Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orktober begins!

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
633 replies to this topic

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Well, we have a bunch of stuff that Dim is sure to have fun trashing, and they really like the phrase "more often than not." We'll see if they have better stuff later on.
  • Lexington, Blakkreaper and Ryan like this

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,044 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

40kOrkLare-Sep1-Vehicles13w.jpg

Well, at least that settles whether or not the boyz are gonna be on 32s going forward. Also, I do appreciate they brought back the old ork barricades as plastic with a scrap pile or two as new terrain.

• greggles likes this
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Them ain't the old barricades http://www.the-waaag...=52648&p=720789

Nice to see that GeeDub are at least doing summit fer Orktober and dem buggies just do look sweeeeeeeet - SunBurnz iz definitely getting some reinforcements :biggrin

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,044 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

Huh, you're right. i've got a set of... something at home that are the old resins from CoD and I thought they were a closer match... i'm gonna have to dig them out and look. either way, nice to see new themed terrain after so long.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 738 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Nice to see that GeeDub are at least doing summit fer Orktober and dem buggies just do look sweeeeeeeet - SunBurnz iz definitely getting some reinforcements :biggrin

They are from the new speed Freaks box set.

NovaReveals-Aug29-SpeedFreeksContents8eh

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,424 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

This is going to sound terrible but the more I see this "new stuff' the less excited about it I am. I like the Rat Rod buggy. the rest so far not so much. The Warboss on Trike is a letdown as well. I just see material for building over. The paint jobs in the preview picture...  Flat and bland red. 

From FB, "so when are you going to tell us about the new warboss" , "We can't tell you about something we haven previewed yet"   So, maybe a new warboss? Or that Grukk rename? Too soon to even make a guess. 
My shopping list is not going to be very big this time around.

I don't know what I think about GW putting Boys on 32MM bases. I guess, they're their models they can base them how ever they want is my most rational reaction. 

For anyone planning to rebase to 32MM bases... Here's a place to buy them in bulk.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 932 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
No new boyz kit either. Well at least all my leftover kromlech heads won't become redundant.
"Parry the 6!"

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,129 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Yes the "more often than not" bit triggered the fuck out of me. Whoever wrote that fluff was quite keen on playing up the meme. Well, that dented my hopes for the Codex.

• Blakkreaper and skarnir like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,114 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

Yes the "more often than not" bit triggered the fuck out of me. Whoever wrote that fluff was quite keen on playing up the meme. Well, that dented my hopes for the Codex.

How about you go out on a bang and just put in detail everything wrong with these clan previews. Muhahahaaa.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,129 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Oh I'll be able to pull this shit apart. 

Like this:

In battle, Orks fight in the simple manner of their gods – the cunning brutality of Gork and the brutal cunning of Mork. More often than not, this sees them perform various types of headlong charges into their intended victims either on foot or on the back of sturdy transport vehicles. 

That's right Boyz and Gurlz, Orks don't do tactics and march down the middle to win. Basically they fight in the form of Mat Ward fluff.

Or better, the Vigilus character name:

Warlord Krooldakka

Oh my Gork. Who the hell comes up with their names? They need to fire this person.

• Blakkreaper, Nefairius, skarnir and 1 other like this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
More often than not when the WH Community team says "more often than not" they're talking about idiotic meme orks rather than referencing anything in their own fluff? They also bring up that ork tech totally should never work, because that's what beakie players think and therefore must be right.

Also, while it looks like most of those boys are on 32s (though you can have my 25s when you pry them out of my cold, dead hands), is it just me or is that boy in the front of the mob still on a 25?

Lexington

Lexington

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 231 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka'z Ladz

Oh my Gork. Who the hell comes up with their names? They need to fire this person.

Look, if you haven't given up on the anodyne, corporatized, utterly thoughtless garbage that GW's Studio writing has become, you're only inviting pain and sadness for the foreseeable future.

