Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

fighta bommer a la Kr00zA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

coke89

coke89

telescoping arm

• Speed Freaks
  • 517 posts
  • Army Name:Speed Freeks
here's the base that i started building on.
Posted Image

now here's my WIP fighta bommer, i widened it just as Kr00zA did
Posted Image
the WIP side panels
Posted Image
the top
Posted Image
the tail
Posted Image
and here's where the jet engine exhaust is gone stick out
Posted Image
Fly up ya stoopid gitz!

justFIGHT

justFIGHT

Lobotomy

• Freebooterz
  • 764 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh!!! Kubz
cool. i like the grin design on the side. the checks and panels look good too. keep it up!
da only proppa ork iz n egyptian un!!! ;) WAAAGH!!! fo'evaaa!!! thanks to mukrot for dis dead ard avatar!!!
QUOTE(frankye @ Apr 1 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post
cannibal, in all seriousness: repeat 20 times the word "fish'ead" and think of them, now think of the first fish that comes into your mind. is not a goldfish? Or something weedier?
QUOTE(Jolly_ork @ Sep 15 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post
And ive told you redtoof, i no longer recognise cricket as a sport. So humph.

lachlin

lachlin

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,370 posts
You are off to a good start. I'll be watching this thread because I'm interested in how it will turn out.
Da footure iz green!

Greven

Greven

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 438 posts
  • Army Name:Generul Gobgar's DeffSkwadron
wow,thats insane!keep it up!
Dere is a new ork god, 'is name is Fork. and 'e brings revelusjonery teknologee
Fork

for any mek there is no clear line between werk and wrek

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,152 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
The Thundabolt is a great base for a Ork fighta/bomma. It looks like you are off to a solid start. :thumbs Are you planning on reskinning the entire hull? I ask because the top section forward of the cockpit looks a bit odd with it's skin being stock. Thanks for sharing. :yes
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Guest_magos_mechanicus_*

Guest_magos_mechanicus_*
  • Guests
I like the plasticard checks (that's far more measurin' than I could do) and the grin on the front! I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

chockchan the arch dictator

chockchan the arch dictator

Stainless Steel Skull

• Goffs
  • 582 posts
  • Army Name:*under new management, no name yet*
very nice!! can't wait to loot some of these ideas!! btw, what scale model plane are you using?
QUOTE (DaSquigBrain @ Apr 27 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Butter and salt for the Blood God!

QUOTE (CannibalBob @ May 10 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My models are all assembled and kept together through sheer willpower.

Choppas. Making people successful in a changing world.
Records starting Jan. '09:
Orks-Wins 0/Draws 0/Losses 0
Empire-Wins 3/Draws 1/Losses 2

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Your off to a good start, I'll definetly look forward to seeing this beast beeing finished.

coke89

coke89

telescoping arm

• Speed Freaks
  • 517 posts

Are you planning on reskinning the entire hull? I ask because the top section forward of the cockpit looks a bit odd with it's skin being stock.

View Post

yeah thats right, it's gonna get a whole new hull. and as for the cocpit it will be scratch built kind o' like the FW fighta bommer cocpit i think
Fly up ya stoopid gitz!

TeefKrakka

TeefKrakka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 525 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Trakkz
The fighta bomma is really looking great.I will have to look around for a model shop to buy one of those planes.Love FW's but I like to build my own.

o_O

o_O

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
with what or hwo do you plan to build your engine ??? I remeber you looking for a Star Wars Podracer but those whoudl be far to big to fit in that opening
August 19th International Kick the fish'ead in the Nuts Day
come celebrate- tell us how you kicked the Fish'eads in the nads!

Rivets !! More Rivets !!

NEW RELEASE for LotR----Gandalf points left and coming soon Gimli sobered up!!
Advance Order Now!! Limited Edition Sam making jam and toast.

coke89

coke89

telescoping arm

• Speed Freaks
  • 517 posts
o_0>> ok there is only one thing i do not want to hear when im building something and that is, that aint gonna work... trust me, it will fit. chockchan the arch dictator>> 1:48, anything smaller than that wont turn out good the details will be to small
Fly up ya stoopid gitz!

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Ooooh nice, looks like you've got some pretty crazy plasticard skills there. What with all the effort you'll be putting into it though, wouldn't it have been easier to build from scratch? So...much...plasticard! :cheers

itainteasybeingreen

itainteasybeingreen

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 461 posts
  • Army Name:Bloodaxes
Great work! Love the tail and the armor plates. Where are you putting the engines? And will the cockpit be open? Personally, I don't much like the Forgeworld models at all, although the Impies are far worse than the Orkz. Thus far, I've seen far better designed and better executed aircraft on this forum than anything Forgeworld has produced yet. IMOHO, of course. Standard ork reply #3
Use the search function, ya git!

Don't feed da trolls , call da arborkz ta krump dem!

QUOTE(ThorDUDE @ Nov 26 2007, 07:51 AM) View Post
We are the knights who say 4chan!

Gash Nak Iron Toof

Gash Nak Iron Toof

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 570 posts
Looking real good. A fighta bomba is on my 'to do' list. I really like the way yours is going!

Check out Maxmini , Kromlech and Puppetswar for great conversion bits!

My blog: www.elotsip40k.blogspot.com

coke89

coke89

telescoping arm

• Speed Freaks
  • 517 posts
itainteasybeingreen>> the engine is gonna be in the back of the plane, or accually just the exhast, cuz it's a shame to merge the whole engine with all it's nice details inte the hull, so i'll be cutting it of and just use the exhaust in the rear, the cocpit aint gonna be open, though the windows is gonna be crashed and im gonna put alot of details inte that compartment, so dont worry. well i dont know if i can say the same as you about FW, i've got one of theis fighta bommers too, and it's details are amazing, you cant compare it to anything else, just amazing. Grishgrub>> well i like to think that it's easier to build it from a solid base structure. some shapes are too hard to do with plasticard
Fly up ya stoopid gitz!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Looking gud. The single jet is a nice design. Tail looks a bit small. Keep uz posted :thumbs
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Quase

Quase

Big Mek

• Nobz
  • 4,200 posts
  • Army Name:Da Klan ov da Golden Teef
You already knoo I likes the grin :yes The check-pattern is supersweet too, and will be so much easier to paint (beleive me, I know since I've already done both) I like the work on the tail, but maybe make two "fins" at either end? A bit like on my tail-section (I know I will be reproducing that on my wings). It will make the tail look even more beefy. Since you've got the FW-one too, I'm curious... are the sizes approx. the same?
Roight, any questions?
Yes?
Too bad!
It be time to WAAAGH!

Quase -

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
I pretty sure the 1/48 scale ThunderBolt is about the size of the FW Ork Bomba. That why I added the R2D2 SluggaBot to mine. ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Grekum Slamfist

Grekum Slamfist

'Ard Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 842 posts
  • Army Name:The Wrekkaz
Nice grin! lol Dat planes ready ter crunch some jettin' umies! Were those squares annoying to cut out and glue?? The armour is really well placed, I especially like the tailwing! Jobs a gud un so far! P.S. What does IMOHO mean?
WAAAGH DA DEFFSULLS!
Quote of the week #1
QUOTE(Grekum Slamfist @ Oct 15 2006, 08:19 AM) View Post

Well I got a!.... a new um... a ... uhhh... ahem. I got a new...!!!....hmmm....what did I get... I dont think I got anything :sowhat ....HMPH!.... I got a new binbag.... :blush