Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dimensions thread!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce

right, so after seing another 'how big is' thread I figured it'd be good to get a pinned thread with the sizes of all the stock ork vehicles in it, along with chimera chassis, rhino chassis, leman russ and landraider (the 'standard' loots).

one faltering step later and i realised i didn't have many of these vehicles.

thanks to bigmek Gobsmasha and a load of other gitz, we've got these dimensions:

It goes: Tank name,Height,Width and then Length:

Battlewagon: 3" tall without turret, 5" tall to top of turret, 3" wide, 6.5" long
Chimera: 2" tall, 3.6" wide, 4.5" long
Rhino: 2" tall, 3" wide, 5" long
Trukk: 3" tall, 2.5" wide, 5.5" long
Deffdread: 3.5" tall, 2.5" wide (feet)
Killakan: 2" tall, 1.5" wide (feet)
Landraider: 2.5" tall, 5" wide (no sponsons), 6.25" long
Stompa: 9" to top of head 12" to smokestacks 7" wide (bottom of skirt) 7" long (bottom of skirt)
wartrakk: 1" tall without driver/gunner, 1.5" wide, 4" long
Leman Russ: 3" tall to turret, just over 2" tall to tracks, 4" wide without sponsons, 4.75" long
warbuggy: 2" tall to gunners head, just over 2" wide, 3.5" long
fighta/bomma kit: ~22,5cm wide, ~22cm long, hull 18cm.
skorcha kit: Trakk: 3.75"L 1-3/8" W 2.25"H, w/storage tank: 5-7/16" L 1-3/8"W 2.25"H

Gargantuan Squiggoth: 9" tall, 5 1/2" wide, 13" long
bikerboss: 2" tall to head, 1.5" wide, 4" long
big trakk: 2.5" tall, 3 3/8" wide, 6 1/4" long
krusha tanks: 5.5" tall, 4" wide, 8" long
Grot Tanks: 50-60mm wide, 60-70ish mm long and about 55mm high with the turret
grot mega-tank: 2.5" tall without turrets, 5" tall to top of turret, 3" wide, 6.5" long

Mekadread 6" wide (1 gun & 1 CC weapon), 5 1/2" tall (top of exhaust), 2 6/8" long (body + back engine)

Megadread 6" wide (1 gun & 1 CC weapon), 5" tall (top of exhaust), 2 6/8" long (body + back engine)

detailed measurements from 92acclude (thanks, these are really helpful!):

FW Battlefortress: length: 9.5" (237mm)(minus exhaust, including deathrolla) width: 5" (128mm) height: 5" (128mm) track width: .9375" (23mm) width of driver compartment: 2.125" (54mm)

FW Mega/Meka Dread: (all approx and will vary depending on pose) height: 4.5" (115mm) tall width: 5.75" (150mm)(including arms) shoulder-to-shoulder width: 3.5'" (85mm) depth: 2.5" (60mm) front to back (ignoring arms)

FW fighta-bomma (I believe the fighta is smaller) fuselage: 8.5" (215mm) long x 1.25" (32mm) wide x 2.375" (57mm) tall (tallest) 1.375" (37mm) tall (shortest) wingspan: 11" (275mm) wing width:2.5" (60mm) at fuselage — 1.5" (37mm) at wing tip tail span: 6.5' (161mm)

FW Killbursta (including ram) length: 9.5" (237mm) width: 4.5" (112mm) height: 4" (102mm) diameter of barrel: .875" (23mm) bore of gun: .5" (13mm) length of barrel: 1.75" (44mm) (measured from mantlet to muzzle) width of mantlet: 1.625" (41mm) track width: .8125: (21mm) diameter of front wheel: 1.1875"

what we still need:

Gorko/Morkonaught

warbuggy dimensions ding!
wartrakk dimensions ding!

skorcha kit dimensions ding!

leman russ dimensions ding!
width and length of land raider ding!
width of chimera ding!

ForgeWorld stuff (if possible):

mega/mekadread dimensions ding!
big squiggoth dimensions
gargantuan squiggoth dimensions ding!
krusha tanks dimensions (i assume roughly the same) ding!

warkopta dimensions
grot mega tank dimensions ding!
grot tank dimensions (i know they'll vary a bit but roughly) ding!

big trakk ding!

battlefortress ding!
gun wagons

fighta/fightabomma ding!

bikerboss ding!

scale shot with:

grot, boy, nob, meganob, warboss, megaboss(ghazzy) and the special characters if possible ding!
featuring a ruler if possible to give scale.

small conversions that don't change the scale (repositioning, headswaps, banners e.t.c) are fine but preferably nothing to change the scale of the model itself please.

any dimesions you can give will be much appreciated, once i've got all the basic ones i'll be making a table of it to make it easy to read and mad grot says he'll pin it! and we can be rid of 'how big is' questions forever!

well, we'll be able to point them there anyway :lol

• Big Mek Rekkcrasha likes this

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz
Tommorow, I should be able to also measure the wartrakk and warbuggie. ( I may even be able to get one of my mates who plays Beakies to confirm the dimensions of the beakie tanks-don't know any 'umie players though)

wartrakk: about 2" tall
buggie:width bit larger than 2" Height: 22 to gunners 'ead Length: 3 1/2"

Cheers
'smasha

(thanks fox box and Jackdoud we are now ell on the way to getting rid of theses how big is... questions forever!)

("I'm assuming GW haven't suddenly released a new trak kit and we're still using the tiny Gorkamorka era one.".. we wish!)

