Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathskullz Brigade 1850

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,084 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

I say "death skulls reroll".  I usually put some tokens by the unit, and remove them as i do the rerolls, so they know i have spent my "to hit" "to wound" and "to damage" rolls.

Generally it doesn't take too much time, as i only reserve the deathskulls rerolls for things like

KMB's

Power Klaws

Rokkits

and anything else with D3 or D6 damage that has kulture.

So it goes pretty quick generally.  But I always make sure to say "deathskulls reroll" so they know where it is coming from.

Then I say "dakka dakka dakka" when i roll a 6 and generate an additional shot, etc.

It does help to have the deathskulls rule printed or accessible.  Most people are used to playing vs evil suns, so when deathskulls shows up, they just wonder why everyone isn't playing deathskulls afterwords

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 268 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Like Greggles, I always tell my opponent what I am rerolling and why.  Also state dakka rule to get additional shots. 

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,084 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Note that I usually do the death skulls re-roll before dakka dakka dakka, as it can generate an additional shot if you roll a 6, so for your opponents sake, sometimes better to split it up that way.

Generally though, I'm mainly just rolling the big shot item (rokkit/KMB) by itself and doing the deathskulls shennigans on that, so its generally separate from the rest of the bulk shooting.

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 427 posts
  • Army Name:da Conboyz

Ok, I'll stick to this.

Man, I am excited. Two weeks left until the Conboyz roll out into battle...

• greggles likes this
I think I will throw in a proppa Trukk-a-tini. Please serve it shaken, not stunned !

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 427 posts

I plan to get some bloo dice and reserve them for da re-rolls. My opponent can see I am taking the DS-re-roll when I throw a bloo dice; spares me saying "deathskullz re-roll" loke a hundred times...

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
I think I will throw in a proppa Trukk-a-tini. Please serve it shaken, not stunned !

Rubbork Dakk

Rubbork Dakk

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 427 posts

The battle is over. Bloo painted orks are rushing over the cratered fields, plundering wrecks and bodies alike.

Waaagh! Dat fing is ours ! 1st place for da BOYZ !

I played with the last list posted in this thread.

Game 1: 6 objectives + the usual secondaries 

Played against a Smite Nightmare, played by one of our best players: Magnus, 2 winged Demon Princes, 2 sorcerers, Ahriman, some Terminators, a big unit of Thousand sons (i believe), and lots of Tzaangors

Magnus put the pressure on my tanks early on, my warboss sucked, but the Dreads turned the tide. In the end I won by domination of the battlefield.

Game 2: 4 different worth objectives + the usual secondaries 

Played against tin'eads (good player) with mostly skimmers/flyers, but only one big vehicle (doomsday ark). Their dynasty had improved AP on short range.

I got so many charges in on turn 2, thought we were done already; but than I realized that most of his guys had "Fly" and got out of CC... He made some awesome reanimation rolls, the dreads failed to kill the doomsday thing, and if the game had not ended after round 5 I could have suffered a wipe. Lost that damn game...

Game 3: Killpoints (not by unit but by destroyed points) + the usual secondaries 

Played against Dark panzee (average player) with... don't know...some barks (?), venoms, rangers, mandrakes, melee-HQs I think.

He had first turn, bad shooting for him, than my tanks and koptas hit his line. Warboss and melee units disembarked and mauled through his ranks. Dreads came in, but did not shine this game. In the end-phase he won some fights and prevented a wipe, but I won comfortably.

Game 4: 6 different worth objectives + the usual secondaries 

Played against Space Wolves with 2 Knights (weak player). He had no vehicles except for the Knights (one shooty, one normal), Wolves were all Primaris with different flavours. I had sworn myself in to NOT become reckless before the game...but I failed. I wasted one Battlewagon, the warboss and the meganobz as I got carried away, I forgot my "ere we go"-re-rolls for the Dreads and sucked big time. I feared that the boyz would run out of breath. But luck was with da Deathskullz: My opponent played very slow, and as we had agreed to play this tournament with chess-clocks, he ran out of time in round three. From there on it was paradise for the boyz. They took 5 of 6 objectives and scored a big victory.

1st place Orks, 2nd place Genestealers, 3rd Chaos (Magnus list)

out of 8 players.

WAAAGHH!!!

• Zagursnik likes this