Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Some [Maddy!] random stuff...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Rust by Me on My New Battl-I-mean-Gun Wagon. Done in 3 hours (or 15 minutes hairdrayer). Need opinions. And hints. And attention HAR HAR HAR!

Reciple:
Three washes of brown. Done!
First of dark (but not too dark!) brown , second normal and third with little orange flavor. (pic show only one colour. I'm laaazy!)
They should be transparent:
Attached File  rust_metod.jpg   28.18KB   133 downloads
*Note that I started with GREY and textured (wall paint :lol ) background (anti-shine scratched old metal) and "washes" are made from wall paint pigments and wather (no dish liquid)
Attached File  Rust_.jpg   101.84KB   260 downloads

More random [MaDdY!1!] stuff soon.

Savage

Savage

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
i like the rust effects alot. keep up the good work.
Right ladz, time to get stuck in...
Sorry, Waaagh policy... no pics in sigs, including dragon eggs... -da HQ

Guest_Bigmek Grotgitz Irontoof_*

Guest_Bigmek Grotgitz Irontoof_*
  • Guests
Cool looking rust effect! What do you do for application? Do you just use a brush?

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Thanks for err "thredomancy" (nah, just joking, I just lost any hope for this tread....) and feedback guys. Bigmek Grotgitz Irontoof @ I use small brush (I guess 0 in GW scale) but bigger (up to size of little space ship :)) would also do the job - it depends on scale of whole rust and Your skill. Actually big brush may give "funny" (and faster) effects. I also discover sfuff called "thinner" (Yep, I'm dumb), I wonder if it would work better than water....

AncientSociety

AncientSociety

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 124 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzon Spaz Piratez
Nice effect but I'd say it's more a type of waterstain effect, rather than true rust. That's not to say it's bad or ineffective, quite the opposite actually. It looks especially realistic on horizontal surfaces, where you'd expect water to collect...

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests

It looks especially realistic on horizontal surfaces, where you'd expect water to collect...

This reminds Me that You should put rusted surface horizontal (flat up) so washes would "stay" in place, not float down.

and water stain... I based on pics from Google, especially this one (pretty badass rust IMO).

I'm pretty sure that more layers and/or more colours (up to "canary yellow") would make whole effect better.
That was my first try....

Kaptin Shmarghool

Kaptin Shmarghool

Tankbusta Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Shmarghool's Space Sharkz
Love it :thumbs Maybe I'll try this one instead of my old, brown-drybrush, technique. Thanks for sharing! Cheers :cheers

Waaagh! Shawass - plundering the galaxy with unpainted models since 2006 :D

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Ok, next stop: Burna head (aka Gasmask aka MAN Mek/Boss/Kustom MADed Nob Head) You will need: Tooth pick (or sculpting tool) GS (or Grey Stuff in My case) Boy Head (I take one in helmet, however "bald" is good too) M4 Nut (I used M5 because It will be MA Boss/Mek head) Glue Attached File  Step_1.jpg   43.73KB   121 downloads Easy? Easy... Attached File  Step_2.jpg   32.76KB   91 downloads Start with one in center, then make rest and correct center if needed Attached File  Step_3.jpg   33.13KB   104 downloads This little "blobs" are..blobs. With holes. Note that I don't cover nose. Why? Step 4: Attached File  Step_4.jpg   38.12KB   99 downloads Use cutted in half tooth pick to make it flat (but bended) Attached File  Step_5.jpg   37.24KB   93 downloads Take small roll of GS and start from bottom (just like arrows show). Use halved toothpick to make round interior of "edge" And little trailer/comparision to Ghazz upper body: Attached File  teaser.jpg   59.93KB   107 downloads Promised - done! For blackblade68 and "He (who) make nice conversion of 2'ed Boyz to Kommies" Dude [Forgot name, sorry*] * do not apply to "He (who) make nice conversion of 2'ed Boyz to Kommies" Dude. :lol :lol :lol I'm Mad.... [promise....] I'll post painted version. And "bald head" version.

