Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freeks - New Ork Boxed Game?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

OLDGUN

OLDGUN

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts

There's a Japanese pictogram (?) for 'ork' - WOW :thumbs

Just 'High speed combat in the 41st millennium ' in English. :biggrin

'In 41st millennium, buggies drive you ' in Russian? ;)

this japanese translate is awesome

"爆走集團の戰鬥" = The battle of  speed gang member

the word they use is punning

"暴走集團" in japan is a some kind of biker gang but not just that.

read this   https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Bōsōzoku

"暴走" means running-out-of-control (as of a vehicle), and also means through someplace with violence(暴=violence, power, force 走=walk, though)

the interesting thing is the different between "暴" and "爆"

"爆" means blast or explode and also means bomb.

"爆走集团" is full of Local culture  

"group of bikers and mad driver with extreme violence and big explosive"

genius!

• warhead01, Dim_Reapa, Nefairius and 5 others like this

Warboss Gordrog

Warboss Gordrog

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gordrog

We now have sprue pics! (Can't seem to add link - anyway, they are available at war of sigmar - coloured plastic, *2 of each colour, possible scenery piece and two large and 3 or 4 smaller oval bases) Doubtless better pictures will emerge as the day goes on.

• warhead01 and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

sBQVdhy.jpg

• Penelope the Wonder Pony and Warboss Gordrog like this

Warboss Gordrog

Warboss Gordrog

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gordrog

Cheers Skumdreg (although I am jealous of your obvious technological superiority to me. Clearly I'm a Snakebite).

• Skumdreg likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers for that, it is a bit blurry but there's at least enuff bits for four buggies I reckon, though I can't see that much in the way of alternative build options straight out of the box. It'd be nice if the 'scenery'(?) was a mek shop wiv spare bitz and gubbins includedYBjAmFP.jpg

Ha, spent too long typing an' Skumdreg beat me to it - still, mine's bigga :lol  

• Warboss Gordrog likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

UojVK8O.jpg

• Warboss Gordrog likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

The leaks look kinda staged. XD i can tell you from my tripsmin vietnam thatbin a span of 5 seconds you can get at least 1 good photo. XD

The 4 bases though make me hopeful for a lot of stuff in this box.

greggles

greggles

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,635 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Most likely GW leaks.  They always purposefully blur the photos.

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 902 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
So like... that looks like a new model, right? I've only ever built wun trukk, but those parts don't look familiar to me. Someone who's built lots of trukks wanna weigh in?
"Parry the 6!"

Lexington

Lexington

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

It's definitely not an existing sprue!

"Gargrazz knew the importance of the dramatik paws, so he had been silent in mid-sentance for over three hours now."
- "Ork Story Bitz" by Chris Hutchings

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

Gw is now hiding the posts on their fb. Interesting...

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,267 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

So like... that looks like a new model, right? I've only ever built wun trukk, but those parts don't look familiar to me. Someone who's built lots of trukks wanna weigh in?

Ya still looking at the board on yez phone? :lol

The red sprue looks as though it'll make the red car in the foreground of the box artwork - the outer rear wheels are moulded into the rear wings of the bodywork (looks as though getting them apart without completely trashing the wings will be a 'scalpel blade in an electric soldering iron' job).

The yellow sprue is less clear (but at least all the wheel bits are separate) but I'd guess it'd make the yellow car in the artwork. Haven't seen any of the bits before on anything  :thumbs

• jackdoud and Garslag like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
Almost like the backmof the box would have been the best thing to take a picture of. :P
  • warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,368 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Gw is now hiding the posts on their fb. Interesting...

Well it is out there now. I can still see that post but I posted there. Maybe they just wanted the smallest of leaks but I think posting on their page was a mistake. 

There's a thing this weekend so maybe they'll have more to show off then.

What would actually interest me, if I knew how to look in to such things, would be the picture metadata. Probably has a date the picture was taken in it and maybe a location too. 

Or not.

On deployment we had to be careful about pictures because the metadata could potentially give away location information. But with a quick search I have no idea just what factors are involved beyond some cameras will list themselves as the device used. in that. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
If you look on the public timeline all the fb posts are hidden but you can still see it if you have a direct link or notification. Like a shadow ban. Well it wasn't me who leaked it but wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the guy who did. XD

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
Here is something from this blog thingy:

Soooooo, eventually it surfaces, I’ve heard about this in one form or another for the best part of 2 years, I was getting worried when it was taking so long and “gretchinz” turned up.....
So what have I heard about this...
1/ it’s a self contained game, kind of a cross between dark future and gorkamorka but with a new twist.
2/ there will be a campaign type system for upgrading buggies and drivers etc. I don’t know if these are in the box or through a supplement/white dwarf.
3/ the buggies, the classic (ancient) buggy has had a total revamp and is unrecognisable now, however.... the buggies in this box set might not be the actual buggies that form the main release for 40k, they might be kind of like an “easy to build” type version. I heard the new buggy kit is THE most kustomisable kit that GW has ever done, with talk of wheels and tracks and bits to make scorchas etc as well as brand new variants.
4/ warbikes, trukks and even helicopters might be usable in the game, though not straight out of the box.
5/ at one time there was talk of extending the game with different tracks, legendary vehicles and drivers but I think this may have been canned.
I am super excited for this, and will pick up more than one box for sure

https://war-of-sigma.../bloggings/3193
  • warhead01 and jackdoud like this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,368 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

If you look on the public timeline all the fb posts are hidden but you can still see it if you have a direct link or notification. Like a shadow ban. Well it wasn't me who leaked it but wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the guy who did. XD

It was the Grot Orderly I think.

It is out there and we're talking about it now.  maybe that'll get some of the cryrants off their back for a few days. 

If there is any further activity on that post I'll plop it in over here. 

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts
The fact they are now hiding the post when earlier they were joking with the posters makes it seem like they also thought it was official but then were suddenly told it wasn't.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,038 posts

Hmmmm, interesting 

2nmPAlY.jpg

• warhead01, Lexington, jackdoud and 3 others like this

Lexington

Lexington

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Bikes and Boyz look normal, if...y'know, red. Seems to put the kibosh on any "all Orks are getting redone" rumors.

• warhead01 likes this
"Gargrazz knew the importance of the dramatik paws, so he had been silent in mid-sentance for over three hours now."
- "Ork Story Bitz" by Chris Hutchings