Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pt general use list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Orky-Dave

Orky-Dave

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
  • Army Name:variable

hello  fellow bosses.

please allow me to submit my list for your inspection and review.

any suggestions are welcome, as what i don't have i can probably make.

battalion detachment (+3 cp)

Da Boys of Da Grim Dark.

Ghaz

Wierdboy with warpath ( unconventional i know but bear with me)

Dark Stridas mob 

Darkstrida -nob with power klaw and kustom shoota

19 slugga boys

8 shoota boys

2 big shootas

Franken-ork and his ladz

Franken-ork  -nob with power klaw and kustom shoota

19 slugga boys

8 shoota boys

2 big shootas

Gorbagz boyz 

Gorbag -nob with power klaw and kustom shoota

19 slugga boys

8 shoota boys

2 big shootas

Da Arrrgh Wotchit!  gunship

dakka jet with 6 super shooters

St morks traveling surgery

Vanguard detachment (+1 cp)

Big mek St mork

big mek with KFF

Dok Feelgood.

Painboy

Dok Stange 

painboy

Da Chozen uv da proffit

nob with waagh banner

Da Bruuvers goff

spearhead detachment (+1 cp)

Da Brainy Goff

Big mek with KFF

Da Big goff

morkanaut with KFF

Da Bad goff

deff dread with 2 x skortcha

Ride da lightnin

zap gunn

the basic idea is just a horde of 90 boys  rush forward, trying to keep as many boys under the KFF bubbles and within the Painboy bubbles.

the Dakka jet, morkanaut and dread basically act as big scary distractions allowing the orks to reach the enemy lines and, well do their thing.

its not a big plan and its not particularly clever, but it does damn well work.

any suggestions for improvement?

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Replace the zaap gun with a KMK.  KMK is probably our best ranged anti tank at the moment.  Drop the 6 big shootas from the boyz mobz if you need points.  Can also see bout upgrading one of the painboyz to mad doc.  Bit tougher and hits harder then your standard painboy, and fluffy since you have ghazzy in your army.

Orky-Dave

Orky-Dave

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
  • Army Name:variable

you make some interesting points. and on closer inspection i think i will take your advice

my only not for taking the mad dok was because i thought he had the same rules as the painboy re healing, ie limited to clan specific but now i take a closer look and i realize he doesn't discriminate.

now i have to build me a new dok YAY

what would you think to this, swapping the power claw and kustom shoota on the Nobs in the boys mob, with Kombi skorchas and big choppers?

a nob only has 3 attacks base, (4 with green tide, 5 with gaz and 6 with warpath admittedly)

but i have found that what was almost a no brainer of the claw over the axe in previous editions is not so clean cut in this version.

pluss the change to an axe allows me sufficient pints to take the kombi skorcha , which is just gold

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,481 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

The axe is quite good currently.  Kombiskorchas are AMAZING.  I would point out that we are most likely going to see a point drop on claws when chapter approved (and the codex comes out) to bring us in line with CSM and Beakies, which had a large points drop on their powerfists.  So if possible, magnetize those arms :)