Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rustraider BitzWagon

- - - - - battlewagon land raider crusader leman russ ork conversion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Big Mek Rubbagluv

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Moons

A decade ago I loved playing orks for the conversions. Put da boyz away for a long time and only brought them out again this year. Last night decided to give another shot at using all those old tank bitz to build a battlewagon.

Not sure if the job's a good 'un, but I wanted to share!

7fWRuVll.jpg

As you can see, the chassis is an old land raider body (Crusader to be exact). The killkannon mounted on top is a carved up leman russ chassis. Used the front lascannon under the driver (probably going to represent zzap gun).  :dakka

I'm going to give the driver beakie shoulder pads and a bit more plating around him, but he will still be exposed (which I felt was pretty Orky). But I play deffskullz, so his luck should keep him alive!  :yes  

rvJnVLol.jpg

The back platform is just a couple of old school trukk beds cut up. I also included a portal door under the killkannon.

I'm going to throw on some boyz with big shootaz in the corners and turret, but otherwise I don't have much more to add. Ideas?

If you like what I built, I'll post more pics as I paint the thing. 

• det, Snarknit Grokguzz, greggles and 1 other like this
"There's nothing like the sound of Dakka in the morning!"

Big Mek Projects:
Life Size Mega Armor

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 631 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Yes, more pics, it looks good. If I could make a suggestion though - angle the battle cannon upwards,it looks really droopy and sad. I guess it's current configuration is more realistic for shooting troops on the ground, but I think it would look lots more imposing angled up.

Also, taking photos against the light as you have makes it really difficult to see the fine detail, especially for us phone browsers. Can you take your piccies from the other side of the bitzwagon next time?
"Parry the 6!"

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

MOAR PICS!

But yeah, this is a great conversion!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battlewagon, land raider, crusader, leman russ, ork, conversion