Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gorkamorka for Dreamcast/PC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

DestroyYouAlot

DestroyYouAlot

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 519 posts
  • Army Name:Waagthrukk's Raiderz
So, I'm a big fan of the Dreamcast console system. I was crushed when it folded, not least because Ripcord Games was developing a Gorkamorka driving/shooting/RPG-type game for PC and Dreamcast. I was lamenting the loss all over again today - I've been on a big Dreamcast kick for the last few days. So, I did a search, and lo and behold - a playable demo was released when the game was still in production!!! How the frag did this escape me? Anyway, I'm downloading it as we speak (it's about 70 megs), and I'll let you all know how it works. :thumbs :dakka
Krak dere 'eads an' take dere Dreads!!! - Deffskull Warboss Waagthrukk Muk Morgog

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,436 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Cool! :D Makes me almost wish I had a DreamCast- ALMOST. :lol

DestroyYouAlot

DestroyYouAlot

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 519 posts
Arrgghgh!!! It doesn't seem to want to work - every time I go to race, it crashes to the desktop. :bleep , :bleep , :bleep ing :bleep ! Sooo tempting, too, there's a pub where you hire Boyz, a Mekshop, a Garage... Crap.

On the brighter side - supposedly, all three of Ripcord Games' projects that were abandoned for Dreamcast are going to be developed for Xbox - and presumably, PC! Gorkamorka on Xbox might just give me a reason to buy one of those... :P *drool*
Krak dere 'eads an' take dere Dreads!!! - Deffskull Warboss Waagthrukk Muk Morgog

Da toy machine

Da toy machine

Shoota Boy

• Grotz
  • 255 posts
the gorkamorka game was sposed to be released on x box after the dreamcast market collapsed, but like halo2 it sits in development despite having release dates, its also rumored that this maybe released for x box 2, which would mean you could get a better console if u wait, but then theres no set date for that either! annoying is an understatement

Waghboss Gutzmakka

Waghboss Gutzmakka

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
  • Army Name:Da 1st Panza Dragoons
Whoa whoa whoa... hold up! Wheres the link DestroyYouAlot? tsk tsk tsk, leaving us in the dark....

lKlIlClKIlN'lGlRlOlTlSl My anti-drug

DestroyYouAlot

DestroyYouAlot

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 519 posts
Oops! :blush Soory, Boyz, here it is - hope it works better for you than it did for me. Gorkamorka Racing

Golancers49

Golancers49

Grot Rigger

• Grotz
  • 173 posts
i hope it works for mac

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,065 posts
DestryYouAlot - Thanks for the link - I'll try it when I get access to my faster computer. What system are you running? Maybe that is why it crashes... BTW I Absolutly LOVE my DC. Wouldn't trade it for nothing.
It's not the size of your dakka, it's wot you do with it.

DestroyYouAlot

DestroyYouAlot

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 519 posts
Right? I just fixed the one I had (and the one I bought for parts), and grabbed Soul Calibur and Tony Hawk 2. Love my DC, I just need to track down Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon, and maybe Dead or Alive 2. Great, great system. My PC was ballsy enough when this demo came out, I think it's just broken-ish. Can anybody else get this to work?

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,065 posts
I'll download it tonight and see what happens... I've also got Soul caliber (Wicked fighting game), NFL 2K, NBA 2K, NHL 2K. Crazy Taxi (the reason I bought the system), and Tony Hawk 1. Mostly these I've found on eBay in cheap lots since it is very hard to find the games in my area. But now I'm going to start to downlaod them though.

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Mekboy Wee Dakka

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,065 posts
Mmm.. Seems like I can't download it from the site. Oh well, we'll just have to wait until it comes out for X-Box.

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
This demo came out 3 years ago. It's horrible, the graphics are horribly dated(even by DC standards!), the polycounts are pathetic and textures look like complete shite. Have I mentioned that this game has no gameplay? I'm not joking or anything here! You're trapped in a circuit driving around in circles shooting rockets out of your multi-melta gun on the buggy. You can't win, there's no laps or anything like a racing game, and shooting is incredibly boring. Plus the game is so damn buggy it's not even funny, not to mention the complete lack of a physics engine. THIS GAME IS WORSE THAN COUNTER-STRIKE! DON'T WASTE 10 MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE PLAYING THIS GARBAGE GAME.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

Da toy machine

Da toy machine

Shoota Boy

• Grotz
  • 255 posts
well that pretty much sumsthat up then

chuk

chuk

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 158 posts
i don't know if i'd say its as bad as guru's RANT implies.

the demo doesn't offer much, driving a buggy around in a loop shooting rockets.

however it does look like there was going to be a lot more content inthe actual game.

if you poke around in the menus you can see what was going to be offered.

however i must say it looks truer to gorkamorka than DoW is to 40k
------------------------------------------

aol = internet for dummies

my section of...

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
Geez I dunno, this game has nothing to do with gorkamora. I've never played gorkamorka, but I'm quite positive it wasn't a racing game in a closed circuit. Doesn't matter anyways since it's been cancelled 2 years ago. And yes it's bad, this game would get HORRIBLE reviews anyways. The game was incredibly amateur.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 1,027 posts
  • Army Name:Gor-Grim's Boyz (need a new name)
now you cant even download the demo! geez! ahwell,i'll wait for DoW instead :biggrin I played a game of gorkamorka awhile ago,and when i played it it WASN'T racing around an enclosed circuit.
1000th post on Tues 14th Nov 2006

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
that game is a dog. Its just a crude shoot'em up with lousey graphics. It could have been so much more, alas and alackaday.
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Kodek

Kodek

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,142 posts
  • Army Name:No army at present...
What, Dawn of War?!?!? If so, I believe you are horribly mistaken my friend!

Rip-tooth

Rip-tooth

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
  • Army Name:don't know yet

I'll download it tonight and see what happens...

I've also got Soul caliber (Wicked fighting game), NFL 2K, NBA 2K, NHL 2K. Crazy Taxi (the reason I bought the system), and Tony Hawk 1.

Mostly these I've found on eBay in cheap lots since it is very hard to find the games in my area. But now I'm going to start to downlaod them though.

i was going to get a dream cast for the street fighter 3 series. but they are releasing it on ps2 now. so i will just get it then. :dakka (no, there was no reason for the dakka, but it looks cool.)

Killgore

Killgore

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
I got a Dreamcast, and Street Fighter 3 Alpha was great on it (2v1 gamemode was fun ^_^ ), and SoulCaliber 1 was exselent, one of my fav beat-em ups ever (I liked the arcade mode on Ultra hard). shame about GorkaMorka though :search .