Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dakkajet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Maz

Maz

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Goffs/ Speed Freeks

So, after nearly 10 years in hiatus I felt the pull back and have restarted my Orks.

I never played with a flyer before so one of the first models I bought when I cam back was naturally a Dakkajet.

It was a blast to build and only slightly frustrating to paint lol.

hLbIzRi.jpg

• Orkimedez, chaoshead87, Zagursnik and 5 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,144 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Like the detail work on the panel edges and rivets :thumbs

Arueda333

Arueda333

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 21 posts
That looks awesome. Love the colors. This makes me want to buy one now.

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 620 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Love the red to black transition. Airbrush work? Would love it if you had the time to give us some notes on how you painted it, and that lovely weathering!

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 717 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Jobs a gud un! :thumbs

That pavement wont know what hit it :dakka  :dakka  :dakka

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Docchainsaw

Docchainsaw

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skullgnasher

Nice, I like the red to black fade

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 827 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
+1 on red to black gradient. Also, white on red!! Hate myself so much right now for never having thought of this.

Is that scarf a kustom jobby?
"Parry the 6!"

Maz

Maz

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts

i took the pic outside during "the twighlight hour" as i have no suitable indoor lightbooth :)

dusk and dawn are amazing for lighting

the scarf is just one of the heads from the kit :)

Maz

Maz

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts

@Ard

Yes to it being airbrushed. I kept it a bit sloopy because "Orks"

I wish I had taken the time to take WIP pics, but I can at least walk you through the steps

For the plane it was a prime with Duplicolor Sandable Primer then I painted the whole plane in Mephiston Red followed by a Agrax Earthshade wash and Evil Sunz Scarlett drybrush.

Metal is Boltgun with 2 coats of Agrax and a light drybrush of Boltgun and then lighter of Runefang (silver) and the bronze/brass, is based in Boltgun, then a coat of Sycorax Bronze, and 2 coats of Agrax then a light drybrush of Runefang.

I then airbrushed the wings and tail vallejo model color black (best black in the business in my opinion) and then went to weathering.

I lined the armor plates with Runefang, making sure to keep it rougher than a normal lining. Then I took Nuln Oil Gloss and stared making oil streaks along the body.

Then the checks, dags, and flames. Just painted white on the black and red...2 to 3 coats is easy when they are small shapes. I then finished off thearking by washing them with Agrax and splotching it with a brush and/or finger to keep it from settling on the larget flat surfaces which turned it into a filter more than a wash making a dirty white instead of a light brown.

The pilot was painted Deathworld Forest, Elysian Green, and Ogryn Camo very lightly on his face.

Base is bleached bone, Gryphonne Sepia, and small splotches of Agrax to break up the large surface, which was followed up with a bleached bone drybrush, aird static grass and the earth green clump foliage.

On a side note...best PVA glue you can find, at a decent price....Titebond with the red label

I work on guitars in my spare time and no pva glue wormks better. I have yet to have a single issue with basing material flaking off.

Home Depot and Lowes carries it.

I suggest giving it a shot.

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 620 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Thanks, that's a great write up! I have a battlewagon that could use the same treatment so thank you for the inspiration.

greggles

greggles

Warbuggy Driver

• Boyz
  • 1,544 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Fantastic job!