Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some of these green guys

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great model and really superb painting. Fantastic :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
I like your flames, checkers, highlights on red armor! Purple gits look great too! My only question is why do you choose to base your tanks etc? are thse removable to act as craters when vehicles explode? Thanks for sharing with us! :cheers _skyfi

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Always lovely to get some positive feedback! :thumbs It's acutally not the first time I've got a question about the bases and by looking at most of the other vehicles around I do understand that it's not that common. However I believe that a nice basing improves the overall look of a model a lot so basing vehicles comes quite naturally to me. It also helps the coherence in the army, especially as the white snow provides quite a contrast. As I considered the base a part of the model they are quite firmly glued to one another. :biggrin

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Time for a fresh new post :cheers

This time it's not about, finished modells, nor is it about not that ambitious conversions. It's about speed painting or to be more precise how fast do I paint. Mainly just because I'm curious.

Posted Image

What you see in the image is 14 orks from some different squads (mainly what I could scavenge from my stash of bits). Now you might want to say something like "No shit Sherlock" but read just a few more like before you do as here comes the interesting part. Each one of these orks have recieved 6 different layers of paint after the undercoat

1: based all the skin areas with dark angles green
2: added snot green to all but the deepest crevices
3: highlighted with goblin green
4: highlighted with scorpion green
5: toned it down with an old mix that I don't really now what it contains, I would quess that it contains DA green, some black tone och something else which I'm not sure about. This is of course thinned out with alot of water.
6: last highlight, again with scorpion green

(The basic idea is that the contrast between DA green and scorpion green looks good from a distance while the rest of the layers makes it smooth enough to watch up close. This however is not important right now)

I've edited this post and swapped the picture to one where you can also see the pants painted. This is the one part on the orks which I take the easy way out on. It's simply 3 thin layers khaki and followed by some gryphone sepia.

This all in all took me like 3-4 hours, so the question is as follows: So what I want some input on is if you guys think that is effective or not. :biggrin

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great skin u have, to bad seeing it now and not when i started my army. I whould for sure have used it :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)