Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FAQ charging bonus

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,514 posts

The Xenos 2 index got a change to the Biker Boss.  He now allows bike units to advance and charge.  That should help some of us out I suspect.

• Blakkreaper, Badfang Brassaxe and greggles like this

AnthonyS

AnthonyS

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
And makes a warboss on bike a good 'fire and forget' model on his own with an easy turn 1 charge

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,414 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Overall the faq was boring but this is huge or bad! I do not understand what the mobrule change means but also stormboyz can now charge without mortal wounds if a biker boss is nearby.

The reason why i think it is bad is that it could suggest the Warboss on Bike will not be in thr codex if they have to change it in the index.

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I think they were just trying to plainly explain Mob rule for people who didn't understand it. I can't say I see a change at all. Don't have my book near by.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,586 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Overall the faq was boring but this is huge or bad! I do not understand what the mobrule change means but also stormboyz can now charge without mortal wounds if a biker boss is nearby.

The reason why i think it is bad is that it could suggest the Warboss on Bike will not be in thr codex if they have to change it in the index.

Boring??

The FAQ fundamentally changed the way 8th operates.  It invalidated a number of build types and shifted the game away from the disruptive Alpha Strike.

As far as not being in the Codex, why would you assume that?  If its a huge issue, you can just use the Forge World Biker Boss instead assuming they do the axtremely unlikely act of removing the normal one.

greggles

greggles

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,049 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

I do expect zhardsnark to get a points adjustment.  He's still way too cheap, virtually an auto take in every single ork list. 

Also did anyone notice the FW Xenos FAQ added back some ork units?

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 262 posts
Not an earth shattering change, but it does open up an additional alpha strike option for orks while removing alpha strike options from a ton of other armies. I havenât done any math or tests to see if charging a pile of bikers into melee is points efficient or anything, but at least itâs possible now.
  • Skumdreg likes this

Nefairius

Nefairius

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 650 posts
  • Army Name:Grand Meklord Morgrim's Waaagh!

Nerfing everyone that ain't green is fine in my book  :thumbs

• warhead01 likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 525 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Also did anyone notice the FW Xenos FAQ added back some ork units?

just looked at it, hope the super heavies are not as overprized as the current ones

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,414 posts

Boring??

The FAQ fundamentally changed the way 8th operates.  It invalidated a number of build types and shifted the game away from the disruptive Alpha Strike.

As far as not being in the Codex, why would you assume that?  If its a huge issue, you can just use the Forge World Biker Boss instead assuming they do the axtremely unlikely act of removing the normal one.

Boring for me who fights mainly gunline armies who don't DS until turn 2 or 3 anyway. So in my games nothing will really change apart from whrn I bring my terminators I can't stop the artillary from shooting at me until turn 2.

But also isn't it just a beta rule? So I don't think many people outside of a few places would use it anyway. When it does come iut though I really hope they slash thr prices of every unit that can DS.

greggles

greggles

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,049 posts

Beta rule = implemented officially in 6 months.  It's put on trial first.  So might have adjustments by the end.  My guess? Ruling stays the same, deep striking returns normal on turn 1 for CP costs.  Basically you can alpha, but you are going to have to pay for each unit to do it.

The big issues I saw in the FLG stream were the immune to assault ruin rulings.  That's going to be nasty.  If you create a situation where there is no way to place a base on a upper level of ruin, you can't assault it...period.  Seems a bit iffy to me.

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

Beta rule = implemented officially in 6 months.  It's put on trial first.  So might have adjustments by the end.  My guess? Ruling stays the same, deep striking returns normal on turn 1 for CP costs.  Basically you can alpha, but you are going to have to pay for each unit to do it.

The big issues I saw in the FLG stream were the immune to assault ruin rulings.  That's going to be nasty.  If you create a situation where there is no way to place a base on a upper level of ruin, you can't assault it...period.  Seems a bit iffy to me.

It like I'm the only one who has always played ruins/elevated terrain that way. Good lord :lol . Seriously how was anyone expecting to complete an assault if they could not physically place their models where they needed to be. I've never considered using the wobbly model syndrome for anything other than moving models across terrain, it always seemed far too messy and complected for fighting in an assault. I'm more surprised that, if this was an issue, GW didn't add/errata combat rules like the barricade rules, which I think made it a 2" range or something. I'd have to look.
I realize I play mostly in a group insulated from the rest of the world but this never occurred to me at all.

I can't say I care too much for any of the Beta rules. I can't think of one that I like.  Is the warp charge rule a Beta rule? that might be the exception.

And. There's now some debate, did the tactical reserves rules nerf out Da Jump turn 1 or not.

Valdrog

Valdrog

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
  • Army Name:Cuban Waaaaaghhh

How do you guys see this affecting The Jump, unit doesnt start on reserves, its already on the field, it just gets moved on the Psychic phase.

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

How do you guys see this affecting The Jump, unit doesnt start on reserves, its already on the field, it just gets moved on the Psychic phase.

I know it's being beaten out over at Dakka right now. I can, unfortunately, see both sides of the argument.

I guess Jumping won't be very strong on turn one any more, which seems really shortsighted to me.  The interpretations seem to be distilled from other clarification so who knows. Some one said they have emailed GW to ask. (Over on dakka.) 

I haven't had but 1 good jump on turn one in my last 4 games now that I think about it. so right now I don't care too much how this shakes out really.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,414 posts

iue64Ei.jpg

I geuss the Deff Dread doesn't believe he can reach.

• PhillyT, Badfang Brassaxe, Gitkilla and 1 other like this

warhead01

warhead01

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,490 posts

wait. does the base have to be within 1" or the model? My brain no work right now.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,416 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

wait. does the base have to be within 1" or the model? My brain no work right now.

My FW megadredd don't have a base, neither does a GW stompa or a trukk with a wrekkin' ball or a BW with a grabbin' klaw.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,414 posts

My FW megadredd don't have a base, neither does a GW stompa.

It's weird... I remember in a slightly competitive game I went to my Morkanaut was 2"away from a model like 1ft off the ground and I was told I couldn't charge it because it was in ruins and I couldn't fit... even though my Morkanauts arm was in the lowest position and still higher that the model I wanted to charge. XD
  • Badfang Brassaxe and greggles like this

greggles

greggles

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,049 posts

Well dreads in general can't charge into structures anymore, because they might get scratched :). I really don't think it's going to come into play very often.  It's pretty hard to pull off, and whatever unit is up there has to fit to be put up there anyway.  You can't drop a riptide on a 1x1 square and say its on top of the building.  (Just like the autocannons in the example aren't on top of the structure, as they are hanging off the edges.).  Can't have your cake and eat it too...unless you're a git, and we can pull out the metal dreads and socks for those.

Regardless, I'm just working on building some warkopta's now that they are awesome.

• warhead01 and Badfang Brassaxe like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Warbuggy Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,586 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

The example there is clearly a case where the autocannon player is engaging in gamesmanship.  We play that if the model is tall enough for its body to within an inch then it can charge.

Regarding the over all changes, the new rules are very much going to help balance play.  Most good armies were seeking ways to perform first turn charges and tactics revolved around protecting yourself from those disruptions.  This shifts away from that issue to a degree and allows players to have at least once round to use their army relatively unmolested before models start arriving second turn.

• warhead01 and greggles like this