Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH! Gar 'Un Mek-Klaws WIP-athon

* * * * * 3 votes bloodaxe wip looted tank Looted tank Mek junka Blood axe ork Mekboy

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
For the first time ever here's a group shot of my mek mob!

20160325_130121.jpg
  • warhead01 likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 305 posts

this is really well done.  I especially like the mek...second from the right?  The one with the yellow wire.  What gun is that?

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

this is really well done.  I especially like the mek...second from the right?  The one with the yellow wire.  What gun is that?

This one?

20160325_130218.jpg

It's a gun from the Kataphron Battle Servitors kit with parts from a nobz back piece (the one with the gorkamorka kannon in a pouch), i bought a set to convert into grot tanks and it has been an unending source of Mekboy bitz ever since.
  • Stekkos and Da Green One like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 305 posts

oh nice!  yeah a friend of mine has that box, and it definitely seems like a ton of conversion potential.

• FlamingWalnut likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 546 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Wow, he's cool. He's got that, "I been tinkering in the workshop all week and now I'm gonna bring every single thing I built to the battle with me" look about him.
  • Garr likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
I've been working on him for well over a year and i think he's about 90% there now, he also has a couple of grot spotters that hang out in his crowsnest.

Also pictured are two bossnobz for my shootaboyz.

Spoiler

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
Ok, so more progress on my warlord:

20160330_175937.jpg

20160330_175643.jpg

20160330_175809.jpg
  • Itinerate Ork, Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe and 1 other like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 305 posts

the use of a dreadnought arm for a PK is a great choice.  Did you just greenstuff the officer's kap?

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

the use of a dreadnought arm for a PK is a great choice.  Did you just greenstuff the officer's kap?

The cap is greenstuff with a plasticard visor, i advise against greenstuff visors whenever asked.

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

The cap is greenstuff with a plasticard visor, i advise against greenstuff visors whenever asked.

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

• Garr likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,553 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Very nicely done, just love his two grot spotters :thumbs

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 350 posts

Nice conversion (Ghazhkhull as the base, right?) and impressive work on the paint so far. I particularly like the weathering on the metal on the finished models and look forward to seeing how it comes together on the Warboss.

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
Yeah he's based on an old metal Ghaz model, a few substitutes and a massive banner, simple really. ; )

A bit off topic but he had his first game today, munched through a squad of sternguard and battle servators and was rampaging right up to when the game was called on turn four, no Ultramarines survived the battle which ended with a crushing ork victory!

A good first outing in my book.
  • Itinerate Ork likes this

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
Da Great White dakka wagon turret completed (after at least a year) and ready to prime).

Spoiler

• Big Mek Rekkcrasha likes this

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts
Painting started!

20160405_091855.jpg
  • Da Green One likes this

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

Okay, so i probably won't be able to update finished mini thread this month as April is a month of building for a massive 30k game in which waaagh Mek-Klaw will form the bulk of the ork force, however this'll be great for my WIP thread!

Here's some pics of one of my junkas that i'm sprucing up for the game, i call it da "Zzap Tank":

Spoiler

Armed with three kustom mega blastas and a big zzappa it's the most dangerous vehicle in Da Waaagh!... to it's crew that is, Da Zzap Tank can roll enough gets hots to glance itself to death twice in one turn, that's why all the most dangerous gubbinz are outside and crewed by da grotz.

• warhead01, skarnir, Deffrekka and 1 other like this

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 957 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I wish I could like these more!..er give you more likes!  :biggrin

:thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs  :thumbs

Your boss has an amazing Mek  is amazing!

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Mekaniac

Mekaniac

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Wurrdakka
Human soldiers will remove any sign of rank, so as not to become a target for the enemy. Your boss is wearing a crows nest on his back. I love everything about that.

Also loving the grot on the catwalk outside of the zap tank.

"Da Zzap Tank can roll enough gets hots to glance itself to death twice in one turn"

Might not be effective, but e'll put on a good show.
  • Mekaniac and Garr like this

Garr

Garr

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 178 posts

Just to prove i'm not dead here's what i've been working on for my big game on the first weekend in May, x2 Junkas, x2 looted tanks and assorted mek base coated and ready to roll, just x1 No. looted tank, x1 No. Junka /w grot bombz, x1 buggy and the skullhamma to go!

20160421_175358.jpg

• Zagursnik, Snarknit Grokguzz, Garslag and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloodaxe, wip, looted tank, Looted tank, Mek junka, Blood axe ork, Mekboy