Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ruuuuumours! Get yah rumours! Only cost yah yah dignity!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 589 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

If Custodes are they're own damned book, Kroot ought to be one too. Every time I see them golden boys, I say "if they're here.... WHO'S GUARDING THE EMPEROR?!!?"

Back when I played fish'ead, I painted my hoofed warriors in bloody scarlet, at first I called it "commie red" but then when I got to my kroot I realized they were kind of like Redcoats- thin red line and all that. I painted my kroot a bit like like Iroquois or Huron warriors. At the very least, I thought of the relationship between the two as being similar. IDK what they'd do with a krootdex though. Honestly I don't see a strong demand even from someone like me who actually liked taking the damn things.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Carnivores, hounds, oxes, shapers, hawks, a few other things? I can see a kroot dex as easily as half the other things theyre willing to make codices for.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
OOOOOOOOOH DUUUUDES! Rumooooooouururururururs!

So I was scrounging facebook and came across this post:

Wait wait, so you actively remove model options (e.g. autarch) as you don't want your customers to "kit bash" however ... lets advertise conversions and kit bashing ...

Gw actually replied to it with this:
We don't want people to have to convert their miniatures to be able to represent something we no longer produce, Joe, that just wouldn't be fair. We love seeing the conversions people build to represent their forces in games - that's why we do posts like this!

Someone then said this in reply:
Warhammer 40,000 well then the Ork codex is going to look pretty small.

And then! Gw replied :
Ohhh, no it isn't...
  • Warboss Gordrog likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Why would the codex look small even if they removed all of the choices lacking specific bitz or models?

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,365 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

This just in Tyranid forces made extinct by grots scrounging for food for the big Ork BBQ (and chilly cook off ) in the Octavian system. Ghazghkull said to be pleased with the attendance record. :biggrin 

• Badfang Brassaxe, Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"Warhammer 40,000 well then the Ork codex is going to look pretty small. And then! Gw replied: Ohhh, no it isn't..." I wish I could be hopeful, but the response is extremely vague. The possible meanings run from a fluff ridden codex to a major rework of the Ork line, and everything in between. If I had to guess, I would err towards the fluff end of the spectrum.

"Why would the codex look small even if they removed all of the choices lacking specific bitz or models?" Of course it would not look small, GW has mastered the art of fluff over content. They sell the sizzle and not the steak, and this steak has been cooked so many times that boot leather would seem tender in comparison. Not trying to pick on you Philly, just pointing out the obvious. Let us hope for good content, and some rules variations for the Ork clans.  :yes

P.S. Getting back on subject: Nice set o' teefs, whatever they belong to.  :thumbs

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
Thisnis the ruuuuuuuumours thread so I can say what i want! And I say it means double tripple quadddywaddy confirmed we getting all new orks and they're 100% free to all ork players to say sorry.
  • FlamingDeth likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

Even if they removed all of the options without models, the choices available to orks is one of the largest of all the armies.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

"double tripple quadddywaddy confirmed"; I like that, it takes me back to my Late Cretaceous playground days.  :yes  Well I triple dog dare ya to provide real confirmation!  ;)

...or we can wait till tomorrow to find out what reality has for us.

• Garslag likes this

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
Pffff reality... Thats when hopes dreams and waaaghs are crushed...

Look live the ruuuuumours.....

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

"Pffff reality... Thats when hopes dreams and waaaghs are crushed..." To paraphrase the 60's; 'Rumors are for people who can't handle reality.'  ;)  ....now educated guesses are another thing entirely.  :lol  

Wingnutz, I responded at the beginning of this post in the manner that I did, because rumors can hurt if you let them. Rumors create the hopes and dreams. Reality does not crush hopes and dreams, you do. Reality is what actually exists, and it is what we have to live with. Hope can be a wonderful and inspiring thing, it can also be viciously cruel (study the original ancient Greek ending to Pandora's Box). Take this as advice from an elderly man, who has been there.  :yes

• warhead01 likes this

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
Damn thatz sum deep finkin...

Dont do finkin... It messes wiv me choppa swingin....

;)

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,399 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.

Check the size of the brush strokes; I call new Gazzy.

• Penelope the Wonder Pony and PhillyT like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

Check the size of the brush strokes; I call new Gazzy.

Dribble, you are wise...

I agree.  I am thinking this will be Ghaz.  That is SERIOUSLY blown up.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts

"Check the size of the brush strokes; I call new Gazzy." "I agree.  I am thinking this will be Ghaz." The lower jaw incisors/fangs look a little undersized to be an Ork, especially Ghazkull (imho), and where's the iron gob?  :?  If you two are correct, then I'm a weedy git.  :yes

A new Ghazkull would be fantastic (if we can afford one); a new one is in the making, so the rumors say.  :lol

P.S. With practice you can do your finkin & swingin simultaneously; it's kind of like walking & chewing gum at the same time.  ;)

The Normal

The Normal

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 84 posts
  • Army Name:Mekaladz

Nope, nothing new for us in the horizon. The big teeth are from this guy:

https://imgur.com/HO1oFbA

New AoS in june. So, no codex for us anytime soon? 

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,087 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
So an AoS Squig. I do tire of being right. ;)

(It's not it btw. Just enjoying some Warhamfest Snark)
  • Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 886 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Melted cheese monster, attack!!
"Parry the 6!"

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
The rumour picture looks nothing like that guy. The teeth are far to wide apart and a smaller mouth. Please check again.

And yeah, geuss we are july like the rumours said back last year. No 40k news at all but a new AoS might give me an excuse to try the game out.

The Normal

The Normal

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 84 posts
  • Army Name:Mekaladz

The rumour picture looks nothing like that guy. The teeth are far to wide apart and a smaller mouth. Please check again.

And yeah, geuss we are july like the rumours said back last year. No 40k news at all but a new AoS might give me an excuse to try the game out.

You may be right. Is there hope for some squigs then?