Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trust in Rust Dread Mob: 9-7-17 4-3 Battle Reports from Nova!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust
Mick,
Thanks! I haven't done much else yet. It dropped to -9 C here, so I can't really prime nor airbrush in the garage (my airbrush compressor just came in too :( ). I'm currently experimenting with ivan/sepia mixes to come up with a wash yellow I like. Working on the nob bases in the meantime....then the new ps3 game Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch just came out...so I'm going to have to "pencil in" time to paint lol.

Kaan,

Don't glue until you've tested fitment. Also there is a TON of options on the dakkajet's. You can mix and match the wings/engines, etc and of course can just shove the GW directions except for the basic assembly process. Watch out for the stupid interior grill cover between the main body pieces. I always have a problem with that. But definitely look at all the bits and pieces and try seeing what config you like before gluing. I didn't even realize there was two wing ends until I had already glued the second set on...i had to cut them off. =/

I actually screwed up on the first dakka jet, and ended up making two of the burna bombs into another set of suppa shootas.

I'm very happy with the kit overall...there is so many bits because of the 3 plane types, that I'm going to be kitbashing all sorts of fun stuff!

These are the bases I ordered (with 12 inch stands)
http://www.dragonfor...m...202 1 2.jpg

http://www.dragonfor...m...and 1 2.jpg

dragonforge also sells the stands. I mainly wanted the planes higher so they'd clear most of the terrain instead of being right next to it!

Since you guys replied, here is a random photo from last weekends game where the orks beat up some Dark panzee and beakie allies (LOL).
Posted Image

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I might have to get me one of the jet kits. Nice job on the painting BTW, even though they are the toatlly wrong color. But that's just my inner Deffskull talking.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Spacecat

Spacecat

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 540 posts

Watch out for the stupid interior grill cover

Amen greggles, mine gave me trouble too and I altered it to have a gatling cannon poking out of my jet's mouth! Anyway I found a trick that helps: When you bring the two halves of the main hull together, push a bit against that grill cover from the inside by keeping one finger through the pilot opening as you bring the hull together.

Hard to explain, here's another explanation: Set Grill on one half of the hull, bring halves of hull together, keep one finger in pilot's hole to nudge the grill in place as you work.
Topic for my threats and army: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51463
A recipe for Stormboyz done differently: www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=51279

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
Finished the nob bases. Started on some yellow bits.

Posted Image

Sorry for lack of decent macro...ex took the good camera!

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks great so far, keep it up :cheers .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
Flight bases and rods came in! 12 inches is much taller then I thought! Gonna look great on the table top!
Posted Image

And finally got around to turning those ugly grey craters into something more appropriate. Couple more layers of brighter dry brushing, then a wash should finish them off!
Posted Image

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz
You could do to put sand on the edges of those craters or something. Cool flying base though. Loving it.
My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
Pip,
Good idea on the sand on the edges. I'll definitely do that!

Another in progress of the nobz. (some flying base basing work as well).
Posted Image

Ran out of tin bitz...pots everywhere, no tin bitz...sigh.

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks very good so far, looking forward to see them finished :cheers .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
Like the stuff Greggles, particularly your reds. I may have to loot the paint scheme for my up coming bikers.
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
Thanks guys! And deathskull, it's very easy, just merchite red + red gore + mud wash. If you want to do some highlights, use some orange before the mud wash! Adjust amount of mud wash to get the look you want. (more = darker and muted, less = brighter and more vibrant).

Here is today's progress. Was about to pick up some paints from dream wizards, so got back to work. I like the new yellow wash. I think I'm going to use that for the next unit of boyz. Going to be using the yellowish/orange glaze on the yellows as I liked the way that came out as well (on test ork #2).

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is all pre wash, pre glaze, pre dirtying them up. So they look a bit clean right now.

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Looks fantastic so far, looking forward to see them fully finished :thumbs .

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
Not much to show on the nobz today. Just worked on lots of little details. Probably going to attempt a checkerboard pattern soon. Love how the glaze makes the yellow pop up. I might try the new yellowish shade instead of sepia to see how it effects the yellows.

Almost done the flying base though!

Posted Image

Wish i had the old camera...cell phones don't do the best at capturing the subtle contrasts or details.

Bike bases came in as well!

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great looking base's, i wish my base's looked like this :cheers .

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
And the nobz be done! Last stage took a lot longer then expected. Lots of stuff that doesn't show up in cell phone photos =/. Love the way the final yellows came out Was ivan + new yellow glaze + new yellow shade. I think I'm going to stick to that formula for the rest of the bad moonz.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kernel Dolf

Kernel Dolf

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Kernel Dolf's Orkfantry Kompany
Even though they are bad moon yellow (No camo? That's not proppa! How are you supposed to sneak up and hit someone when they aren't looking!), your Nobz are looking awesome mate! Keep up the good work!
"Half-glimpsed shadows? Orks wearing camouflage? Do you take us for imbeciles? Orks are barbaric and entirely single minded. Army dogma, which has served us well for ten thousand years, teaches us this. Greenskins come on in a great horde, they do not slink and sneak in the shade."

My Website!
My Podcast in iTunes!

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Fantastic painted really. you can be really proud on that :cheers .

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
awesome. Nice yellow.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
al thou models are painted more than good i noticed on few wash lines, and i dont want to sound as some kind of all knowing old fart witch I'm not but if you could paint it over it will stand your minies more, just friendly advice no pressure its just shame to see that imperfection on such beautiful paintings.
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
radegast6,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will in the future once I've gotten a bit better. I tend to go back and rework older models over time. I am mainly going for a tabletop standard here, or maybe slightly above tabletop. I know I'm no pro painter, just enjoy doing it (go into zen mode while painting for hours, so nice).

Glad you guys like the nobz. They look really awesome in the boyz groups. I'll get some game shots next time we play.

Finished up the second flying base. Also came up with a quick method of basing the normal boyz to match the resin bases. (since buying 60 bases would be expensive!). Matched up with the texture and color almost perfectly.

Posted Image

Also had 4 extra evil sunz shoota's painted up (only needed 20), so started converting them to bad moonz, so 17 more to go on that front. Kinda of came up with a fun idea. I always have an issue with all the boyz getting a big mixed up when all the wagons blow up and chaos ensued...so originally i was going to do each squad as a different color. Then I thought...well since my army lists are usually in triples (3 wagons, 3 groups of boyz, etc etc), why not have a clan competition.

So in this case, I'm going to have one wagon evil sunz. One wagon bad moonz, and one wagon goffs. (with associated squads). The reason? Dem boyz got into big fights over whose was best. So da warboss smashed all der eads tegether and told um dat de best twas who smashed da umies da most.

So every game the 3 groups try to see which one gets the most VP and most kills, and at the end there is a winner, and I'll keep a running tally across the year. Yes I know this doesn't include the other 3 klans, but we only play 1500 points...so would be hard to fit that many duplicates in! Maybe I'll paint some of the teritary units (such as loota's deathskulls) or copta's (bad axes).

Should make for a colorful and fun overall army, and keep me from getting worn out on one scheme/color.