Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Epic: Swordwind

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang Gogulk Badazz´ Goff-tribe - Da Beakie-Bustaz
Hi, surprised no one have written anything about it yet..? Anyways, it´s out now and I got my book today (Advanced Ordered it and got it 2 days late..! :scowl ). The book is similar to the Epic: Armageddon rulebook, ofcourse. Looks great in its full-colour format and have alot of nice pics. The Feral Orks looks promising and my fav have to be that Steam Gargant... :biggrin Anyone who have played with that list yet, I guess it´s been out in the Vault for a while..? Cheers! :thumbs
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)

Stoffa_da_Boss

Stoffa_da_Boss

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Stoffa's Ladz (Evil Sunz)
Whoa, old thread. Seems like nobody posts here, strange... Anyways, you got any Epic Duregar? Got myself a nice little force of Skaraborgare from P4 :P (Steel legion) almost finished, played it against the ork fellow at the club. Course he didn't use the feral list. Had some DA allies and we rocked, sent him reeling all the way home. :)

"A lot of the Blood Axe Boyz were wiped out in a nasty inter-Ork war known as Da Big Party", Orkish point of view on civil war.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,613 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
What do you guys think of the Orkeosaurus? I'm almost inclined to say that the FW Epic gargantuan squiggoth could almost pass for one of those... Too bad I don't do feral orks in Epic. :/
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Stoffa_da_Boss

Stoffa_da_Boss

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
I no expert but it seems like quite a nice superheavy "vehicle". Noticed it says "thick rear armour"? Well with a behind of that size, who is surprised? :) What army do you play Agatheron? Ordinary ladz?

"A lot of the Blood Axe Boyz were wiped out in a nasty inter-Ork war known as Da Big Party", Orkish point of view on civil war.

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
Whooa! Someone finallt replied!! ;)

Very interesting that you got some "Pansarbassar", Stoffa_da_Boss!
I´ve yet to decide what army I would get myself, I have a lot of old stuff my brother used in 1st and 2nd Ed. of Epic but most of it looks like shite...
Maybe I should raise a Whaagh! and come up to Gothenburg and krump you..? :biggrin ;)

That or Beakies... I was tempted to get some new Guards, but if you have them I *need* Orks... :thumbs
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)

Stoffa_da_Boss

Stoffa_da_Boss

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
Yep, would've gone with the good old infantry if I was still living in Halland. But who can resist the armoured might with the vincinty of P4 in Skövde? Yes, you *need* orks, very good, more players are needed for Epic :) I'm planning an army of orks after I finish up my guard. To be able to introduce more people to the game by lending one of them.

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
then it´s all set, I´m ordering some brand new Epic stuff next time I order from GW! :yes No idea if I start with Beakies or Orks first though (I want to do as you, have two armies so I can introduce people). I´ll give your weedy gits a good krumpin´! ;)
Especially as they´re "Pansarbassar"! ;)

That would open up some new possibilities for campaign play, Epic, Farty K and BFG! :)

Stoffa_da_Boss

Stoffa_da_Boss

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
So will you be going feral or Ghazghkull? Still trying to figure out which one myself. Haven't been able to read up on the lists much yet. Campaigns are great, but my Imperial Navy is quite small and my Orks haven't got any ships at all :crybaby

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,613 posts
I play regular Orks for the time being. I am curious about the Orkimedes Gargant Mob... as I have a regular Gargant, a great gargant, as well as a Mekboy Stompamob... However, I also have 9 FW gunwagons, 6 FW Fighta Bommers, 4 FW Bommers... all painted up too... plus a Landa... nice amount of aerospace support. I'm playing a tournament on May 22 in the toronto battlebunker. I've not played a lot, so I have a list I've drawn up. I'm likely to use 500pts in flyers... If i can find the list I'll post it here and look for some feedback.
______Agatheron \_______

Stoffa_da_Boss

Stoffa_da_Boss

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
Oh the FW models. :love Considering the price on the ordinary stuff I'm even thinking of getting me some of them. Not such a steep difference. Hm, gargants and fightas... Sure know that the former messes up my tanks and the latter my artillery. Hm, should invest in some hydras and titans soon... Toronto you say? I'm half a Newfoundlander myself, going to University in Sweden now. The gaming community good in Ontario? Suppose it must be with so much people. Wish I could afford the ticket over to have a go at some tournies. :)

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts

So will you be going feral or Ghazghkull? Still trying to figure out which one myself. Haven't been able to read up on the lists much yet.

Campaigns are great, but my Imperial Navy is quite small and my Orks haven't got any ships at all  :crybaby

View Post

I will probably make the first army out of Beakies :blush , to go with my Farty K Space Wolves and BFG Space Wolves Fleet and then make some opposition, Orks! :yes Probably the Armageddon variant led by Ghazgkull yes.

We´ll have to postpone any campaigns then, but we never know what happens... :D

By the way, I need to krump your Orks soon, I would have felt bad about it, if theyhaven´t been weedy Lootas... :biggrin
I´m painting ´humies right now, but will raise a new Skarboy mob for the Orks after I have some playable Guards. Might be fun with killy Goffs krumpin´ weedy Lootas later on! :choppa ;)

Cheers!

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,613 posts
Actually the "Toronto" battlebunker is in Oakvlle. The gaming community ain't bad here, but how should I know? I only just moved into the area myself. ;)
______Agatheron \_______