Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Zsoulless' PainBoy W.I.P.

* * * * * 2 votes Zsoulless green stuff Painboy Cybork Sculpt Scratch built

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

PICs Start Up again on Page 2... just push past photobuckets fun 3rd party hosting tags..

Ive been jumping all over the place on this project..

Before I get too far.. Here is the early rough start on my painboy sculpt

DSC05027_zpsoxyqqer5.jpg

• Redtoof, Mad Grot Docsnik, Orkimedez and 5 others like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Nicely done. I always love the detail you get in your sculpts. Would love to see a higher resolution pic if you could. My old eyes don't do as well as they used to.

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

Nice to see you MGD!

I have to lay down a lot more details wearing jewelers goggles these days myself...  :blush

I will add some higher res pics once I get some details on the boy..  He's still rough  yet..

• Zagursnik likes this

Oddztoof

Oddztoof

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
  • Army Name:Oddz Ramshackled Gits

Jewelers goggles, ya say? May have to try that out.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Good start Zsoulless, complete overkill on improving on GWs' MDG figure :lol

Sadly my eyeballs are now in the same boat - these are pretty good Oddztoof http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3d342a18a3

• Oddztoof likes this

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

DSC05030_zpsamptalz2.jpg

• DocNuK, PeaceCraft, Zagursnik and 5 others like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts

I've not seen that boarboss before. He's huge in comparison to the painboy. Were you aiming for a larger scale with him? He's lovely. Love the pig too. You've really done a great job of imparting a sense of motion.

I'd seen the early stages of the minotaur before. Good to see some more progress. Doing that much fur has got to be a :bleep ing :bleep !

What does the skull festooned staff thing in the lower left belong to?

I gotta say, your skills, while always impressive, have improved even so. If someone's not paying you to do this stuff full-time by now, they should be.

Keep posting pics. It brightens my day.

:cheers

• Zagursnik and Zsoulless like this

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Your work is so consistently amazing that we can just about gloss over that part of the response and take it as read.
This face is my favourite of all the boyz you've posted lately. Shades of the old Perry (?) orks' faces, only better.
"Parry the 6!"

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

Thank you, All!

I started the boarboss over in the gobbo's forge..  He and the minotaur are both my pet projects.. The world needs hairy minotaurs.. Sadly They have both been sitting waiting for me to figure out how I want to finish them.. I came up with a pattern to lay down most of the fur.. He still needs me to go in and add patches or longer hair to his knees, elbows, and back... The staff was created while I was trying to figure out how I would outfit him(I'm still not sure)..He has 2-3 sets of weapon now.. 

Thank you again for you commments and support.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Zagursnik like this

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

DSC05047_zpsfc3uw0on.jpg

• Zagursnik, jackdoud, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

DSC05065_zpswausp8fo.jpg

• Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe, Giganotosaurus and 1 other like this

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Suction Foot

• Boyz
  • 591 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
That is amazing work.

Does anyone know of a set of jeweler's goggles that you can wear over spectacles?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,740 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

What sort of eye defect are you wearing glasses for - in most cases the jewellers goggles don't need to be worn over glasses because they have their own lenses and are intended for close work only :? Having said that, the ones I linked to earlier can be worn over glasses if required as long as the glasses aren't so large as to interfere with the 'sight picture'.

PS - Nice bootlace Zsoulless :thumbs

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

https://www.amazon.c...ewelers goggles

Fit over glasses just fine..

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Good to see you back at it. These monsters are lovely :love

For the Doc, is that oversized fang supposed to be like an add on from something else bolted to his jaw bone? Because that's a great piece of detail. Does it stick out past the under part of the plate holding it? (if that's what it is)

Are those hobnails on the front of the soles of his boots or just unfinished bit of GS, cuz , hobnails are badass.

I really like the suture work on this torso wound. How its sorta tight at the top then loosens as it goes down to where worky bitz & guts were jammed back in & they're trying to get out again.

:thumbs all around.

• Zsoulless likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

The Toof Implant((ork plastic surgery/looks natural does'nt it))...??.. Yes it extends below the metal bracket bolting it in place..

Those are spiked treads.. I have a ton of detailing yet to do..

DSC05070_zpspjdzfwlg.jpg

Working on his hand this morning, over coffee, before I have to go attack the lawn..

• armored walker, Oddztoof and ragi like this

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

DSC05074_zpsa8w9tuoa.jpg

• Mad Grot Docsnik, DocNuK, Garslag and 2 others like this

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

Tacked together a quick composition pic Before I run away from my desk for a week..

I have a stack of fiddly bits piled up waiting to come together...

DSC05081_zpsgarhefcn.jpg

No Ork left Behind..

Enjoy the tacked together mess..

C&C always welcome.

• ragi likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
His hand is very big. I guess that's pretty common on modern orks (and the old ones, come to think of it), but it's unusual for you. It's not bad, it's just surprising to me.

I'd like to see a little more detail to the bionic leg, which I'm guessing is still wip. Some cables or some of those little spiky bits they put on everything these days?

I'm still in love with that face. Far and away my favourite of all the ork faces I've seen you post to date.
  • Zsoulless likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts

@Garslag - If I'm seeing it right his fingers are extended with bionic clawz/pokey bitz. Or at least that was my assumption.

Pretty clear that 'e's getting annuva mechanical arm of some sort. Would be cool if some of it was organic. Having said that the newly added upper appendage looks like he's got half a boy with a slugga strapped to his back to cover his six. :lol I know that's an illusion due to the single camera angle picture, but it's stuck in my head now.

• Zsoulless likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zsoulless, green stuff, Painboy, Cybork, Sculpt, Scratch built