Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deffz 'Eadz project pics

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
  • Army Name:Deffz Eadz

Hey all, I was hoping to use this space to put up pics of stuff I have done, ongoing projects, and step by steps of new ones in the works.  I have been very inspired by many of you on this board :)  Pictured below are some recent projects including a kitbashed nob with waaagh banner, slightly modified weirdboy kitbash, custom big/mek gunz, and a battlewagon as well.

R0b1sxY.jpgESjuebl.jpg1ywV2ij.jpgpNF4iZj.jpgtt3pmlj.jpgCOKMxeu.jpgTZ6mI9E.jpgDBDNInl.jpgGz4UOs5.jpg3tDNeH1.jpg

• warhead01, Orkimedez, Zagursnik and 6 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,626 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Whites are a bit brighter than we're used to seeing but there's some very nice konversions and paintwork there  :thumbs Welcome to Da Waagh!

• Giganotosaurus and Deffz Ead like this

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

Thank you :) I have been playing with the bright white as it if was just a thick layer of white paint slapped on. 

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 203 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Like the conversion work. :love I'm a big fan of the dark & dirty look too. :thumbs Of course everything looks better in red, especially evil sunz scarlet, though rosso corsa :love is my personal favorite. I can see & understand the effect you are trying to create, but the areas you are painting are small when compared to the rest of the model. Depending on the color it is adjacent to, the same color will appear different. Even off-whites will look much brighter when matched up with darks & reds. Try starting with a darker base like one of the bone colors, and then ad a bright white wash or glaze. Great work! 

• Deffz Ead likes this

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

Like the conversion work. :love I'm a big fan of the dark & dirty look too. :thumbs Of course everything looks better in red, especially evil sunz scarlet, though rosso corsa :love is my personal favorite. I can see & understand the effect you are trying to create, but the areas you are painting are small when compared to the rest of the model. Depending on the color it is adjacent to, the same color will appear different. Even off-whites will look much brighter when matched up with darks & reds. Try starting with a darker base like one of the bone colors, and then ad a bright white wash or glaze. Great work! 

Thank you for the input.  I have been using Ulthuan Grey as the white, but will start trying to work with some washes on it, or start with ushabti bone, wash and highlight from there to a lighter color if needed.

Gitgrod

Gitgrod

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Genral Gitgrods Blitzbrigade

Love the warpaint.  Do agree with others about the white bitz, its a bit stark.  Maybe give rivets and such like a few rusty washes at least.

Garslag

Garslag

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 580 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I was actually going to compliment you on the white skull-like face markings. Surprised to see that others have an issue with that! Possibly you could dirty up the white patches on the vehicles, which won't have had a tub since Ghazghkull was a boy, but i wouldn't touch the face paint
"Parry the 6!"

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Captain Zero's Steampunk Orks
I also like your white as is, but to each their own. :)

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

Thank you all for the input.  I will add some washes and I agree, I like the facepaint as is :)  Stay tuned.

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts

This is good stuff!  I especially like those eyes on the deff dread, they're great!  Some nice blending used there!

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

A few new conversions I have done, the Orruk Warboss was heavily inspired by Walheim's awesome Kapn Blootongue awesome conversion I saw on The-Waaagh.  Trying to find a good way to host pictures, sorry in advance that these are huge.  The photobucket pictures I used before appear to expire.  Anyone have any tips on photo solutions?

JqArAwG.jpg3HLXvmh.jpgeYKSoAl.jpgS4nwKfR.jpgqHUznNw.jpgaIFnLuY.jpgxNuXhVo.jpgxzamiAe.jpg

• Zagursnik, myth, Badfang Brassaxe and 3 others like this

Mek-boy

Mek-boy

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Spam and Cheese Sandwich
They look great, i been using imgur for photos, I find it much easier than photo bucket was to use.
  • Deffz Ead likes this
"...and den I waz like, Nah keep the KFF, I don't giv a grots arse 'bout dem Gitz, gime the SAG so I can Blast Dem zoggin' Beakies to Smivereens !"

FOUL BOWL - Blood Bowl tournement in South Wales

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

Supa Skorcha magnetized to swap in to a Big Trakk.

MhqGCxz.jpgBnxfKr9.jpgfUxt3hT.jpg

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 580 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

A few new conversions I have done, the Orruk Warboss was heavily inspired by Walheim's awesome Kapn Blootongue awesome conversion I saw on The-Waaagh.  Trying to find a good way to host pictures, sorry in advance that these are huge.  The photobucket pictures I used before appear to expire.  Anyone have any tips on photo solutions?
JqArAwG.jpg3HLXvmh.jpgeYKSoAl.jpgS4nwKfR.jpgqHUznNw.jpgaIFnLuY.jpgxNuXhVo.jpgxzamiAe.jpg

These are fantastic and I don't even know why. They're simple conversions but they look completely 40k-ised, at least to my eye. The paint job may havea good deal to do with this? Anyway, The mega-armour boss is my absolute favorite, but the bottom guy runs a close second.
  • Zagursnik and Deffz Ead like this
"Parry the 6!"

Arueda333

Arueda333

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
Yes looks amazing. Quick question for you how did you prime them? White? Black? Grey? I ask because I have a similar paint scheme with my Goffs...bring back the red. I currently have used Black but been hard to get a nice dark red going. Was thinking of possible changing up to a Grey or White Prime. Also was looking at zenhtial priming. I also might be thinking about it to much. Thank you.
  • Deffz Ead likes this

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

Yes looks amazing. Quick question for you how did you prime them? White? Black? Grey? I ask because I have a similar paint scheme with my Goffs...bring back the red. I currently have used Black but been hard to get a nice dark red going. Was thinking of possible changing up to a Grey or White Prime. Also was looking at zenhtial priming. I also might be thinking about it to much. Thank you.

I prime white and have painted everything except for the metals and a few other things with washes/shades.  For vehicles or mega armored things I prime black and then prime the bits I want to use washes on white.

Deffz Ead

Deffz Ead

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts

A grot in mega armor inspired from a grot rebellion army I came across on another forum.  Hes actually taller than a meganob.  I also put up pictures of a Big Mek in mega armor that I built the other day with magnetized KFF/Tellyporty gun.  After painting the Big Mek I will get back onto painting my core army.  I have about 30 boys done, 20 gretchin, and a few vehicles and HQ's aside from warbosses.  I will try to put pictures back in to replace the broken links up top.lJ7oSnf.jpgdwl5pxf.jpgVIzV6YW.jpggSAo69f.jpgWQoP1HL.jpggaI1hKB.jpgyzrFabR.jpg