Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Lee" gunwagon build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
I rather like the boxy look of the bw turret. I think the gun mounted in it is a bit weedy in relation to the size of the turret but fits w/ the scheme of the tank itself. Id cut it in half around where that little box window is in the face plate. Be a real hoot to have the grot turret stuck on top of that as in the pic a few posts up.

Yo git! I heard you like turrets so I put a turret on your turret!
  • Penelope the Wonder Pony and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,476 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

I've taken a couple of pictures from further away, so that you can get a better idea of the proportions of the turret relative to the rest of the tank (sorry for the blur, lighting is a bit rubbish today!):

HjNcWcO.jpg

aGjA2SI.jpg

I've not started detailing the left side of the tank yet, don't judge me. :lol Turret is obviously just blu-tacked together, until I decide what to do with it. 

I'm starting to lean back towards cutting the ring mount section off the back of the turret and putting a straight angled face in there instead (much like on the other side of the turret). It would still be a very tall and bulky tank, but that would fit with the theme I'm going for- I really want a cartoon-y 40K style tank with a resemblance to the Lee, with a definite Orky flavour. Though that would mean that I've not got any top hatch at all, and I'd quite like to have a kommander popping out the top. The humanOrk element really helps sell a vehicle, I think. Hmm. 

EDIT: From this angle you can also see that nothing is straight... thank god for the "Orks built it!" defence.  :bang

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,152 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Proppa looking wagon ya got there, NTBMK. :thumbs

Long ago, I earmarked a Lee kit for orky ends, so finish this up so I can plunder all the good ideas. :whip  ;)

Don't forget the periscope! :search  :thumbs

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Warlord Gul

Warlord Gul

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! GUL
The main hull of the tank is great - the overall form is spot on - resembles the Lee Tank, but is instantly recognisable as an Ork build!

Regarding the turret:
Whilst you still have it blu-takked together, I would suggest leaving the back of it untouched (allowing you to have the hatch for your Kommanda), then altering the front facing of the turret to a more oblique, slanted angle, that is similar to the Lee Turret - just to see how that looks.

I think (looking at your side elevation photo), if you tried mimicking that sloping front line, created by the Rhino front armour, with a continuation above it on the turret (when it is facing forward), this could help strike the balance between Orky blockiness and the Lee Tank's general aesthetic.