Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rivet punches

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

bigmark268

bigmark268

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
So i was noseing around and jsut stumbled accross these. They do seem awsome for universal sized rivets, bit pricey though. But i saw this and was like im sure someone else may be interested in this. So here they are

MN029 MINI PUNCH & DIE SET PT.6
http://umm-usa.com/o...0d5b5ad9ff4f270

MN030 MAXI PUNCH & DIE SET PT.11

MN031 HEXAGONAL PUNCH & DIE SET PT.4 "Hex"

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 995 posts
I'm liking the hex punch. Hopefully they come back in stock soon. :thumbs

Aslomov

Aslomov

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
I am sooo gonna buy those! :biggrin I MUST have!! :sowhat
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only little plastic men.

Murrdox

Murrdox

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 648 posts
Similarly I love the hex punch... but damn those are expensive! Has anyone found any cheaper alternatives?

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Those would be awsome, but as Murrdox said, they're a little out of my price range for something like that. A cheeper alternative would be nice. Thanks for sharing.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

ukpro

ukpro

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gazbagga
It would also be nice to see a UK stockist :crybaby

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 995 posts

Has anyone found any cheaper alternatives?

I bought this punch set from Micromark a few years ago:
Posted Image
http://www.micromark...H-SET,8603.html

Not exactly cheaper but Micromark runs sales fairly regularly, I got mine for 20% off. I look at it as an investment in my hobby; hold off on that extra battlewagon and the price isn't bad for a tool you can use repeatedly.

Aslomov

Aslomov

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
That looks like a decent one! But I'd much rather have a smaller one.. Like for non-vehicle mini's and the like! :rolleyes
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only little plastic men.

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
If you have the motivation then here's a tutorial on how to build your own punch and die set.

I myself have the Micromark punch posted by jackdoud but I also made a dedicated 0.5mm punch and die set very easily using the techniques from that tutorial.

I had been put off building a whole set because I could not find decent sets of tiny punches that weren't going to cost at least as much as a professional punch and die set but it occurs to me now that a cheap set of HSS drill bits could be used to drill the holes and then the flat ends used to punch the rivets.

Edit: In fact the tutorial even suggests using the same drill bits as punches so I don't know why I didn't notice that earlier :scowl
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

crispy

crispy

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 171 posts
Great tutorial Nexus. I did see something similar that used a small allen key to punch out hex bolts. Can find the link anymore but it was a similar process as mentioned in yours. Think the guy sharpen the allen key end to a proper 90 degrees and punched it through a hole just a little larger than the key width. I'll have to give these a try soon.
"When the pin is removed, Mr Grenade is not your friend!"