Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shooty Ork Gang?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,378 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I'm intrigued by the Ork gang rules from this thread, but I was wondering how possible it is to make a shooty gang?

BS2 doesn't help, nor does the -1 to hit on many weapon's long ranges. Any hit you cause is likely to result in an ammo roll (which you are likely to fail).

Stubbas seems the best way to go for the boys, but what about the spannas? Burnas at least guarantee a hit, but they are short ranged. Big shootas will run out of ammo even faster than a regular heavy stubber (Ie. the first time they are fired more than likely). Deffguns are expensive.
Best seems to be the kustom mega blasta, but it only fires half the time.

Am I looking for something that isn't there? Am I essentially stuck with beating face?

List so far:

Nob
Stubba, Choppa.

Spanna
Big Shoota, Stubba.

Spanna
Big Shoota, Stubba.

5x Boy
Stubba.

A few creds left for bits and bobs and/or trading.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,831 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
With those rules, certainly. I don't know quite when I'll be finished with them, but I am working on some Ork Gang rules myself. To be honest, I could use a little help Necromundifying all the weapons, ammo and gubbinz. I'd say most lists using those rules (well most lists using most Ork rules) tend to rely on Grots for shooting. I don't approve of the BS2. In my rules, they are BS 3. Inaccuracy is factored in with hit modifiers. Grots make up for being the same by having a higher potential BS from advances, and having weaker, but more accurate weapons.