Da Kill Team Kontest is Live!
UPDATE! THE NEW DEADLINE IS AUGUST 17!!
IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE PARTICIPATING (WHICH WILL REQUIRE A NEWLY BUILT AND PAINTED KILL TEAM) YOU WILL NEED TO RECORD WIP PHOTOS (AND/OR VIDEOS). THE INITIAL PHOTO OF ALL YOUR WORKY BITS BEING GATHERED NEEDS TO INCLUDE THE DATE, TO ENSURE THAT IT'S A FRESH BUILD. THAT PART IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!!!!
UPDATE:7/24/2018 : The initial image with a date is only necessary for people who are not actively posting a build log. In other words, if you're saving all of your WiP pictures until the end, you need to have a picture with the components used and something showing the date. Entrants with an active log here or the mek's garage are exempt.
NOTE: This thread and the Mek's garage are the only other acceptable places for this exemption! Linking to a build log on another site will not suffice.
- Sign ups are not required but prize pool levels won't be revealed without them, so get your name in if you want to see what you can win!
- An image of your initial build with the date is required. This is to ensure all entries are fresh new kill teamz ready for krumpin!
- WIPS are required of a minimum initial stage (worky bitz), build in progress (da mekkin), and painting (makin it proppa), however, the WiP pictures are also part of a bonus score, so anything beyond the minimum will net you extra points in the judging stage.
- Follow this thread! Any changes here are important for people that have enrolled in the kontest, though I will try to avoid them (unless they're good!).
- All models for the kill team must be newly built for this kontest.
- The models do not need to be GW or any other specific manufacturer.
- Conversions, sculpting, kitbashes, and other modifications are highly encouraged.
- This is open to kill teams of all armies, however, Orky kill teams will have a decided advantage in scoring.
- Kill Teams will need to be legal for game play. That's not to say you can't use outside the box thinking (da kunning plan), but it needs to make sense.
- Diorama bases are cool, but if the models can't come off of the diorama they're not legal, so plan for that.
- Paint jobs are subjective. If it looks like you've attempted to paint everything on the model, you're good!
- Deadline for final entries is August 10, 2018. I will be checking for entries the morning of August 11.
- Plan on submitting on or before the 10th, late entries will not be allowed!
- Clear photos that show the progression of your team are a must. As stated above, this is a 3 image minimum (initial bits, build, paint).
- Minimum image size is 600x800 pix with no maximum. I suggest reading some tips on miniature photography.
- Submitting the work of someone else is forbidden. If someone is unable to post images for some reason, message me and we'll figure it out.
- All work on the model must be your own... so keep your Golden Demon winning buddies and/or paint squigs out of your build!
- Looting ideas that are already out there is okay but originality counts towards scoring as well!
- All rules for image submission for the site are in full effect. If your submission contains inappropriate content, you need to censor it yourself to bring it into compliance with site rules and regulations regarding this. Submissions that do not will be disqualified.
- The judge(s) will be scoring entries based on criteria discussed in the thread.
- Scoring will be private.
- If there are enough entries there will be a "people's choice" category decided entirely by community votes!
- Winners will be announced no later than August 12th. If this changes, it will be posted here.
- The judge(s)' decisions are final. Please support our winners and foster an environment of sportsmanship.
- In addition to previously mentioned criteria, if any kontestant becomes abusive to other kontestants or judges, they will likely be asked not to participate in future kontests hosted by me.
- If you have questions or concerns, post here or message me directly.
- As issues arise, you will find I am usually prompt in replying but be patient, I have a busy schedule and can't always reply within a 24 hour window (I do try though).
- The number of prizes awarded will be based on finished entries upon the final date of the kompetition.
- During the course of the kompetition, prize levels that are possible will be revealed.
- Prizes will require a mailing address. Please do not post those here and only message your address to me if you appear in the final results area as a prize winner!
- So far none of the prizes are being provided from anywhere other than my own pocket.. keep this in mind before expressing disappointment with the types of prizes.
- Prizes will be sent with tracking. However, if something happens in transit, I am unable to supply replacements and the postal service will have to answer for lost or misplaced parcels.
This is the first in an initiative to breathe life back into this place. If we get a good turnout, this contest may expand into additional categories, like Kill Team boards, Battle Reports, etc. At the moment, I can only put up enough for a basic modeling/building contest. When our 8th edition Codex drops, we could see an even bigger contest. Stay tuned and spread the word!
Here's an article from GW on selecting your Kill Team to get the ball rolling!