Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Id have gotten them a few million more...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,471 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Wait, I have lost track of the conversation apparently.  They are still selling 'umie models, the cadians.  The cadian line was the only complete line GW has ever supported anyway.  What is the issue GSC players are facing?  They are free to buy all the 'umie models they desire.  They are right on the webstore and can be bought from any number of dealers at discounted prices.

killercroc

killercroc

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,006 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

Wait, I have lost track of the conversation apparently.  They are still selling 'umie models, the cadians.  The cadian line was the only complete line GW has ever supported anyway.  What is the issue GSC players are facing?  They are free to buy all the 'umie models they desire.  They are right on the webstore and can be bought from any number of dealers at discounted prices.

There is a rumor (Not confirmed yet) that GSC can only take basic guard units. Commanders, Infantry, Veterans, Russ, etc. So if the rumor proves true that means anyone that bought units not on the list bought useless plastic for their cult. 

https://imgur.com/Pw8lspR

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,471 posts
What units are they referring to that arent currently covered?

killercroc

killercroc

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,006 posts

Basically if the rumors are true GSC lose access to all the Hellhound variants, all artillery, all flyers, all abhumans, all Superheavies & all HQ short of commander and tank commander. In all not counting named characters they lose access to 32 different units.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,471 posts
Jesus, they never should have had access to all that. Good change to strip it down to typical PDF forces.

killercroc

killercroc

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,006 posts

I mean, personally I'm fine with it cause that's exactly what I was going to have, a PDF army with my cult so the only thing I lose out on is heavy weapons teams (IDK why they removed those) but it's a huge hit to all the people that already bought all the other stuff. 

• Skumdreg likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,471 posts
Thats true. They could always swap to a renegade 'umie army I suppose.

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 941 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Can an army be competitive in modern 40k without access to superheavies?
"Parry the 6!"

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,131 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
They've had all those units for a while and they're still bottom tier. It's actually really fun and leads to some awesome conversations. Removing them is actually making peoples armies, worth hundreds of pounds, to become illegal to play in tournaments or matched play. Suddenly Jimmy who goes to his local shops tourny every Friday is stopped at the door because he wanted to be more creative.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,471 posts

Can an army be competitive in modern 40k without access to superheavies?

Oh yes, there are plenty of armies that crush it without super heavies. Honestly, most tournament level armies dont have supers.

Nefairius

Nefairius

Explosive Kranium

• Blood Axez
  • 610 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

The question I'm wondering today is, if they do indeed remove all that gear GSC has access to now, what are they going to replace all that with? Clearly, the small range they have now isn't sufficient, so I guess they'll have to make brand new models for them. More improvised vehicles, maybe more variant hybrids? The intrinsic nature of the army doesn't give them the heavy firepower they need to actually function in the game. If they can't take even a Russ now, they need some kind of captured planetary defense cannon mounted on a large truck. I could see some winged flyer hybrids too, for the sake of diversity. At any rate, more stuff.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Lexington

Lexington

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 236 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz
Im pretty sure that Harlequins have fewer unit selections than GSC do, and thats before you include any 'umie units they might have access to.

rwgf_bannerlogo.png

Nefairius

Nefairius

Explosive Kranium

• Blood Axez
  • 610 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Im pretty sure that Harlequins have fewer unit selections than GSC do, and thats before you include any 'umie units they might have access to.

Far fewer actually, there is like 5 units. They're not really a full fledged army on their own, IMO. Even in their new book often enough you see apanzeeis and drukharis huffing to catch up behind them. Of course you could take just harlies I suppose, but them and the ynarri are clearly meant to be mixed & matched. I don't know what GSC will become, but they lean on guard pretty hard as I understand it. I've never even seen a GSC army in person though, so maybe they already have all that they need to be a fun, diverse army with more than a single gimmick.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,131 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Not many people do play GSC because they're a newish faction that just is not that good.