 more grots to build and my mob is built. I did a little bit of base painting on Boney and the polishing grot the other day so if I have an epic weekend I could be on track to get this thing done by the cut-off date.

Even if I don't (can't say I really expect to), I found out some guys at the LGS are maybe playing kill team in store. I'll maybe take these lads down there and see if i can join in hey.
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
20180810_142520.jpg
Gunslug has looted a umie evvy bolter and hopes to find a few more guns laying around so he can have a mekboy build him a proppa kustom kombi weapon like Gazza and Bazza have.

Honestly I feel like this is my weakest build in the while mob, but I guess one of them had to be. I like the idea of him working his way up from shoota boy to loota though.
  • 4tonmantis and Garr like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,386 posts

Garslag - Yeah, I think the mass of the bigbolta could use a bit more support - maybe put a shoulder pad on his right shoulder with a bit of chain (or a plasticard strap)  to pull on the back of the bolta and help stop the front drooping :?

Still doing some

Kil_Team_2_grots_short.jpg

Got a couple of grots half built in GS (back halves) so I'll see about getting some more of them done tonight :biggrin

• 4tonmantis likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,009 posts
Thanks mate, good idea. I actually considered a strap or chain for it, but i didn't know how to achieve that. The Brassaxe Methodology sounds like a goer.

Your guys are huge - they look even bigger than your normal biggened boyz. Kommando nobz mob?!

How would he put the bigbolter down if its chained to him?
  • 4tonmantis likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,386 posts

Cheers Garslag, da kommandos probably are a bit bigger than normal lads but it's mainly down to backpacks, webbing, extra pouches and pockets and stikkbomz and stuff (and climbing ropes and grappling hooks if I can find my heavy duty cotton reel).

How would he put the bigbolter down if its chained to him?

If you make a small loop on the top of da bolta towards the back (thin-ish copper wire should do) and make a hook for the end of the chain or strap to go through it, he should be able to unhook it when he's not using it (wants to be careful where he puts it down though else some git'll nick it).

• 4tonmantis and Garslag like this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Sorry for the silence guys. I'm still here, watching the awesome progress. I'm mekkin around on my own still but have been making slow progress on my Loota since I'm drastically redoing his weapon. Hopefully I'll wrap him up today.

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Did i post this? Can't remember if i posted this.

20180809_181336.jpg

20180809_181311.jpg
  • 4tonmantis likes this