Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

expanding ork army

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Huskar123

Huskar123

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
  • Army Name:Mobamob

greeting warbosses, here newly recruited boy want to ask what the best way (from play and money point) to expand my ork army

I already have

1 Warboss

30 Boyz

5 Burna

1 kopta

1 deff dread

1 painboy

10 nobz (5 shoota+coppa and 5 not equipped yet) 1 will be bannerman and 1 will be big mek

I plan to buy 2 truk boyz set from GW

I know I need more boyz (always need more boyz WAAAAGH!!)

toaae

toaae

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

Boyz.

But since you know that, I'd suggest getting a weirdboy, who are great in 8th. Personally, I'd also get some tankbustas (converted from boyz if you don't wanna buy the finecast kit), lootas, or something to take on vehicles (mek gunz, killa kanz, ect). But, really, you can't go wrong with boyz and then just picking a unit you think looks cool, collecting it, and then repeat.

Huskar123

Huskar123

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts

oh yeah weirdboy, I want to buy the ironjawz box, is the weirdboy from that box the same size?

I like stormboyz, can you convert boyz to stormboyz? what bits I should use for the jump pack?

Greyhound

Greyhound

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 406 posts
  • Army Name:Greyhound's Horde
The best weirdboy imho is the orc warboss from AoS who runs with his tongue out. Easy swap on the axe to put a weird staff

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 579 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Battlewagons are good. You could put the nobz in one of your Trukks, pick up some more boyz and put a big mob of them in the wagon. Or put together a big Tankbusta mob and put that in the BW and just drive around spewing 3-damage rokkits everywhere. Even terminators will learn fear after being on the receiving end of a Tankbusta barrage.

StormGuard

StormGuard

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts

Its been said already, but I also would suggest adding a Weirdboy, as they are fun to play and worth their points. :yes

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Huskar123

Huskar123

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts

yeah, my plan for the 2 truks to put one with 10 burna and the other one with 10 tankbusta.

battlewagon is little bit expensive if i want to buy it i might drop one of the truk boy box

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Loot a leman russ and turn it into a Big trak conversion.... then put supa skorcha on it!!! :P

"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.

Huskar123

Huskar123

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
Looted leman russ sounds good, but how to make it open topped? Just saw it?

And what is the best way to equip nobz? Expensive gear or just kustom shoota and big coppa?
Kill saw is pretty good for tank melter.

toaae

toaae

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

Looted leman russ sounds good, but how to make it open topped? Just saw it?

And what is the best way to equip nobz? Expensive gear or just kustom shoota and big coppa?
Kill saw is pretty good for tank melter.

I'm going to build my first Nobz mob with big choppas and a killsaw/kombi-skorcha, and some ammo runts. 6 nobs to keep points down and damage up, acting as a supporting assault unit out of a trukk for da boyz.

greggles

greggles

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,312 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

toaae,

The skorcha's auto hit.  Ammo runts for just the shoota part would be a waste of points.  You'd be hitting on 6's and trying to reroll them.

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,360 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
A super kannon wagon is probably closer to a Russ, especially since it can be T8 (afaik).
  • Blakkreaper likes this

StormGuard

StormGuard

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts

The way that I armed my 10x Nobs is as follow: 8x Big Choppa's and Shoota's, and 2x Kombi-Skorca's and Big Choppa.s, and they did quite a bit of damage in 7th edtion, not tried them in 8th yet, but am looking to using them soon. :D

SG.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts

Get a Battlewagon with a Deffrolla (plus 'ard case).  Best thing in this edition for orks by far.

Sparowl

Sparowl

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts

Get a Battlewagon with a Deffrolla (plus 'ard case).  Best thing in this edition for orks by far.

With how good Open-topped is, I'm not sure the 'ard case is a good idea. It depends on what is riding in it, I suppose. A unit with skorchas is going to get a lot of work done out of that vehicle while being immune to small arms fire.

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
The first game I used the battle wagon as a mobile bunker for lootas and they did nothing. Opponent ended up ignoring them as they were so poor.

2nd game, and every game since, it carries 20 boys and finds the biggest thing it can charge. Opponents are now terrified of it. The T8 is a big deal, well worth the trade off from shooting (in my opinion).

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,360 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.

With how good Open-topped is, I'm not sure the 'ard case is a good idea. It depends on what is riding in it, I suppose.

The T8 is a big deal, well worth the trade off from shooting (in my opinion).

Exactly.
T8, like Str8, is a big cut-off. Str 4 (a good proportion of small arms fire) now wounds on 6s, Str7 (plasma guns, autocannon(?), missile pods, lootas, etc.) wound on 5s and rokkits/missiles/most power fists wound on 4s.

As a mobile bunker I think the BW is better served for more close-ranged shooting units like TBs or Gitz, with Lootas better served being set up in cover in the back field.
As open topped doesn't help with assault these days though, the 'ard case is pretty much a mandatory option (and free) for anything other than a deditaced shooting bunker.

StormGuard

StormGuard

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts

The Battle Wagon with Deff-Rolla, is a wonderful thing, though I am just going by what I read In the index book, as I don't own one as of yet, but soon I will. :D

Unwounded, it can deal out in close combat 6x Strength: 8, AP: -2, Damage: 1 attacks hitting on a 2+, which is cool in the extreme and could surprise your oppent as well.

SG.

Huskar123

Huskar123

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
So its better to buy BW first rather than truk? BW take 10 TB and 10 burna how bout that? I like burna boy and stormboyz

StormGuard

StormGuard

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts

Personly I love my Trukks, even if they got totally destroyed in 7th Edtion, they do seem to be a lot more durable in 8th though, what with Ramshakle ability being improved.

As far as what to buy, and referencing your first post about getting 2x Trukk Boyz mobs, I would consider getting just the one(1) Trukk Boyz box, and get a Battlewagon with Deffrolla, but that's just what I would do.

I would however advise that you give it some thought and go with your gut feeling, make up a few army lists, and see how a Battlewagon and Trukks fit into those lists, that way you can get a feel for them without spending any money, this is what I try and do anyway. :D

Hope this helps.

SG.