Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Contest 2017 - GhostRider

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,623 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Well, can't claim he's finished - couldn't get the LEDs I wanted and ran out of time & glue but I got this far

IMG_1209_zpsfp8j3vm7.jpg

All sorts of bits to improve on it but today's the deadline so

GR1_zpskbmxsnwm.jpg

The basic idea seems sound enough - I've just got to sort out the translucency of the 'flames' (and get some 3mm superbright LEDs for the skull and the headlights) and before I can do that I've got to get some more glue.

I tried :cheers

• armored walker, Zagursnik, jackdoud and 2 others like this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

This is truly awesome. I've always been a big fan of "If you want to make a name for yourself you need to hunt big game."  I did after earn a custom title in an objective maker contest. (Go find Gooba'z Tools)

But I digress.

Build: 7. I can't tell if it textured paint or just your signature sculpt style. I like, but its got that chunky feel to it.

Paint:  Gave this a scratch because you stated it wasn't finished and it looks it. Hard to tell everything thats going.

Likeness: 10 It's dead on. What's that? Oh Ghostrider.

Creativity: 10 you had and idea, a high level idea. (I'd interested in seeing WIP) and you executed it. Well done.

One gripe is the chain whip. I didn't make off for not having that but it would have been a great touch.

Thanks for participating :thumbs

• Mad Grot Docsnik, jackdoud and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,623 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Zag, I went with the idea of an orky GhostRider having to be a bit chunkier than an 'oomie one and the forks had to be sculpted up around a couple of bits of brazing rod (partly for strength but also as part of the circuit to get power down to the front wheel LED) - gotta parts list pik but the build was very fiddly with all the build hanging together off bits of wire for the most part and not at all photogenic.

IMG_1198_zpsmkilqyeh.jpg

Hopefully be able to order some slightly more suitable LEDs (the ones I had to use were intended for use in a garden) and I was getting better and better at the flames just as I ran out of glue :bang

I will be having another go at it with a slightly better idea of the problems to avoid - and he will be getting a chain :thumbs

• Mad Grot Docsnik, Zagursnik, jackdoud and 1 other like this