NCODB

NCODB

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 972 posts
That's quite well done for the gas mask face. However, i have a question: How did you make the tubing for the side of the head? You know.. for some reason.. this reminds me a bit of Fallout. Great, now i want to make Fallout-style Mega Armoured Nobs. GEE, THANKS MADDAMEK. Making me want to do even more work.. :sowhat *grumble grumble*
Set all weapons to "War Crimes".

Current Main Project:
Adeptus Mechanicus army commission.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,582 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

I'm Mad....

I'd say so. At first I didn't scroll down far enough to see the entire gas mask build all at once, just the first shot of the nuts their chins ;) & was very worried about how the rest would turn out. But I gotta say thats a very quick & easy way to go about it. It fits the Ghazz body quite nicely :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests

How did you make the tubing for the side of the head?

I made it from metal wire and soft cable (from old PC Mouse, it have 5 thin inside thick one) wrapped around.

It fits the Ghazz body quite nicely :thumbs

Not quite, iron gob is too small for it... Good that I don't want to use it, Boss would be too "Ghazzy"

and pic of bald dude:
Attached File  shoota_boy.JPG   60.42KB   874 downloads

I guess next thing would be "How da hell I can make Lootaz/Stormboyz/Tankies/Shootaz from AoBR Boyz?". It was discussed earlier but someone pop up with question from time to time.....

blackblade68

blackblade68

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:No name
This should totally be in the 101 section. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone who can do this?

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Its still on page 1 so It don't need to be in 101. At least for now :)

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,582 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Tell me something though, on the plastic boyz doesn't that nut make em fall over a bit?
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Not at all Zag...

WAIT, WHO... DARE... TWO... CHOPPAZ?!?!?! ITZ TIME FOR DEFFFFF RAGEEEEE!!!!!
Thank You for voting! Please PM to Me and say how can I improve My tuts to level of 4 or 5 axes. Any critique would be apprecieted.

Ah, and if You need tut... PM

blackblade68

blackblade68

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
I don't have any nuts. (HAhahaha) At least that would fit a regular boyz head. I have one that will fit a nob head but that's it. Did you get those at your local hardware shop? If I get an M3, M2, M1 would that be smaller than an M4?

Guest_MaddaMek_*

Guest_MaddaMek_*
  • Guests
Yep, M1/2/3 are smaller. Oh, and I made mistake about side of nuts. Its M4 / M5 for Boss (fixed). How ever if You can get smaller nuts here are two variants: Attached File  mask.JPG   37.47KB   26 downloads First one have 2 of them. Glue them to "pointy" edges of helmet. Second do not involve any nuts at all, at least on head. You can make little device on back or shoulder pad of dude and connect it to "elephant". Start with gluing tube. If You made wire like Me (from wire and "soft" cable) You can drill little hole in his mouth and insert it there.

blackblade68

blackblade68

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
I was thinking about the two nuts. I'll try to find some. I do like the one-ie. But I'll try the two-ie and tell you how that goes. Now...what about making Gobs? :D

Boss Gutrippa

Boss Gutrippa

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 142 posts
Nice Gasmasks! Nice easy to follow tutorial. This will be looted for my warboss.
Formerly Death2728.

Boss Gobbstompa

Boss Gobbstompa

Warbike Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,535 posts
  • Army Name:Gobbstompaz Looty Gitz
all this talk about having 2 nuts and having no nuts is absolutely slaughtering the 13 year-old personality I have trapped in my 28 year old body. However, it's a good conversion. I might be looting this for some of my burna boyz later on.
Nkelsch on the differences between disembarking from open-topped vehicles and closed vehicles.
QUOTE (nkelsch @ Dec 10 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Compare a bunch if drunk rednecks jumping out of the back of a pickup truck VS a bunch of old ladies getting off the bus.

BLAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (WIP/Magnetizing tutorial)
WAAAGH!!! Gobbstompa (finished models)
The Legend of Gobbstompa (fluff)