Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New ork warboss image leaked

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,253 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

I think it's a marvelous model! But I would have been surprised if it was GW, because of the face. Look at the expression on this guy's face! Every ork head GW puts out lately has that blank, featureless look like the designers are still learning the ropes on autoCAD.

Nah, I gotta disagree. The grukk boss has basically the exsact same face.

OLDGUN

OLDGUN

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts

not yet,but soon

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,253 posts
I think some business analyst guy dude thingy said that the orks are basically guaranteed for end of Aug/ early sept. Make sense... kill team is this month so a lotmof fucus will be on that. Still really wish gw woukd tell us... not because I'm impatient but because I have money that I want to spend and not sure if to save or to spend... i had paypal money saved up but thanks to GWs crap marketing I've already spent that money on steam games during the steam sale... (got warhammer beakie... never played it and £5 seemed like a good deal. XD) it was I eiher wait for gw and find out I got nothing to spend my money on or I buy the games now I now are going to be on sale but won't be later on.

OLDGUN

OLDGUN

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts

I think some business analyst guy dude thingy said that the orks are basically guaranteed for end of Aug/ early sept. Make sense... kill team is this month so a lotmof fucus will be on that. Still really wish gw woukd tell us... not because I'm impatient but because I have money that I want to spend and not sure if to save or to spend... i had paypal money saved up but thanks to GWs crap marketing I've already spent that money on steam games during the steam sale... (got warhammer beakie... never played it and £5 seemed like a good deal. XD) it was I eiher wait for gw and find out I got nothing to spend my money on or I buy the games now I now are going to be on sale but won't be later on.

only new rules I guess

I dont think 8E ork has any new model 

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,253 posts
Nah, it's becoming pretty clear that it's either 1 model or nothing. If we do get something then great but don't get yah hopes up. My main concern is all the options we will lose for new players... also for me... because screw you if I am forced to bring like 4 rules bools about to play 8th edition. XD With a lot of my options I might as well stick to the index. XD

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,004 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and it's not something I know how to explain my position on, but I reckon you've been chewing the wrong fungus mate!
"Parry the 6!"

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 307 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

not yet,but soon

Brand?

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,480 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I gotta disagree. they don't look anything alike. Gruks got an open mouth and a few big front teeth. And he's got some look at my tough action going on. (If I recall.)

This one has a lot of front teeth covering it's open mouth. 
Other than that an Orks head is an Orks head is an Orks head. They don't usually have a lot of variety in the sculpts unless you point at he flash gitz who have more rounded heads. 

• PhillyT likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,550 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

I think the flash gitz heads are different mostly as an evolution of orks over all.  Personally, I love the ork heads that we have available.  

Ryan

Ryan

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts

I think the flash gitz heads are different mostly as an evolution of orks over all.  Personally, I love the ork heads that we have available.

Personally I hate the flash gitz heads, I won't use them.

One thing I would like to see them make is some more multipart grots, not enough variety currently
  • Giganotosaurus likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,550 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Really? Whats the issue with them? Im not a big fan of the pirate hats but the others are super characterful.
  • Lexington likes this

Lexington

Lexington

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 269 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Yeah, the Flash Git heads are really nice, IMO. I've ordered a few sets for conversions, or just for popping on random Nobz - they're far, far superior to the squished, ugly faces of the standard plastic Nobz.

• PhillyT likes this

killercroc

killercroc

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,122 posts

I think Flash Gitz in general are fantastic models for converting. I'm not a huge fan of Flash Gitz as they are but I bought a box to turn them into more characterful nobz with a bit of converting. Kommando nob, Weirdboy, Big mek with KMB, etc. Speaking of squished faces It'd be cool if GW re-did the old nob box, I mean it still works fine but some updated Nobz with more wargear in the box would be appreciated. If you only have a few Nobz the box works but when you have a few squads of them to really notice the repetitiveness of them.

I hope GW comes up with a Warboss with as much character as this, I mean I don't NEED any more bosses as I hardly field all the ones I own now but if they make a new plastic boss with some really sweet looking kit I'd totally pick him up.

• Lexington likes this

Ryan

Ryan

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts

Really? Whats the issue with them? Im not a big fan of the pirate hats but the others are super characterful.

as pointed out they are in a different style to the rest of the ork heads, "hate" might have been a bit strong but I like the many other styles alot better, I wouldn't want these to become the new norm put it that way. If there were more in the style then I might have been more inclined to use them, but I already include old warhammer orc heads, boar boyz, aos iron jaws, 3rd party heads etc
An i didn't mind the pirate hats lol it's all personal preference I guess

I do own a pack of them, but most of the parts went into my ork nobz, an the guns i plan to use in an ogryn unit

gedrekt

gedrekt

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:Gedrekt's Tredd Headz

I love the Flash Gitz models, but I have mixed feelings about the pirate hats.

