Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,048 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers for the response Giga and apologies for the delay in answering - been trying to get stuff worth posting done but mainly making virtually no progress but a lot of scrap :bang (don't think mega armour was designed for sitting down in, or for riding warbikes >: ).

P.S. A Warlord Titan banner would easily make the "ridiculously oversized" classification.  ;)

Hur hur - I fink FW sells titan bits :D

Started work on the two twin rokkit launcha turrets for my skull'amma

IMG_2076.jpg

L-R Radius arm for one side of the 'ball' turret (other arm's already fitted to the uppy/downy bit that the 'gunner' sits in), next to that is the assembled part Milliputted ball turret - the brass rod is there to make sure that the Milliput bosses have holes through them that line up correctly, once both sides have been done the rod will be replaced by two smaller rods so as the gunner can sit in the middle. Then there's the part 'putted 'turret' that will have the ball turret rotating 'up' and 'down' in it (again the rod through the middle will be replaced by two shorter bits) and at far right there's the bits of the turret part assembled hopefully showing the bits that have gone into them. 

I've used tinplate 'coz it's what I've got - it can all be duplicated in plasticard if blocks of sprue are used to reinforce the glued edges and the 'ball' turret is pretty much the same thing as a gun mantlet ('cept bigga, wiv an ork in it :lol ).

In other news

IMG_2079.jpg

I've redesigned the new spare trukk engine a bit so it's about Wazzy sized and rooted out a back 'wheel' for it and I'm mostly done with Wazzy's mega armour - see if I can get stuff worth photo-ing tomorrow :cheers

• kreell and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 371 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I looked at all the tin & Milliput, read the paragraph, and thought?  :?  Went out to work in my much too large garden, and came back to reread your thread. It took me a moment, but then I figured out how it all went together. Duh!, the big rod was throwing me off.  :blush  Should work well, I hope the conical towers will fit (where's that fingers crossed emoji?). Years ago, I took a tour of the Garber Restoration facility. They restore all the planes for the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum there. The tour guide took us by a ball turret on display, and remarked that WWII ball turret gunners were the smallest men in their squadrons. Ball turrets also retracted up into the bomber for landing (at least they did on U.S. bombers). I like your Orky version better than a weedy 'oomie one.

I like the trukk engine, it looks like something that will make some serious power.  :love As much as I like the GW trukk kit, I have always thought that the engine could use a little help. The rear trakk drive is a piece of art, well done!!  :thumbs  :thumbs Wazdakka should be racing around the battlefield in style.  :yes

"Hur hur - I fink FW sells titan bits  :D " They do, and they sell transfer sheets. The sheet entitled 'Titan Transfer Sheet' is the one I believe you will want. Alternatively, appropriate images are floating around the internet, just waiting to be downloaded.  ;)

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 749 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
This is gonna be great. First I note with enthusiasm that it's gonna be real Wazdakka you're building (i.e. before Chambers stripped him of his mega armour), and then DAT ENGINE! This Wazdakka will make Jazgob and Zhadsnark look like grots riding tricycles... which is just the way it should be :)
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,048 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

see if I can get stuff worth photo-ing tomorrow :cheers

:rolleyes

Thanks guys, found the zappgun that came with the battlewaggon I got and had a bit of a play with the gunshield

zappgun.jpg

the turrets worked for a given value of 'worked'

IMG_2092.jpg

Yeah Giga, even the orks in these ball turrets needed cutting down a bit but the turrets are going in the big holes each side of the drivers' cab

IMG_2090.jpg

and it's a sufficiently big wagon that any ork's going to look small anywhere near it :D

IMG_2095.jpg

Well, most orks :lol

• Penelope the Wonder Pony, kreell and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 371 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

The Skullnamma front end is filling in; the hydraulics, and the driver's cupola really help to bulk up the battlefortress' front, the turret towers ought to finish the job.  :yes  Are you planning on some exhaust megaphones for Wazdakka?  :?  They would help finish the powerplant, and fill in the area over the track drive. Something like the Honda 250 & 350 cc, 6 cylinder, Grand Prix bikes of the mid to late 60's, but more exaggerated ( <http://www.motorcycl...sixcylinder.htm> ).  :thumbs

P.S. you're right, mega armor is not designed for sitting.  ;)