Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Itinerate Projects

- - - - - Dakkajet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

I am coming back to my Orks for 8th edition and wanted to share what I'm working on. It looks like my old thread didn't survive some of the issues in the past, so here's a new start. I'll try to circle back and add some old stuff as I go but photobucket's policy changes aren't helping.

Anyway, I picked up a used, assembled Dakkajet off eBay for a decent price. When I unpacked it, though, I realized that it had been assembled with only 4 supa shootas. Since 6 are allowed, I decided it ought to have 6 - here's the solution I came up with after starting at the spare parts for a while (with a little inspiration from another sci-fi universe as well)

LErEJvp.jpg

MopcdjL.jpg

I'm a bit stuck on how to paint it - I am torn between a beat-up white with a red lateral stripe or something similar to my Blitz Bommer:

qD6SqrV.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C welcome!

edit: fixed image links - getting used to imgur

• Orkimedez and Mik McMok the Mek like this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

I used to field an x wing dakka jet at one time, and guns the same. it helps if the bottom wings are tilted down, but a cheap buy on ebay works too. I like the base colour. Are you going to wather it, flame it, or camoflage it?

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

Thanks Mik McMok - I'd be curious to see how you did yours and painted it up. You're right - I was stuck with the wing placement; with a new on sprue kit you could make the x more pronounced.

The painted one is a finished Bommer with some weathering which the first photo doesn't show too well; this one shows a bit better:

O39jTKP.jpg

mtpMfF1.jpg

I've got Blood Axes and most of my stuff has fairly outlandish camo but I patterned this one loosely on WW2 schemes (green top, whitish underside.) Not sure if I want to do the same for the jet or if I ought to pattern it closer to an x-wing.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts

Sadly, i haven't got my x wing anymore as I used the spare wings when i was scratchbuilding another flyer, which ironically i never use anymore). 13087369_1185408468137468_11698159047126this is the best pic i have, i think

• Itinerate Ork likes this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts

13103532_1189097897768525_74259453290237This is after i nicked the extra wings off it

• Itinerate Ork likes this

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

Both versions look nice! Good group of flyers you got there!

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,441 posts

Both versions look nice! Good group of flyers you got there!

thanks a million. I have one more flyer, but i rarely use that one. It's a Blood axe one it's based on a twin boom aircract like a Fokker GI, (no pics sorry)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dakkajet