Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kontest Time - Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

Kill%2BTeam%2BKontest%2BBanner.jpg

Da Kill Team Kontest is Live!

UPDATE! THE NEW DEADLINE IS AUGUST 17!!

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE PARTICIPATING (WHICH WILL REQUIRE A NEWLY BUILT AND PAINTED KILL TEAM) YOU WILL NEED TO RECORD WIP PHOTOS (AND/OR VIDEOS). THE INITIAL PHOTO OF ALL YOUR WORKY BITS BEING GATHERED NEEDS TO INCLUDE THE DATE, TO ENSURE THAT IT'S A FRESH BUILD. THAT PART IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!!!!

UPDATE:7/24/2018 : The initial image with a date is only necessary for people who are not actively posting a build log. In other words, if you're saving all of your WiP pictures until the end, you need to have a picture with the components used and something showing the date. Entrants with an active log here or the mek's garage are exempt.

NOTE: This thread and the Mek's garage are the only other acceptable places for this exemption! Linking to a build log on another site will not suffice.

Da Rulez:

Initial Entry

• Sign ups are not required but prize pool levels won't be revealed without them, so get your name in if you want to see what you can win!
  • An image of your initial build with the date is required. This is to ensure all entries are fresh new kill teamz ready for krumpin!
  • WIPS are required of a minimum initial stage (worky bitz), build in progress (da mekkin), and painting (makin it proppa), however, the WiP pictures are also part of a bonus score, so anything beyond the minimum will net you extra points in the judging stage.
  • Follow this thread! Any changes here are important for people that have enrolled in the kontest, though I will try to avoid them (unless they're good!).

Models

• All models for the kill team must be newly built for this kontest.
  • The models do not need to be GW or any other specific manufacturer.
  • Conversions, sculpting, kitbashes, and other modifications are highly encouraged.
  • This is open to kill teams of all armies, however, Orky kill teams will have a decided advantage in scoring.
  • Kill Teams will need to be legal for game play. That's not to say you can't use outside the box thinking (da kunning plan), but it needs to make sense.
  • Diorama bases are cool, but if the models can't come off of the diorama they're not legal, so plan for that.
  • Paint jobs are subjective. If it looks like you've attempted to paint everything on the model, you're good!

Submission Guidelines

• Deadline for final entries is August 10, 2018. I will be checking for entries the morning of August 11.
  • Plan on submitting on or before the 10th, late entries will not be allowed!
  • Clear photos that show the progression of  your team are a must. As stated above, this is a 3 image minimum (initial bits, build, paint).
  • Minimum image size is 600x800 pix with no maximum. I suggest reading some tips on miniature photography.
  • Submitting the work of someone else is forbidden. If someone is unable to post images for some reason, message me and we'll figure it out.
  • All work on the model must be your own... so keep your Golden Demon winning buddies and/or paint squigs out of your build!
  • Looting ideas that are already out there is okay but originality counts towards scoring as well!
  • All rules for image submission for the site are in full effect. If your submission contains inappropriate content, you need to censor it yourself to bring it into compliance with site rules and regulations regarding this. Submissions that do not will be disqualified.

Judging

• The judge(s) will be scoring entries based on criteria discussed in the thread.
  • Scoring will be private.
  • If there are enough entries there will be a "people's choice" category decided entirely by community votes!
  • Winners will be announced no later than August 12th. If this changes, it will be posted here.
  • The judge(s)' decisions are final. Please support our winners and foster an environment of sportsmanship.
  • In addition to previously mentioned criteria, if any kontestant becomes abusive to other kontestants or judges, they will likely be asked not to participate in future kontests hosted by me.
  • If you have questions or concerns, post here or message me directly.
  • As issues arise, you will find I am usually prompt in replying but be patient, I have a busy schedule and can't always reply within a 24 hour window (I do try though).

Prize Support

• The number of prizes awarded will be based on finished entries upon the final date of the kompetition.
  • During the course of the kompetition, prize levels that are possible will be revealed.
  • Prizes will require a mailing address. Please do not post those here and only message your address to me if you appear in the final results area as a prize winner!
  • So far none of the prizes are being provided from anywhere other than my own pocket.. keep this in mind before expressing disappointment with the types of prizes.
  • Prizes will be sent with tracking. However, if something happens in transit, I am unable to supply replacements and the postal service will have to answer for lost or misplaced parcels.

More!

This is the first in an initiative to breathe life back into this place. If we get a good turnout, this contest may expand into additional categories, like Kill Team boards, Battle Reports, etc. At the moment, I can only put up enough for a basic modeling/building contest. When our 8th edition Codex drops, we could see an even bigger contest. Stay tuned and spread the word!

Here's an article from GW on selecting your Kill Team to get the ball rolling!

https://www.warhamme...gKillTeamJuly24

• Lexington, Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe and 2 others like this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

The Kontest is open for sign ups!

Current Prizes are:

Overall - Deff Dread + 20 Euros Credit to Bits of War/Kromlech

Most Creative - Box of Grotz

Next prize unlocks are as follows. Note, this is for completed entries!

10 contestants:Best Build - Box of Boyz

15 contestants:Best WiP Log - Good Condition Copy of Freebooterz

20 contestants:Best Overall Upgraded to Morkanaut, Most Creative upgraded to Deff Dredd, Best Build adds OOP Big Mek, Best Painted added receives Citadel Base Paint Set

30 contestant: In the unlikely event that we reach this goal, the prize is a mystery to be revealed at that time. It is Orky, it is classic, and it is heavy!

