Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sparowl's Orks and Kustom MaNz! (Mainly MaNz)

* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Finished painting:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

beatree

beatree

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Yes, deff remove those axe teeth, and maybe add more gubbinz to the flat part, looks too professional for a proper mek Just my opinion

beatree

beatree

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
I guess you posted before i did, too late i guess

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Alright then, what's been going on here?

Oh, right. Nothing.

Sorry about that. A couple of things happened in the last few.....years...... I upped and joined the armed services, traveled a bit, went to new and interesting places (most of them not first world, sadly) and decided.....that I liked it better back home. So, I headed back, rounded up my stuff, my wife and my Ork Boyz, and moved away from home to somewhere else completely new. But now we're pretty well set up, so I figured I'd try and get back into the painting, convertin' and generalized Krumpin'.

Then I hear there's a whole new edition, and that I don't really know anything about this game anymore. So I figure I'll just start painting and see whats what.

I did manage to get all the Boyz rounded up:

Posted Image

As you can see, they're all standing there and...HEY! YOU IN THE BACK! STOP FIDGETTING! One second, I'll be right back......(sounds of order being restored)

Alright, so I got a bit to paint. Here's a quick list that might be moved to the front page and color coded at some point:

1 Ghazghul
1 Warboss
2 Kustom Force Field
1 Shokk Attack Gun
7 MaNz
15 Nobz
83 Slugga Boyz
14 Grenade Boyz
9 Rokkit Launchers
11 Shoota Boyz (painted)
17 Shoota Boyz
10 Big Shootas
12 Burna Boyz (painted)
37 Gretchin
5 Kommandos
5 Tankbustas
2 Trucks (one old, one new)
6 Koppas

I may get around to converting more MaNz, as I do love them, but for now I think I need to get some Boyz painted up. I hear they're important towards the game itself.

Cheers! :cheers

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
I got a little bit of work done. Been painting (or in the case of old orks, repainting) the skins on some Shoota boyz:

Posted Image

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. We're still getting moved in here, so I'm using my camera phone on a kitchen counter. Again.

Posted Image

The boy on the right has pretty much the full workup. The middle one just needs a wash and another highlight. The left one needs about two layers of paint, then a wash and highlight. The rest from the first picture have only had the first coat of paint.

I would've gotta more done, but I got distracted when the Mek Boy inside me woke up and demanded that we start building:

Posted Image

What is it? He hasn't told me all the details, but apparently looking at some of the new tin'ead models have given him ideas. Any guesses as to what it'll end up being?

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great painting so far. Good job, looking forward to more :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Well, I didn't get as much done on the painting side that I was hoping for. Only two more boyz skin got done:
Posted Image

On the other hand, the Mek Boy was very pleased with what was completed:
Posted Image

I couldn't figure out what it was for, until I put it together with the first part:

Posted Image

I'm starting to see it all come together....

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks great! I'm looking forward to more :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Only a small update, but here's some detail work:

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks really good, keep it up :cheers !

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
A little more work done:

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks better once again, cant wait untill its finished :cheers .

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
So, started working on some weapons. One of the Gretchin decided he wanted to be a part of this all, though, so he jumped right in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its a mini-gun with a Targeting Gretchin! In his own cupola!

And I made it so it can spin!

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Ow this i didnt expect! Very well made, cant wait to see it finished.

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Some painting done, but not enough to post about. On the other hand, some magnets came in, and the wings are now semi-attached to the main body. As you can see, I also added a Ram/nose and a gun. On top I put what are slowly going to turn into teeth.

Posted Image
Posted Image

But they detach easily:

Posted Image

I did build an engine to go on it, but I'm not sure I like how it looks. Its very large:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any thoughts?

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks fantastic, cant wait for more progress :cheers .

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
love your mini guns!!! the looted croissant is looking tasty too!

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Alright, here's some more work on the center section:

Posted Image

And a length wise shot, to show off the Bad Moon-zie-ness:

Posted Image

I did some work on the big end to have exhausts. I'm still deciding how to work the engine. I don't like how the big engine would look, since it a.) disrupts the contours of the Bad Moon, and b.) doesn't look like a looted tin'ead piece, unless the orks wielded on a new engine (which could be true).

Posted Image

Some simple exhaust ports. I'm going to work on the Ork driver next, and see how that comes out. Problem is, I'm terrible with anything more complex then filing in gaps with green stuff, so I'm not sure how well he's going to turn out.

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks great, keep it up :cheers .

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
A little while since I updated. Been painting a little, but mostly waiting for supplies to come in.

So, I added some extension to the wings. They're supposed to be some sort of anti-grav/propulsion.....thingy......

Also, Pilot!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, I'm thinking of making a canopy above the pilot. The idea would be to have the frame, with some little pieces of broken glasses around it. After all, Ork windshields are normally broken out, right?