• Blakkreaper likes this

rwgf_bannerlogo.png

Nefairius

Nefairius

Explosive Kranium

• Blood Axez
  • 610 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Does anyone get any good fluff anymore? When I saw krooldakka, for the first instant I misread it as kooldakka, making me think of LL Cool J and other stupid things. Thankfully, it's not that bad, I guess. At least it's not  Kruellagh the Vile level...

I guess they didn't put us in WD because they wanted to push out ork stuff on the site, which I guess is a more prominent position. As an ork patriot, I would have liked WD to be a special Orktober edition with only ork stuff, and a massive set of articles too. Can't have too much orks!

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

gedrekt

gedrekt

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Gedrekt's Tredd Headz

I thought it was a decent introductory blurb for people not familiar with orks, but yeah the part about how more often than not ork tech shouldn't function bothered me. I hope they don't push that angle too hard in the codex.

I thought the part about Runtherdz being born with ancestral memories was interesting. The bits I had read about Runtherds before made it sound more like they had an oral tradition of storytelling, but I might have been misinterpreting it or I just missed the ancestral memories part. I actually think that ancestral memories has the potential to be pretty cool and I had been toying around with the idea before this article came out.

I'm nervous about the upcoming brainboyz bit. I like that the truth of the brainboyz is kind of a mystery and I hope they don't nail things down too tightly.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Yeah, if the brainboyz article isn't a giant shitpile I'll be extremely pleasantly surprised.

Madda Mek

Madda Mek

Flash Git Nob

• Deathskullz
  • 3,501 posts

Glad (and sad) I'm not the only one whose Orktober JUST GOT F :bleep ING RUINED ON DAY ONE (great job GW, You always deliver!).
RxMqfCf.jpg

And I had tutorials (yes, plural) and paint blog already scheduled...
I'm not rebasing based on principle that Genestealers didn't have to, also "they came with 25mm bases when I've got them, so...".

• warhead01, Blakkreaper and skarnir like this

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

Glad (and sad) I'm not the only one whose Orktober JUST GOT F :bleep ING RUINED ON DAY ONE (great job GW, You always deliver!).
RxMqfCf.jpg

And I had tutorials (yes, plural) and paint blog already scheduled...
I'm not rebasing based on principle that Genestealers didn't have to, also "they came with 25mm bases when I've got them, so...".

So...? Not the painting or the tutorial will change a bit cuz 32mm.

I am not rebasing my orks and neither will the vast majority of us.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Looted Russ Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,926 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

I'll be rebasing my Boyz Nobz at the very least, and also my Lootas. A couple dozen models at most. I do not like the oval bike bases, nor the buggy bases which I will do without. I am old. And curmudgeonly.

• skarnir and FlamingDeth like this

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
The bike bases kinda fit the bikes better as the dakka guns make them wide so difficult to put close next to each other ... But i agree i prefer the straight sided ones (think that makes me old too)
I was going to say is this the first time an "old style" troop choice has got bigger bases? I wasnt aware stealers had gone bigger. When primbeake and plaguemarines got bigger it didnt matter so much as models were new. But orks as a horde means bigger bases take up more space which is surely the issue. Nobz and even elites should be sized up (burnaz are too unstable anyway) especially if new tankbustaz arrive eventually. But tshirt save boyz didnt need it.
Not that it will effect those of us with 200 boyz already, but it will also look weird with boyz on unmatching bases - like that pic, where i agree it looks like front one is still on 25.

As an aside - my predictive text wants to turn tankbusta into feminists... Girl ork power lol
  • Nefairius likes this

colinabrett

colinabrett

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Badrokk

https://www.facebook...?type=3

I don't know if the above link will work but there's a Facebook painting competition focusing on Orks. One of the comments says:

Jean-Simon Brunelle: It's Orktober ladz. Oi! When do we'z get da Kodex?

To which Warhammer 40,000 replies: SOON!

Is this true or more shenanigans?

Colin

"The smartest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
-- Verbal Kynt, The Usual Suspects