Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vragnar's Redskulls

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Vragnar

Vragnar

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Vragnar's Redskulls
Hey all,

As promised on other threads (can't remember which one exactly :P) This'll be the stroy of Vragnar's Waaagh. At the moment, my ork collection consists of about a GM Warband worth, but I do have a few boxes of Boyz stored away, and I'll be looting almost all my vehicles anyway :)

I play GM at my local Gaming Club, so this is going to pretty much be week by week updates. I kicked off the leeg to 1) revisit this cool old game :) 2) get me inspired to start building & painting my Orks

WEEK ONE
Da Rumble
To Kick off the leeg I organised a big rumble, 5 players showed with at least 2 complete newbs to the game. The 1 vehicle limitation caused a few grief, but fortunately I'd built my trukk with 40K in mind, thus it easily holds 10 orks ;)

One of the newbs was hoping to loan a trukk, but the guy never turned up so he used a Chimera sans turret. Da Kymera is building a reputtaion for itself :) Fun was had by all, highlights being me setting up last and just escaping getting sandwiched by two rival trukks, and Da Kymera head on ramming one of those rivals causing the trukk to explode! Game ended on time, so no Nob picked up the winna bonus.

To kick start the leeg this week was double XP, so all my grots managed to pick up BS 4, and the Slaver +1 Ld resulting in a Ld Challange. The Slaver lost to the Nob, and picked up Impressive Scars bumping his Ld to 9 (Much respekt!) and insuring he never challenges for Ld again! Vragnar upgraded his slugga with "More Shootier"

WEEK TWO
Da Lootas
Having escaped lightly last week Da Mob Rating was 153, one of the top rated Mobs, so of course I didn't get to pick the scenario. The guy who did completely mis-read it (been a loong time between games) and set up as the defender. Alas, his reserves never showed, and his gang bottled after about the 4th turn. 3 of 4 loot was mine!

Game Highlight was when 3 grots boarded his empty trukk :biggrin but alas grots are grots and they failed to do anything much ;)

Vragnar's a generous git, and upgraded Gunz (a grot) slugga to "More Shootier". Alas the Mek didn't think it was proppa, and charged a full 6 teef for the work! Anyway, with BS4 & S4 shots the Grot should be a bit of a suprise!

Da Lootas
Again! Again I didn't get to pick, but this time I was defendering (as is correct by the rules). Alas Gunz never got to use his shiney new slugga, getting pinned, pinned, flesh wounded, and then shot at with no less than 3 kannons! and picking up a 2nd flesh wound putting him out of the game :(

Da Trukk did a quick gettaway followed by some neat turning under thrust to set up for a head on. The other Orks go da drop on us and rammed first. However, a head on is a head on, and we both ended up immobilised. A couple of turns of HTH combat, and my bike managing to stay upright desping the driver being down for 3 hilarious uncontrolled turns and the Mob bottled.

One of my "other" Grots went out dead, and the Slaver (Gotcha) picked up an Old Battle Wound. The other mob took two deaths (Boy & Yoof) so despitle losing I reckon I came out on top ;) Added a Reinforced Ram to Da Trukk, and after much deliberation two Yoofs with Crossbows... all I need to do now is make em!! New Mob Rating 161

FAQ's?
This brings up a question of was there any FAQ's ever released for GM? Where might they be found (I can get hold WD's back to pre 100).

The burnign question of the moment is when you upgrade a weapon/vehicle with Mek customisation, does that add to the cost of the weapon for Mob Rating purposes? ie A Shootier Slugga cost 2 + 4 for the shootier, does it cost 6 on the roster?

Thats all for this week. Stay tuned for more :thumbs

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang Gogulk Badazz´ Goff-tribe - Da Beakie-Bustaz
Thanks! Just got the Gorkamorka books a weeks or so ago and I really like it (in fact I love all of the skirmish games, Necromunda, Mordheim...) I don´t remember any FAQ´s though i have all White Dwarfs since the GM release so I can check out it for you , if there´s any. Otherwise just make it up, GM is more of a storyteller game so I don´t see any problems you shouldn´t be able to solve..? I will (later) put together two mobs so I can play with friends, no other huys here have Orks unfourtunaly... The whole thing with ramming, chases, boarding is too cool to not give a try! :biggrin What about Digganob, is it worth to pick up from ebay or whatever..?
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)

Vragnar

Vragnar

• Grotz
  • 24 posts

I don´t remember any FAQ´s though i have all White Dwarfs since the GM release so I can check out it for you , if there´s any. Otherwise just make it up, GM is more of a storyteller game so I don´t see any problems you shouldn´t be able to solve..?

