Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Contest

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Oh the weediness. hahaha :lol no worries ladz. Life abides. I count myself among. I'd hopes of making a piece just for something to do but my got orders so its hide all the stuff that doesn't really have a place, wipe down the walls & pretend no one lives here in hope that someone might want to buy it.

I had what I think is a pretty sweet idea. "Sherlork Holmes & Dr. Grotson vs the Grox of the Baskervilles." I wasn't gunna go too overboard w/ the sculpt, just that signature Holmes hat & then a cane for Grotson. It was a toss up between the squig or the grox but I wanted something imposing so the grox won. Its all stuff I have laying around so it wouldn't have taken much.

Best of luck to those still in the hunt : :choppa  I'm excited to see what you all have come up with.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
We've had an outbreak of Nurgles Rot among the runts of the Garslag household, putting construction behind schedule. A real good weekend could put me back on track,but i lack confidence. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
"Parry the 6!"

Garr

Garr

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Just as i get an idea the contest is all but done, ah well, Morkready Vs Da Squiggly Fing can wait for the next time.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 424 posts

I'm allmost done, just some details left to paint.

Maybe there's still time to make another entry?

Naw, just teasing youse guys :biggrin

• Zagursnik likes this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 424 posts

Aaand I'm done, http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=54583

Hope to see more entrys soon!

• Zagursnik likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Ugh..tedious painting is tedious. I'm hoping to have my entry finished up this weekend though. I'm 80% there.

• Zagursnik likes this

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

My entry is up!

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=54587

• armored walker and Zagursnik like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,580 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Don't know if I'm gong to be able to finish off my GhorkRider tonight

The contest will run from May 1st to may 31st. Entries posted after June 1 will not be eligible for prize consideration. (This will be based on US EST) 

Is that after June 1 has started or ended :biggrin

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

2 entries out of 8(10) contestants? That's pitiful even for this place. Come on guys, post up those builds!  :whip

• Zagursnik likes this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Jack has thrown down the gauntlet. I will give you weedy git until 6 am EST tomorrow. However, as per previously stated rules, any late entries are not entitles to the prize.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Elusive

Elusive

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
  • Army Name:Gitbustas
Well I was rushing to finish my entry, after skipping some details to speed it all up I hit it with some​ spray paint then remembered we needed a wip picture before paint. So I'm just putting it on pause. I had made the CAT 3000 Power loader.I'll likely paint it in the next week's and post it into the wip section.
  • jackdoud likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Yeah so, Lord Voldemork is not gonna get finished - or rather, he will get finished, but not in a timely fashion. I have a collection of pitiful excuses which i will not bore you with.

Congrats to everyone that got their sh!t together in time :) and thanks to Z. for running this thing.
  • jackdoud likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Because I can't count to ten with out taking off my socks and shoes I have sent away to NASA to calculate the results of this contest.

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

"Even with using the Hubble telescope this one is too close to call." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Seriously bro."- Me

When it came down to it,  I had  to look for really nitpicky things to find wrong. I guess that's the point in a contest but its not something I wanted to do because both entries were really unique, well done and perfectly executed.

To that end I have contacted both finishing participants to inform them that they will be splitting a set of steak knives. :lol

No, instead one $25 prize they will each be getting a $20 prize.

When I have a longer moment I will post my thoughts in each entrants post.

Thanks to every one who posted interest in this contest even if you did not meet the deadline. I'd still be interested to see some of the WIP results that any of you were able to come up with.

• Mad Grot Docsnik, jackdoud, Badfang Brassaxe and 1 other like this

"And wut's dat Boss?"

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 424 posts

Thank you Zagursnik for organizing this cool contest.

As the turn-out was a bit on the smallish side, I pledge to make two more Movie-orks by the end of summer (=before new year). Planning  and collecting bitz starts tentatively for Hellboy and Judge Dredd - on a bike.

Should Hellbork's skin be red or green - or both?

• Zagursnik and jackdoud like this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts

Ooooo thats tough. I'd say, if were having to be judging it, you loose point on "likeness" but pick some bonus point up for staying "orky"

"And wut's dat Boss?"

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

I'd say green skin but with red facepaint

• Zagursnik likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,580 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I'd say that a fairly distinctive thing about Hellboy is the red skin - I suspect that if it was done with green skin it wouldn't look that different to non-Hellbork orks :?