Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guess what i just bought!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

OrkEk

OrkEk

'iz grot won da Big Race!!!

• Grotz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:------
JUst got Da Roolz book and Da uvver book! Looks like a great game, however I wonder about one thing: Are the templates the same size as the 40k ones? I've heard that the skorcha template is a bit bigger, and if it is, could anyone scan it and send me?
QUOTE (Snowbeat47 Posted: Dec 10 2004 @ 08:15 PM )
Boshear grinned when he saw the new mek. Finally, a mek who wasn't A. already cyborked beyond recognition or B. totally insane.

That's my Gurgrutz 'es talking about in B :D I'm so proud.

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,488 posts
  • Army Name:Der Red Kobraz
I can't scan it, but I can confirm that the templates are NOT the same. The flamer is bigger... closer to the WHFB one. Flamers aren't very common in Gorka, though, only vehicles can get the, The grenade one is smaller, it is 2" in diameter.

OrkEk

OrkEk

• Grotz
  • 190 posts
Thanks. Ok, but how big is the WH one? Could you give me the dimensions of the skorcha template? :?
Boshear grinned when he saw the new mek. Finally, a mek who wasn't A. already cyborked beyond recognition or B. totally insane.

soylent bob

soylent bob

most klevva materiul knowin' mek

• Nobz
  • 1,570 posts
  • Army Name:depends on wot Zoggin Git's in charge at da time...
If you use the current 40K template, you'll still have tons of fun playing, and the template will seriously look better than a cardboard cutout!
+++If something doesn't fit, hit it with a big hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.+++

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang Gogulk Badazz´ Goff-tribe - Da Beakie-Bustaz
I was thinking about using the current 40k templates. Might be a *problem* for grenades but it´s such a cool game so I think it´s just to use some suitable house rules. The current WHFB templates are now the same as the 40k ones.
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)

OrkEk

OrkEk

• Grotz
  • 190 posts
I'll do that :thumbs . Just wanted the game to be good an proppa ;) .

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,848 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
The 2nd edition starter set of 40k came with a 2" blast template, and a 'heavy flamer' template. I've made some card cut-outs of the flamer and blast template (since I keep losing mine and then tracing the one in the rulebook) and with a little bit of artistic talent, they can look pretty good. I drew the flaming gas on my flame template in pen, getting progressively darker as it goes out from the centre. Looks pretty good.
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Vragnar

Vragnar

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Vragnar's Redskulls

Are the templates the same size as the 40k ones?

I think it's been well covered that they are not.

What we have done is use the "Necromunda" update as a base and made the following "House Rule" changes.

- Scorcha uses the (current) flamer template
- Sustained Dice = D3 shots :dakka

D3 shots for sustained fire means you get less chance of jams but ammo checks do a fair job of putting weapons out of action, so why make it even harder with jam's ;)

If you don't like that rule :) then use D3 round down 0=Jam :)

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang Gogulk Badazz´ Goff-tribe - Da Beakie-Bustaz
Or a D3, 1-2=1 3-4=2 5=3 6= jam. Is that readable..? :/ Anyways, D3 is fine, there will be lots of ammo rolls anyways... :dakka
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)