Our current kill team wranglers are:

Garr - Badmoonz

Lexington - Evil Sunz

Badfang Brassaxe - Kommandoez

Garslag - Deathskullz

Skarnir - Blood Axe    GSC

Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Will the Kill Teams have to be of legal composition?
  • 4tonmantis likes this
"Parry the 6!"

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Will the Kill Teams have to be of legal composition?

Yeah, that's a big part of the reason it won't officially start until the release date. I wanted to put this out now because I know some people either have early access or are just really excited about it and want to start their teams. Anyone who started early would be out of luck if they missed the bit about taking an initial photo with the date or the info about the bonus points for a WiP log.

If you want to start now, that's fine but there is no bonus or penalty. The end date will likely be something like 2 weeks after the release of Kill Team just to give everyone a better picture of a timeframe.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Oof. Two weeks would be pretty tight for me, but good luck to those who are able to participate.
  • 4tonmantis likes this

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 727 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Just found some beakie sprue's from last kill team and the scouts from shadow war armegeddon

• 4tonmantis likes this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Oof. Two weeks would be pretty tight for me, but good luck to those who are able to participate.

You can start now if you already have an idea of what you're going to have.. either way, I hope you can squeeze it in :)

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
So how do you select a team? Looking at those pics in the Goffs, I don't see any points values.
  • 4tonmantis likes this
"Parry the 6!"

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

OKAY LADS, BIG UPDATE COMING IN A BIT!

Right now, the kontest is open since the game is on pre-order.  Retail release is 7/28, with the deadline following 2 weeks after (8/11).

Sign ups are officially open so please, if you're in, let everyone know! It's not a requirement but I won't be able to announce what level of prizes are available without a head count!

@Garslag, I believe someone posted points just now in the Kill Team thread. I think some people have "acquired" the main rules already.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts

You can start now if you already have an idea of what you're going to have.. either way, I hope you can squeeze it in :)

Alas, even of I was fast at it (I'm not) and had regular, consistent hobby time (I don't), in between now and then I've got my wife's birthday and our anniversary. I'd be lucky to finish a single grot.

Like I said though, good luck to everyone else! Convert the hell out of them.
  • 4tonmantis likes this

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
I'm thinking of building uo a badmoonz killteam so i'll sign up if it gets off the ground.
  • 4tonmantis and FlamingDeth like this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

I'm thinking of building uo a badmoonz killteam so i'll sign up if it gets off the ground.

I've added you to the sign up list in the 2nd post.

At the moment the only prize is a Deff Dread. The final prize pool will depend on finished entries but what those prizes could be is revealed as the sign ups fill in, so get out there and spread the word!

Lexington

Lexington

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Woo hoo! This is great. Put me down for an Evil Sunz band.

Q: Would you like any promotion of this? There's a fair number of Twitter people who follow the #warmongers tag on the regular. I bet we could get the word out that way, both to potential entrants and also sponsors who might want to get in on it. The risk I see there is that more people - especially newcomers - might mean more promised entries that never get done. Your call!

• 4tonmantis likes this
"Gargrazz knew the importance of the dramatik paws, so he had been silent in mid-sentance for over three hours now."
- "Ork Story Bitz" by Chris Hutchings

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I could use a few more kommandos (even if for game purposes some of them might have to be in different uniforms) so I'll see about knocking some up too.

• 4tonmantis likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Woo hoo! This is great. Put me down for an Evil Sunz band.

Q: Would you like any promotion of this? There's a fair number of Twitter people who follow the #warmongers tag on the regular. I bet we could get the word out that way, both to potential entrants and also sponsors who might want to get in on it. The risk I see there is that more people - especially newcomers - might mean more promised entries that never get done. Your call!

Absolutely put the word out! And glad to see you'll be throwing down some Evil Sunz.

One problem is, newer members need to have something like 50 posts I think before they can post images. I'm not 100% sure on that since it's been a looong time since I was a new user here.. but I remember that being an issue in the past..

I'll try to find out and worst case scenario, I can just have them directly send me the images for the entry.

I'll get more specific guidlines for the kontest written and reviewed and posted in the next day or two.

So, that said.. any new people need to make sure they familiarize themselves, read the forum rules and the guidelines for this kontest thoroughly (and ask questions) before starting.

@Badfang, sweet!

EDIT: Also, feel free to post WIPS here and/or a build log in the garage etc.

• Lexington likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

One problem is, newer members need to have something like 50 posts I think before they can post images. I'm not 100% sure on that since it's been a looong time since I was a new user here.. but I remember that being an issue in the past..

Doubt that's a problem any more now that we're having to use 3rd party photo-hosting websites to link pikkies from, in fact I don't recall it being a problem in '09 when I joined and the board was still hosting pix itself - think this must have been one of my first posts http://www.the-waaag...wtopic=38934

• 4tonmantis likes this

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
I was thinking of a Bad Moonz team, but I'm not fool enough to go up against Garr in a straight fight. I'll go a Death Skulls team, which I almost certainly won't finish due to I've got a lot of sh*t going on right now. Nonetheless, I'm in.
  • Lexington, 4tonmantis, FlamingDeth and 1 other like this
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
https://s33.postimg....0723_175109.jpg

[img src="https://s33.postimg....23_175109.jpg"]
  • 4tonmantis and Garr like this
"Parry the 6!"

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts

Alright lads! The official rules are no in the first post! Git it a read and get krackin!

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Made a start on my killteam! Badmoon Mek/Spanna leader, still in two minds about loadout... any tips?

20180723_204142.jpg

20180723_204112.jpg

20180723_204031.jpg
  • Lexington and 4tonmantis like this