Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Fox Box] Releases and work in progress

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
It's rather nice, ain't it? Darren Sampson drew it but I've got a version setup so the bottom rocker can be changed to whatever chapter name you like. So if you've got one in mind, or several, let me know!
Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
Posted Image Looks like a box of munitions has arrived!

Some Orc infantry weapons it would seem. A few machine pistols and SMGs and some sturdy blades should go a long way to adding some variety. With any luck you guys like 'em:
Posted Image
Fox Box

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
Posted Image It has been a long time coming but it's finally ready for release - the Fox Box Orc Truck Extension.

I don't know about you but I can never fit quite as many greenskins on a truck as I'd like. Hopefully this'll go some way to solving that problem!

It's available with wheels or without. Any 27mm wheels with a 4mm axle bore should fit but if you'd like some chunky wheels with it they're available as an option.

Posted Image
Fox Box

Gavvin

Gavvin

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts
  • Army Name:Name?
That looks really nice! I think I will have to get one these the next time I build a trukk. The only complaint I would have is that the side armor panels look a bit plain. I know you can't add any GW glyphs for copyright reasons and I can always add my own, so it is a very minor complaint.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
I'm trying to decide on whether to give this guy a backpack of some sort. What do you guys think?
Posted Image

The only complaint I would have is that the side armor panels look a bit plain. I know you can't add any GW glyphs for copyright reasons and I can always add my own, so it is a very minor complaint.

I did my best to keep them flat enough to make it easy to add whatever glyphs you feel like. A set of glyphs is actually on my to do list but I need some more designs before I can proceed. If there's any you'd like to see do let me know!
Fox Box

Gavvin

Gavvin

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts
Sure! A backpack with a couple of more grenades sticking out would look good. As far as the glyphs, nothing really springs to mind that would infringe upon GW's copyright.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
Here's another shot:
Posted Image
Annoyingly I've just noticed that his tongue has snapped off again. Curses! He's supposed to be sticking out his tongue as if he's concentrating on getting the shot right!

Sure! A backpack with a couple of more grenades sticking out would look good.

That's what I'm thinking of. The question is though whether I should add one or not. I like how the shirt looks but would it be better to add a satchel or something? Or should I do that on my next RPG gobbo? (I'm planning on trying a number of different clothing styles)

There'd be some more progress on them but it's hard to make warriors without weapons and my goblins are still waiting on an arms shipment!
Posted Image

As far as the glyphs, nothing really springs to mind that would infringe upon GW's copyright.

Did you mean "wouldn't"? It seems like I'm being pedantic but that ain't it! I'm not sure how copyrightable their glyphs are, do you happen to know?
To be safe I'm steering clear but it'd be nice to know whether the concepts are protected or whether it's just the specific sculpts of them.
Fox Box

Gavvin

Gavvin

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts
Yes, I meant "wouldn't". I am no copyright lawyer, but I do know that GW ruthlessly protects their IP. Whether it would be legal or not to make a generic teeth glyph or lightning glyph does not mean that GW won't send you a Cease and Desist. If you stand by your right to produce them, expect to go to court to prove it. GW has often used court as a way of forcing out of business those who don't have the money to fight them.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts

Yes, I meant "wouldn't".

I am no copyright lawyer, but I do know that GW ruthlessly protects their IP. Whether it would be legal or not to make a generic teeth glyph or lightning glyph does not mean that GW won't send you a Cease and Desist. If you stand by your right to produce them, expect to go to court to prove it. GW has often used court as a way of forcing out of business those who don't have the money to fight them.

Yeah, I've been following the ChapterHouse case over on DakkaDakka. I actually checked with some lawyers with regards to my truck extension kit to ensure I was in the clear. Glyphs are a little trickier though as they exist both as published illustrations and physical models. I'm pretty sure some published glyphs have never appeared as actual models though. There's also some glyphs that don't have a defined meaning, like this one from the Battlewagon:
Posted Image
Fox Box

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
that liddle guy needs a backpack with spare rokkitz !!

WaaaghBoss Grimgog

WaaaghBoss Grimgog

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grimgog ug Blitzbad
Holy khao man...that's amazing.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts

that liddle guy needs a backpack with spare rokkitz !!

Right-o! I shall take the expert's advice ;)

Amusingly the rockets on the sprue are the right scale for the weapon but look kinda nuts when next to a goblin due to their weird proportions.
Posted ImagePosted Image

So I'm going to have to trim them as otherwise they look like this!
Posted Image

I'm toying with the idea of a spotter/loader to keep him company. What do you guys think?

Holy khao man...that's amazing.

So glad you like it! I'm doing my best to improve!
Fox Box

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,625 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
They don't have to look exactly like 02K RPGs, just cut the back half of the 'stikk' off and it should look fine (only 24" range on them anyway), and I'd try for at least a bit of a depression in the back of the launch tube. Other than that :thumbs

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts

They don't have to look exactly like 02K RPGs, just cut the back half of the 'stikk' off and it should look fine (only 24" range on them anyway)

I'm planning on cutting them down it was just something that made me chuckle. If things are too realistic they don't fit! :D

and I'd try for at least a bit of a depression in the back of the launch tube.

Right-o!
Fox Box

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,625 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

...... If things are too realistic they don't fit! :D

Try using a 1/35 scale heavy machine gun as a big shoota :lol

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
Hello, one and all!

Let's see what's in the box today...

e6CdqNo.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...rilla-fighters/

Hopefully you like 'em.

I should probably include the non greenskin stuff I released recently too:
tQuVq2Pl.jpg
P2RN7p6l.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...um-crusaders-3/

jXC1cRWl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...nd-riot-shield/

MsURekzl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...ith-shock-mace/
Fox Box

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
I've just put up the Goblin Guerrilla Fighters individually:

Hr2RRoFl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...illa-fighter-1/

loyh8Izl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...illa-fighter-2/

INVRPepl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...illa-fighter-3/

Wt3FwKRl.jpg
http://fox-box.co.uk...illa-fighter-4/
Fox Box

Fox Box

Fox Box

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts

Goblins and Sororitas Arcanum are all well and good but I reckon it's about time the Orcs got back into the action. Here's the latest:
HuE9igDl.jpg

They're made up of interchangeable parts:
Nl7UTpOl.jpg

With arms to go with them:
8xmM7qSl.jpg

There's six designs for each part making for a total of 216 combinations (I'm fairly sure of the maths but if not hopefully some clever clogs can correct me.). Hopefully that's enough to get a bit of variety out there   :thumbs 
Get them here:
http://fox-box.co.uk...a-shoota-kit-6/

Fox Box

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada

Nice! I dig the modular weapons!

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts