Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are yuz lootin' dis time?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gorsk

Gorsk

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
What conversion projects are folks considering for 8th edition?

I am new to 40k and interested in making an army consisting of walkers and looted vehicles. Mainly, this is a modeling and painting project. But being fun on the table would be nice too. I was hoping to convert a few world war 2 tanks, but without looted wagons, I am unsure of what rules they would use on the table. Battle wagons maybe?

The fliers seem to have many options. Maybe an at-st and trash can mix for a dred?

I suppose I should be patient and hope the death skulls are covered in a codex at some point before going too far in this.

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
I'm taking all my looted wagons as bigtrakks with killkannons, my big trakk with supakannons remain so and my junkas are going to go through a bit of creative thought to make them something.

Anyone else a bit surprised bigtrakks get stuff like the supascorcha this ed when FW don't make a model for it?

Gitgrod

Gitgrod

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Genral Gitgrods Blitzbrigade

Does seem odd when you consider we can't have junkas because of no official model.  Think both of my junkas will end up as big trakks, just as soon as I can remove the KFF's and fit some kind of big gun in their place.  Handily, I have a set of redeemer flamers on hand that should make a good basis for supa skorchas.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,555 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Does seem odd when you consider we can't have junkas because of no official model. 

Just about every model GW makes for every other faction is a junka by the time da boyz have finished with it :rolleyes

• Giganotosaurus and Oddztoof like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 307 posts

I don't have any ideas that have popped in specifically because of 8th ed, though I want to convert a few Goliaths as trukks.  Mostly, I'm just eager to get back to work on other projects I've had on my desk for ages. 2017 so far has not left me any time to do any hobby work: I haven't even touched a model since January :(

TechMek

TechMek

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 87 posts
  • Army Name:Party Wagon Patrol

I have plans to turn a riptide into a meka dread cause who doesnt want a looted gundam zipping about.