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Sorry to beat you to it, GobSmasha, but I've got a trak right here. If you've gone one with a gunner on it though, that'd be handy. Wartrak ~4" long (97mm) ~1.5" wide (37mm) Just over 1" tall without a gunner or driver (29mm) I'm assuming GW haven't suddenly released a new trak kit and we're still using the tiny Gorkamorka era one.
Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I don't have a whole land raider :biggrin but I can give you these dimensions: Width: 5" without sponsons, Length: about 6.25", 6.5" with door open, Height: 2.5" minus pintle mounted weapons. Leman Russ: Width: 4" without sponsons, Length: about 4.75", Height: 2.125 to top of treads, about 3" to top of turret

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
thanks for the input so far people! once I've got the size of a skorcha kit and the width of a chimera, i'll put together the table of the basic vehicles, then we can focus on getting the forgeworld stuff sized up! cheers! and keep measuring! :cheers

-BMTK-

ols_faust_17

ols_faust_17

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
FW Biker boss = 3" high (top of klaw) or 2" high (to his head), 1.5" wide, 4" long. I know he's not a tank but he's bigger than a warbuggy!

ols_faust_17

ols_faust_17

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
Oh and a Chimera is about 3.6" wide.

ols_faust_17

ols_faust_17

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
This what you're after regarding model sizes? IMG_0025.JPG Bad light I know and it's on a bit of a slant but it's hard to hold an iPhone and and the measuring tape at the same time. At least they're painted... (cept for Ghazzy, he's undergoing further detailing since I changed his stance).

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
thanks faust! i'll attempt to alter the lighting & slant then put it in the final thread!

-BMTK-

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
I'v beaten you to it BMTK! IMG_0025_1.JPG

Check out my WIP Log

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
dang! ninja'd! so all we need now is sizes for the skorcha - i know it's a pug-ugly model but surely someone has it?

-BMTK-

ols_faust_17

ols_faust_17

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
Sorry, don't have it for afforementioned reasons above, it's a really bad model. Instead, I made my own :) IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Hey Big Mek TK - the Big Trakk model is 6 1/4" / 16cm long, 3 3/8" / 8.5cm wide, and 2 1/2" / 6.5cm tall. Of course that's before you mount a Supa Kannon or what-have-you on it!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
I'm giving this thread a bump, 'cos i've seen an increase in the number of 'how big is' threads recently, and this is still a good thread to finish. the dimensions i still need are in red, the only neccesary one i've got left is the skorcha kit. surely someone bought it? ;) if the bosses think this thread needs to die, feel free to close it.

-BMTK-

Faedother

Faedother

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 54 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Daizes
Ork Skorcha Trakk 3.75"L 1-3/8" W 2.25"H w/storage tank 5-7/16" L 1-3/8"W 2.25"H

Spacecat

Spacecat

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 540 posts
For the record, the Grot Mega-tank's size was already discussed (as virtually identical to a battlewagon's size) in this topic: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=49373
And in this other one, there's a picture of the grot tank filling out a 60mm base nicely... So we can safely estimate it's 50-60mm wide, 60-70ish mm long and about 55mm high with the turret. http://www.the-waaag...p...st&p=618024

Thanks for making this 'dimenshuns' topic, it's definitely useful info, I'm bookmarking this!
Topic for my threats and army: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51463
A recipe for Stormboyz done differently: www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=51279

Spacecat

Spacecat

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 540 posts
I'd like to propose to add dimensions for fortifications in this post... And I'd like to thank Maddamek that quickly tossed me this information:

Aegis is 28" long, made from 5" and 2" pieces (4 of each).

Bastion footprint is little under 6" square, >~8" high (without antennas etc.).

Skyshield is about 1'x1' octagon (that's 1 foot, it have longer and shorter sides, longer are ~6" long) with 2" high "shields". Thing itself is about 3, 1/2" high (without "shields").

That gives us the Aegis defense line, the ole' Bastion and the Skyshield landing pad. Now if we could just get the fortress of redemption's size...
Topic for my threats and army: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51463
A recipe for Stormboyz done differently: www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=51279

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
Bumpity bump. I should be able to post the (rough) dimensions of the big squigotth when I get home. I'll have to estimate howda size though. Cheers 'smasha Edit: IMHO the mega dread looks to be about 2 orkz tall (proper ork measuring!) Also flyer sizes are apparently: ~22,5cm wide, ~22cm long, hull 18cm Edit: (copied from a post on dakkadakka) Fortress of redemption dimensions: Alright, Tower 5" wide at base ~ 4.5" wide at top 14" tall You may want to look at a picture of the bunkers to see what Im talking about next, Bunkers Octagon shaped 7 5/8" wide from side to the opposite side at bottom(6 3/4" top), then the middle of each side sticks out an extra 1 1/4 at bottom" Missle silo is 2.5" diameter in the center of the bunker Walkway is 2.5" high Bunker itself is 4" tall Bunker sitting next to tower is cut 2" both directions in on walkway level basically right up to the missile silo The walkway itself I can measure but my measurements would be hard to say without a picture, I should get my phone back sometime this week and I could take a picture next to a ruler and label some stuff with measurements for you, but this should be a decent start for you I think

Check out my WIP Log

Silverback

Silverback

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
This thread seems like it should merit a sticky to me. Amazingly useful in helping avoid the moaning of other players who would rather cry about relative size than admit they got ownt'.

Wurg

Wurg

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:Wurg's Trukka Boyz
I'm not going to say that I found the dimensions for the Forge World Battle Fortress, because that would be lying. But I have found some photographs of a Forge World Battle Fortress lined up with a ruler on our very own WAAAGH! Given that this fellow was on 5 days ago, I'll give him a shout and see if he'll be kind enough to give us the dimensions on it.

Also, my schemes for a 3000 point army include 3 Warkoptas, so I'll provide dimensions for that if no one beats me to it. Don't hold your breath, though.