No probs doing that, but always nice if you have a nice neutral opinion ;)

What about Digganob, is it worth to pick up from ebay or whatever..?

I reckoned it was, and did so, but your mileage may vary ;)

I think unless you or someone else is interested in Rebel Grots, Diggas or Muties it's not worth the effort. I picked it up for completeness, but you could quite easily live without it. Gubbins Mag (yes fanatic had a GM mag for about 2 issues) has some interesting ideas, but lots (if not all) of it was in WD's so if you have them, don't bother.

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
I love you. Keep us updated. I'm gonna get gorkamorka/digganob/gubbinz-mag soon in a deal.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

Vragnar

Vragnar

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
Week Three
The Wheels fall off... :(
"Why's you drivin like a zoggin grot!" bellowed Vragnar, banging his Choppa on the roof of the driver's compartment.
"Err... she's pulling a little to the right" answered Mad Makk, jamming his shooter under the righthand side of the steering controls "I fink it's dat new Reinforced Ram we 'ad fitted Boss"
"Zoggin Meks" muttered Vragnar as Sokkit's bike exploded behind them...

By Gork what a disaster! Picture if you will, I'm the bigger gang, and my opponent (Da Fireballz - waanabe Goff's) rolls a 3 for scenario. I get to pick! I choose "Da Chase" coz the rolling road is just a cool scenario ;) Plus the scenario rules mean all thruster tests are at -1, all weapons short because of sandstorms. With any luck my opponent will spin and I'll Ave 'im in my grasp....

However, my opponent has as 'Eavy Shooter, and I don't. Infact, I've got mostly sluggas with a 6" range! I do get the first turn however, and I thrust up, and roll a 1. The Trukk swerves right.

Opening shots see's my bike go down immobilised. Left with 2 turns before he "rolls" off the table, the Spanna legs it onto the trukk. Mad Makk pulls off a turn under thrust, but rolls a 1 for the thrust check.... swerves right. Next Turn the bike explodes in a fireball - instant serious damage for that vehicle.

Next round the Trukk makes a turn under thrust.. and guess what, rolls a 1 for the thrust check and swerves right!! It then gets shot and immobilised!! Vragnar, obviously furious charges and the Fireballs slow down and move in for the kill!! The Fireballs should be called the bloodnuts, coz some 50% of the gang has head wounds, and one of the frenzied boyz jumps out charging my mob, and take down Grimtoof, a Boy with some experience and extra strength.

Given I can't shoot anything, and seeing a 'Eavy Shoota bearing down on the mob, the Mob decided to cut it's losses & bottle (Rolled a 10). Grimtoof is "Dead". The Bike has so many holes in it it's -1 armour all round. So, I sell it and slap a 'Eavy shoota on the Trukk.

Mob Rating has dropped from 161 to about 146 in 1 game!! :bleep I managed to inflict NOTHING on my opponent. I did get some satisfaction though when the 'Eavy Bolter gunner made a challenge for Leadership. Interestingly the Meks pick Shooty as the form of combat, but after a coupla rounds of shooting the Nob says Zog this and charges.

He 's rolls a 1, I roll a 6. The Gunna lays down SEVEN hits, inflicts 2 wounds and takes the Nob town, and seizes control of the mob! :lol Not only that, with a Ld of 9 the only way he's going to lose Leadership is though death :) or loss of Ld I guess, I think that can 'appen if he visits the Doks and loses all his teef.

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
2 weeks and no update... :whip C´mon... I love this kind of thread.

I wanna read how you beat the snot out of these Da Fireballz in the revenge match, zoggin Goff wannabes.. ;)
Wolf Lord Duregar aka Dog-Breff aka Grimfang Gogulk Badazz (<-- due to too much fungus-beer & roasted squigs..?)

Vragnar

Vragnar

• Grotz
  • 24 posts

2 weeks and no update... :whip C´mon... I love this kind of thread.

Ah sadly thats because we haven't played since! :( and doesn't look like we will for a couple of weeks :(

On the upside Vragnar's taken to the void of space and will soon be smashin' the enemy fleets wiv Roks & a Hulk (see the BFG forum ;) )

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 973 posts
:thumbs That´s definetly something to look forward too! Thanks for the reply. I´m starting to pop popcorns in the meantime. ;)

Golancers49

Golancers49

Grot Rigger

• Grotz
  • 173 posts
WOW... This is great Vragnar!! Makes me want to play gorkamorka!! :(