I like ork humor, and I have no problem with orks lifting things from other species, but at the same time I don't want them to be a simple parody faction.

I'm waiting to see what the codex brings before making any decisions, but I was thinking about using all the pirate bits on some of my Flash Gitz to make them Freebootas, while using no pirate bits on others to make them Bad Moons. I'm hoping that the codex allows us to make Flash Gitz part of clans again, because they're one of the signature Bad Moons units.

One thing I would like to see them make is some more multipart grots, not enough variety currently

I would also like that. I like the existing grot sculpts a lot, but I wish we had more of them. If they threw in some squigs and maybe even snotlings that would be cool too.

• Garslag likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 481 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I do not care for the pirate hats, they make no sense. As I have stated before, how would Orks learn about 'oomie pirates? Did they read about pirates in a stoopid 'oomie history book?  :?

Ryan

Ryan

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts

I do not care for the pirate hats, they make no sense. As I have stated before, how would Orks learn about 'oomie pirates? Did they read about pirates in a stoopid 'oomie history book?  :?

I don't think they would have to, so they wear bright clothing an hats with skulls on, it's not beyond the realms of imagination that an ork renegade would think that's cool, what I'm saying is if humans could come up with pirates without influence then so could orks in a totally separate timezone.
The problem I think is pirates are too easily recognisable to us, for example you don't ever hear people saying they don't like back banners/boss poles because are we to believe orks read a book on feudal japan?..but it's not as in ur face as the whole pirate thing.
personally I'm kinda on the fence, in moderation i find it ok but when people really roll with the pirate theme i find it hard not to relate back to real life

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 481 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"...it's not beyond the realms of imagination that an ork renegade would think that's cool, what I'm saying is if humans could come up with pirates without influence then so could orks in a totally separate timezone." Otherwise known as the Infinite Monkey Theorem; "Enough monkeys/chimpanzees, randomly typing for an indefinitely long time, will eventually type a complete work of Shakespeare." The likelihood of this occurring is not zero, but is close enough to be considered as such.

The back banners started with Warhammer figures if my memory serves correctly. The back banners struck me as absolutely being Japanese inspired when GW started with them, but they were different enough, and pervasive enough (in their figure range), that I gave GW a pass on them. I have friends who do not give GW a pass, and find the back banners silly and Japanese inspired.

Pirate garb is best suited for a group of madboyz, not Flash Gitz.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,253 posts
I like the pirates but personally would never own them. More something to admire. My free booters are just normal looking orks from different klans (30 boyz painted red, 30 boyz painted blue, shoota boyz painted brown, 30 boyz painted yellow....) so much so I often jsut say they're Evil Sunz because the majority of them are red (vechiles are all red and because I'm a vechile heavy army there is an overwhelming amount of red...). That's the bets thing abiut Orks... if you have Blue Ultramarines you have to say they're ultramarines. You add a dark Angels terminators squsd in and it looks out of place. But if you have Red Evil Sunz with flames on them, evil sunz logos, etc... and then you place 30 Bad Moonz Boyz in front of them they look fine... because Orks just work together. The more colours the better! Throw in some blue lootas, it's fine! Some burna boyz who painted their skin red? Pffft, looks awesome! Shootas blood axes who dress in the klan red to make them go fasta but also cover themselves in brown to represent mud camo? Wtf? Where they go? They've vanished into that epic looking army!

Honestly, if I was a competitive person I would have quit collecting and painting orks ages ago.... but I love that orks can be anything you want and nobody questions it! I paint them or have friends paint them how ever I or they want for my collection! When I get back to England, regardless of the Codex I will continue to paint the 100 boyz still unpainted, and the nobz, and the mek I have left to do. And then, I might even go out of my way to buy a Big Mek in mega armour and oaint him Evil sunz, or buy a AoS mega boss for a Snake bite hq.... because the more klans I can jam into my army the better it will look on my shelf!
  • Garslag likes this

gedrekt

gedrekt

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:Gedrekt's Tredd Headz

I'm still waffling on whether to make my overall Warlord a Bad Moon or a Freebooter. When starting out the idea was that he would be a Bad Moon warboss of an ork tanker warband. Eventually I accumulated enough orks that I'm going to have all kinds of warbands from different clans represented (getting all of them painted is going to take many years). Part of the background story I was thinking was that he wasn't going to be the leader of a proper Waaagh! but rather a small fleet that raided opportunistically/ That sounds rather Freebooter-like, but I haven't made my mind up.